Dundee United V Arbroath

C'mon folks, less than 48 hours 'till KO off this huge Tayside derby and no thread yet.....tut tut.

Complacency from both sets off both sets of supporters for totally different reasons, league won for United and inevitable relegation for the Lichties??

I haven't given up all hope but it ain't looking good for us. Some players back for us and still some key players out, at the very least i hope we give United a semblance of a game as we have been woeful against them this season. United seem to be stuttering towards the title without looking great. 

C'mon the Lichties

Haven’t laid a glove on United this season so glad to get games against them out of the way.

While every other team in the league has caused them problems and made them look no better than slightly above average, we have made them look like Brazil 1970.

Heart - draw, head - comfortable United win.

Yeah probably no thread because everyone knows what will happen here. Still, give me a couple of beers on saturday and i will be reminiscing  and hoping for a performance and result of the one a few year back.

14 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bunch of DAB's v bunch of closet DAB's. In this Angus love-fest.

Probably all join hands and sing about how much they hate Dundee.

Score draw.

Thank you.

This post will probably make your head explode.

2 very memorable games that I’ve been to at Dens Park:

14 May 1983 - stood behind the goals in the United end and cheered as they won the league. Although I’m an Arbroath fan, it was great to be there to see history being made.

2 May 1992 - sat in the Derry as Dundee lost 1-2 to Montrose in the final game of the season. Didn’t matter though as Dundee were already champions. Enjoyed being part of the post-match pitch invasion. Something I wouldn’t get to do with Arbroath until 6 years later.

Been to plenty other games at Dens and Tannadice, and many other grounds in Scotland, and further afield, as a neutral.

Some of us just like football.

I must admit though, I’m impressed that you didn’t mention Jim McIntyre.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

14 May 1983 - stood behind the goals in the United end and cheered as they won the league. Although I’m an Arbroath fan, it was great to be there to see history being made.

2 May 1992 - sat in the Derry as Dundee lost 1-2 to Montrose in the final game of the season. Didn’t matter though as Dundee were already champions. Enjoyed being part of the post-match pitch invasion. Something I wouldn’t get to do with Arbroath until 6 years later.

Been to plenty other games at Dens and Tannadice, and many other grounds in Scotland, and further afield, as a neutral.

That last sentence alone will have been enough for a head implosion. 😂 

38 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bunch of DAB's v bunch of closet DAB's. In this Angus love-fest.

Probably all join hands and sing about how much they hate Dundee.

Score draw.

Thank you.

Wasn't going to bother going, but if this is on the cards, count me in!

1 hour ago, keptie said:

Here we go again, another Arbroath thread infested with Dundee supporters. Sad sad people.

I enjoyed them flooding in at half time during the Raith game, and then quietly flooding out again at full time.  

13 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Yup, I've had very similar experiences, although I must confess I missed the Montrose match you mention.