Artificial pitch vote

Posted (edited)

I’ve forwarded the emails to my MP, MSP etc etc but I know I’m wasting my time. This will go through because the Old Firm want it to go through and that just the way it is in Scottish football.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The familiarity thing - how does this exist? Assuming it is a thing, imagine the following.

Team A plays on artificial grass. They are familiar with it. 

Team B plays on grass and are familiar with that. 

Playing each other, home and away, how does team A have any advantage? This is before we look to the elephant in the room; teams that play on grass and train on astroturf.

So you're saying teams that play on grass are the ones who actually have an advantage because unlike teams who train and play on artifical they regularly play on both surfaces?

Ban grass pitches due to the unfair advantage imo.

43 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Apologies but I was only providing factual information.

The photo constantly used by other fans demonstrates their ignorance about what actually happened.

That sign was temporarily outside the front of the stadium before Celtic were told to remove it. Which they did. Non story.

Did Celtic have a shop in your stadium? 

5 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Plenty studies shown on this very thread earlier today disprove you there. Try again.

But, but, a Dutch Professor of Economics has written a paper 🤣

I must admit, I'm struggling to see the connection between his field of expertise and a field of plastic or grass, unless he penned his thoughts in a wee coffee shop while endulging in some of the natural product 😵‍💫

10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve forwarded the emails to my MP, MSP etc etc but I know I’m wasting my time. This will go through because the Old Firm want it to go through and that just the way it is in Scottish football.

? It requires 9 votes. Your conspiracy requires to be extended to some kind of pay-off from Celtic/Rangers to the other 7 clubs (or more depending on how the vote goes). 

17 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

? It requires 9 votes. Your conspiracy requires to be extended to some kind of pay-off from Celtic/Rangers to the other 7 clubs (or more depending on how the vote goes). 

So you think the other clubs in the top flight are going to vote against the Old Firm, that’s interesting.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

So you think the other clubs in the top flight are going to vote against the Old Firm, that’s interesting.

It's all a conspiracy, all of it. All those clubs will vote to dump it cos of Celtic/Rangers.  Dearie me. 

11 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think they might have some more pressing issues to address in Scotland/the UK/world affairs right now, than propping up your club's investment. 

Posted (edited)

Cracking fun watching a select few Falkirk supporters dragging themselves out of the depths of the seaside forums for the first time in f**k knows how many years just to make a rip-roaring arse of themselves.

You love to see it.

I'll be honest, I didn't even know Falkirk played on plastic until they (and it seems they alone) took particular umbrage with a vote we've made as if it's against them in particular, when the reality is that they are an irrelevance who appear to have been run to a hilariously inept level for years.

Falkirk and their glory run to *checks notes* the League 1 championship hasn't even registered with us as we've never suffered the indignity of a single season in the third tier of Scottish football, much less *back to the notes*...five on the spin?! :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Did Celtic have a shop in your stadium? 

Celtic had the whole stadium. They hired it. They were beaming PPV coverage of their friendly to their fans around the globe. There were Celtic graphics on the dugouts, the tunnel, they would have been using our bigger home dressing room. They did something with the shop signage that hadn’t been sanctioned by the St Mirren BoD and it was whipped down quick smartish. Not before a photo was taken. The shop, sans singage, was still selling Celtic merch’…

They. Hired. The. Entire. Stadium. 

Not one single St Mirren fan I know was happy with the optics of a Celtic sign being brazenly affixed over ours, but this ‘Celtic shop at your own stadium’ story still being trotted out when the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, and Celtic Park playing a big part in those, is now in the distant past, is laughable. How many times can anyone say it. They hired the entire stadium, shop included. Lavvies. Car parks. Pie stalls…. 

We didn’t like the signage. We never did. It was a minter. Hiring out the stadium in a win-win situation for St Mirren, Celtic, and Scotland’s Commonwealth Games was never, and never will be, anything to be ashamed about.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

We didn’t like the signage. We never did. It was a minter. Hiring out the stadium in a win-win situation for St Mirren, Celtic, and Scotland’s Commonwealth Games was never, and never will be, anything to be ashamed about.

It also had zero impact on our team who were able to do it as we were at a training camp in Spain.

I'd much rather rent out the stadium for summer friendlies to them than give them two stands in competitive games.

31 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

It's all a conspiracy, all of it. All those clubs will vote to dump it cos of Celtic/Rangers.  Dearie me. 

Are you new to Scottish football, the Old Firm have ran it for as long as I’ve been following it which is over half a century, indeed dearie me if you think anything different.

10 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

If it was an innocent error why were there hslf and half St Mirren/Celtic scarves for sale the whole time it was open?

image.png.a35c04e3d969044faf8b1643ce0ff352.png

have a word with yourself albert 😂

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It also had zero impact on our team who were able to do it as we were at a training camp in Spain.

I'd much rather rent out the stadium for summer friendlies to them than give them two stands in competitive games.

I’d hire it out to anyone. Sevco included. Scottish U21s, don’t care. As long as we didn’t need it and it was earning us something. Christ, no kunt wants the Commonwealth Games these days… you just never know. 😜

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I might be wrong here but haven’t St Mirren in the past ever had Rangers/Celtic fans in the stands at both ends of the ground. As I say I could be wrong.