Forfar v Clyde

1 hour ago, Replays said:

Given the abuse some Forfar fans have given Munro on here this season, I’m surprised he wasn’t giving the GIRFUY to his own fans.

Probably thought he was! No that bright oor Andy.

As has been said, no issue at all with Andy Munro going tonto. Fair play. It’s just football, if you can’t take a player celebrating in front of you then may I suggest something like staying at home. There’s definitely a large section of Clyde fans that would refer to folk as “snowflakes”, but the second they get it back all hell breaks loose. Just laugh, move on and try not to be a sad wee b*****d.

Obviously gutted about the result. We’ve been playing well recently but loads of aspects just never clicked yesterday. I STILL don’t think King should play left back. I STILL think Kabia should start.

The way things are going we still have a chance of clawing ourselves off the bottom of the league but we need to bounce back straight away.

Forfar having been getting a lot of decent results of late so not a shock we lost yesterday. Fair play to Forfar.

If you can’t take opposition fans and players celebrating their team scoring a goal then stay in the house or go watch the bowls.

Still all to play for as far as I’m concerned.

17 hours ago, Davy the Dug said:

I don’t recall one single shout towards Munro prior to him scoring, so no idea why he went towards the away end.

I love this shit. In a football stadium with 500 other people and dafties think they can hear every word uttered.

18 hours ago, Davy the Dug said:

I really don’t think you can pin the blame on Clyde fans today. As I said earlier there was zero need for Forfar fans to be right next to Clyde fans, zero need for Munro to go fucking mental at our fans rather than his own fans after equalising.

The Clyde fans set themselves right up beside the Fan Zone, which yesterday housed the players from the 2014 Community Club squad. It’s long been tradition in the lower leagues, where possible, to change ends at half time, something I remember doing at Shawfield back in the day. For that reason I would lay the blame with the new Forfar stewarding team.

Regards yesterday, yes the young Forfar fan in the white jacket was goading the Clyde fans, his conduct is not for me but it says more about the Clyde fans’ reaction than it does about him. There was one older Clyde fan giving the Forfar fans stick from well before that. 

We recently had a group of youngsters that came for three games and were intent on trouble, thankfully they appear to have got the message to stay away.

Interestingly one young local fan I know was at Stranraer last week and asked their supporters, who were peacefully standing alongside each other, about the trouble with Clyde the week previous. Their version of events was Clyde fans “attitude” was the issue. Which brings me to my final point, most games pass with no trouble but there seems to be a common denominator and it’s a small section of Clyde fans, just saying….

If anyone watched Ray's interview he's pubically said he was playing for 0-0 in the first half and wanted to change things at HT. Also, he said Forfar were excellent the first 25 minutes.

For me the first half wasn't anything between the teams, Marc made a fine save but sadly he could only palm it away to an open Scullion. Second half Forfar had a little more impetus and we were probably the better team after 90, although I doubt many would complain if it was a draw.

Munro was clearly psyched for this match and was given MOTM for his performance. Munro did have many doubters at the start of the season (me included, he was my 5th choice CB) but he has stepped up with Morrison moving in midfield and Allan being played as a fullback.

Finlay Allan had a decent game for us, Rusty didn't do much and I was glad Rayan did not too bad when he came on - yes he got fortunate for his goal.

Whilst it's still mathematically possible for us to be relegated I think we'll be fine now, will that mean players can play with more freedom? No, because Ray and creative free playing football don't mix.

20 hours ago, virginton said:

Have you never watched a game at an unsegregated ground before, or do you have a uniquely nervous disposition? I'm sure that Clyde fans were never at any point giving it out at all to the Forfar players. 

Seems strange that every other club at your level can host games under the same conditions without incident at all, until a certain, permaraging gang come to town. 

The irony of a guy who has been coming on here to argue with people every single day for 17 years to call anyone permaraging is something else.