Forfar v Clyde

That's bitterly disappointing, things were looking really good for us at half time. Still, not terminal, and a defeat against the second-most-form side away from home isn't ostensibly too much of a disgrace. Makes next week's game massive though.

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

That's bitterly disappointing, things were looking really good for us at half time. Still, not terminal, and a defeat against the second-most-form side away from home isn't ostensibly too much of a disgrace. Makes next week's game massive though.

It is terminal. Today was last chance saloon 

3 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

You've been saying this every week for about eight weeks now. If things stay as they are and we manage to beat Bonnyrigg next week, we will be three points behind them with seven games left. If we lose next week and end up eight points adrift of both them and Stranraer, then it'll be terminal.

Edited by the_bully_wee

Just now, the_bully_wee said:

You've been saying this every week for about eight weeks now. If things stay as they are and we manage to beat Bonnyrigg next week, we will be three points behind them with seven games left. If we lose next week and end up eight points adrift of both them and Stranraer, then it'll be terminal.

And for the last 8 weeks we've been bottom from throwing it in games like this (apart from last week) 

8 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Last chance saloon? 6pts behind two teams with 24pts still up for grabs, away you go ya roaster.

Today was terminal as they proved again to be a big bunch of wimps. That second half performance, from a winning position, was dreadful.

So if we win next week it doesn't matter then eh? We are bang up against it as it is without everyone throwing in the towel. Not many folk were complaining after the last 2 games if I recall. 

11 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Happy clapper number 1

Sorry that basic arithmetic isn't something that registers with you, but to be condemning us now is horrific. Unfortunately I could write about an endless amount of issues I have with the club, particularly in recent times, but I reckon over the next few weeks it would be better to at least not add to the woe, and actually get behind the team. I certainly believe that bad performances such as today should be criticised, I'd just rather focus on a positive conclusion to this season, especially when we have the matches and points available to do so.

Edited by maccanee

That's bitterly disappointing, especially having taken the lead and with the way other scores were at HT.

We aren't done yet but I think anything other than a win next week and we will be. We're rapidly running out of next weeks.

Congrats to Forfar for putting any lingering relegation worries to bed. Hasn't been a lot between the sides head to head this season. Difference is Forfar have been hard to beat, we're easy to beat. 24 points dropped from winning positions now.

31 minutes ago, David W said:

Today was terminal as they proved again to be a big bunch of wimps. That second half performance, from a winning position, was dreadful.

No doubt there's still a deeply worrying and quite severe mental fragility at times, and the mounting pressure won't help that, but our last diabolical second-half performance against Forfar was followed up with two straight wins. It's a big ask, but the same again would have us within striking distance of two teams. I get the fatalism, especially after tamely chucking away a lead yet again, but to matter of factly state that it's over is quite simply a nonsense. What it is, however, is another big blow, one which really makes a win a complete necessity in at least one of our next two games (if I had to pick one, next week's would be my preference). Failure to get within 4 points after the Spartans game and then it'll really be time to mentally check out.

Edited by the_bully_wee