Forfar v Clyde

54 minutes ago, Davy the Dug said:

I really don’t think you can pin the blame on Clyde fans today. As I said earlier there was zero need for Forfar fans to be right next to Clyde fans, zero need for Munro to go fucking mental at our fans rather than his own fans after equalising.

Onto the actual talking points. Felt that Kabia should have been brought on at HT, we needed a second goal to kill the game. Ray Grant has been a complete liability lately, dunno if it’s because he’s out of position or terrified of getting injured again.

6 points adrift, 8 games to go. Guess it’s going to make things interesting.

Yeah. There’s always an excuse or some sort of flimsy attempt at mitigation isn’t there.  Strange how other clubs can have opposing fans next to each other without issue until Clyde imbeciles come to town.

4 minutes ago, NilNil said:

Yeah. There’s always an excuse or some sort of flimsy attempt at mitigation isn’t there.  Strange how other clubs can have opposing fans next to each other without issue until Clyde imbeciles come to town.

I wouldn’t class what I said as mitigation at all. I have said both sets of fans from what I could see were at fault. I just don’t understand why when we scored we had the young ones run to the front to celebrate with the players. And when you score your fans start to goad the Clyde fans that were closest to the small pocket at the far left of the stand.

Whatever way you want to paint it, I was there, I was well away from the (non)-trouble, but I saw what happened; you had Clyde fans celebrate a goal, nothing more than you would expect from a normal bunch of fans, and then you had Forfar fans (not all I must say) goading Clyde fans, rather than celebrating with their own players.

If you’re going to bite at people then you should probably expect a reaction. I’m not saying it’s right, but don’t come on here pleading that it’s the big bad Clyde fans that are at fault.

I'm mystified as to why folk are upset. 

Football fans have for decades given each other pelters when their team has scored. Players have celebrated in front of opposition supporters for the same length of time. 

It's part of what makes football at this level great. There's always fannies who get carried away, but it's not exactly new either. If folk don't want to move, that's their choice, but actions have consequences.

7 hours ago, C_titz said:

No punches thrown . About 10 Clyde fans rattled by one Forfar fan 

Was it the geriatric next to the gantry? He does gets a bit lairy at times.

6 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Just watched the highlights, love a slow motion, huge deflection winner. Couple of great saves from McCallum too.

Was that really all that Andy Munro did at the goal that resulted in such a Heads Gone?🤣

Some heads were long gone before Andy ran past laughing after the winner.

4 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

With all this behaviour from some Clyde fans at Stranraer and now Forfar, might be interesting how they react at Borough Briggs on the last game of the season.

There fate will be known before that so they will be in "play off " mode 😉

22 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

You'd hope the heads don't go down too much given both Forfar goals came from very fortuitous deflections

The first was piss poor defending 

23 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

The first was comical, 2nd I'll agree was a fluke.

6 minutes ago, C_titz said:

The first was piss poor defending 

It can be both poor defending and unlucky that the ball falls right at the feet of an unmarked opposing player

38 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

You'd hope the heads don't go down too much given both Forfar goals came from very fortuitous deflections

I agree, bad luck for both.

What is not bad luck though is inviting a succession of balls thrown into the box by failing to retain possession, or giving away needless set pieces. The first came from Ballantyne running into the back of a Forfar player for no reason when the ball was high up the pitch. The second saw King stick the ball out for a throw without even trying to get distance on his clearance. Those were just two examples of what must have ran well into double figures in terms of silly decisions.