Artificial pitch vote

21 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Killie's pitch would have been changed in the next year or two regardless of the vote as it was reaching the end of it's llifespan, the exact same as we did in 2019 with the original one for the same reason.

To progress the club moving forward it was decided to build a training facility away from RP which will also better benefit the youth and womens setups, so the next logical step is to return RP to grass.

...because grass parks are better and players enjoy playing on it more

4 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

...because grass parks are better and players enjoy playing on it more

I'm sure most players prefer playing football at tynecastle compared to fir park. Should we just ban motherwell? 

Wonder who'll be the first club demoted for having a shitey patch of mud instead of a pitch.

Or will they just be ordered to play their games at Tannadice for a while?

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

There are literally people in positions of power who see that as the ideal scenario for Scottish football.

Yep, ideally they'd like for there to be a minimum home fans attendance criteria for entry into the top flight, probably around 5,000.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

There are literally people in positions of power who see that as the ideal scenario for Scottish football.

Yup. The SPL is alive and well really, 12 teams making decisions that affect everyone in the entire pyramid is ridiculous. 

Away support rules are clearly coming next. Celtic, Hearts, and Rangers, have been pretty clear they'd be happy to have no away fans at games, but also want larger away allocations when visiting stadiums that don't sell out, so some contrived rule to allow that likely appears in the next year or two.

Haven’t read everything posted, but my view on plastic pitches is that Livingston’s and Kilmarnock’s are shite, but any time I saw a game at Falkirk, I never went away talking about the surface, just the game. Falkirk’s ‘astro’ was interspersed with real grass I think. A ‘hybrid’ pitch? Anyway, Livingston’s and Killie’s look like shag pile plastic shite that has been brushed with Trigger’s broom. Livingston especially seemed to take great pleasure in making their shag pile plastic pish as dry and sticky as possible - but the kunts have been relegated, hopefully to do an ICT and give us peace for decades…

Here endeth my view on plastic pitches. I have zero scientific evidence for my view, but it is intrinsically the same as my view on grass pitches - some are clearly better than others. I also have a view on blaes pitches, freezing cold days, PE classes, and being hit square in the haw-maws by a frozen, heavy, rain-soaked Mitre Mouldmaster… but that’s a debate for another day.

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve seen two separate email replies from Neil Doncaster to MP’s/MSP’s concerns about this vote and neither mention anything about helping clubs out financially should they come up. All he goes on about is how great they are for getting this consultant in who is going to help you all to make sure your pitch is up to standard.

We laid a brand new £350k artificial pitch at the start of last season, it’s excellent and there is no way we will rip it up. This vote has effectively made it worthless us even trying to get up, especially if there isn’t going to be financial help.

I knew it would get through so it hasn’t really surprised me. I just wonder what the next hurdle will be to go up.

As i just posted, a minimum home attendance criteria of 5,000.

After that who knows, big screens for VAR decisions and replays being shown, disco lights for when a goal is scored, a retractable roof, a stadium with a helipad on its roof, in case it goes to a helicopter finale between the cheeks.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Haven’t read everything posted, but my view on plastic pitches is that Livingston’s and Kilmarnock’s are shite, but any time I saw a game at Falkirk, I never went away talking about the surface, just the game. Falkirk’s ‘astro’ was interspersed with real grass I think. A ‘hybrid’ pitch? Anyway, Livingston’s and Killie’s look like shag pile plastic shite that has been brushed with Trigger’s broom. Livingston especially seemed to take great pleasure in making their shag pile plastic pish as dry and sticky as possible - but the kunts have been relegated, hopefully to do an ICT and give us peace for decades…

Here endeth my view on plastic pitches. I have zero scientific evidence for my view, but it is intrinsically the same as my view on grass pitches - some are clearly better than others. I also have a view on blaes pitches, freezing cold days, PE classes, and being hit square in the haw-maws by a frozen, heavy, rain-soaked Mitre Mouldmaster… but that’s a debate for another day.

I totally agree with this, there are good artificial pitches and there are not so good ones as is the same with grass. Why the powers that be couldn’t have looked at this with a similar view point is beyond me.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

And yet despite this, Morton have one of the very best playing surfaces and groundsmen in the entire country. This is where the 'we can't afford lamps to keep the surface in good condition' argument crumbles. I guess Morton don't have these either but their playing surface is consistently great.

Yeah, I don’t agree at all with banning them but the way folk are going on as if it’s impossible for a top flight team to maintain a good grass pitch is nonsense as well.

Just now, eez-eh said:

Yeah, I don’t agree at all with banning them but the way folk are going on as if it’s impossible for a top flight team to maintain a good grass pitch is nonsense as well.

Yet Celtic couldn't even manage it, but aye, must be nonsense.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yet Celtic couldn't even manage it, but aye, must be nonsense.

Do you genuinely think it’s impossible for some top flight teams to maintain a decent grass pitch?

Just now, eez-eh said:

Do you genuinely think it’s impossible for some top flight teams to maintain a decent grass pitch?

Nope, some did, some didn't, and some were rank rotten. But if the biggest team with vastly superior finances couldn't, i'd say nobody is able to say with certainty they'd be able to maintain a good standard pitch all season, every season. And i'm 100% certain the quality varies between all 12 top flight clubs, too much so for them to set a certain standard of grass pitch criteria.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bob_mcshug said:

I think everyone is missing the point here. Yes the pitch is the subject on this occasion but the bigger issue is that our top flight teams just arbitrarily voted to completely ban something from the league with no explanation, reasoning and as far as I know, haven't even had the courtesy to state the voting outcome. 

And that's it, done. No appeal, nothing to see, move on. 

The people who run Scottish football are atrocious yet clowns like Doncaster remain on the payroll and have no accountability. It's a shambolic setup but nothing will ever be done to change it.

Two teams dictate the game here and the rest of the leagues are too busy doing the whole "bald men fighting over a comb" routine, ad nauseum, to collectively do something about it. 

and if they were having this arbitrary vote, then just a modicum of strategic co-ordinated thinking would have seen an immediate second vote on do we pilot summer football in order to better maintain the natural grass pitches. Along with the other arguments for that (as well as considering arguments against). But no, of course not. There are a number of things wrong with Scottish football including the need to resolve how VAR is implemented/interpreted becoming an emerging priority; synthetic/4G pitches would protentially scrape into the top 10. 

Edited by Pocketman

Weeks and weeks of folk still thinking "I don't like thing" is sensible grounds to have a ban on thing, is the most depressing thing I've read on here in some time. 

It's amazing how many Scottish football fans are so utterly fucking oblivious to what actually makes up Scottish Football, and the challenges faced year on year. Horrendous number of people outing themselves over this. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Weeks and weeks of folk still thinking "I don't like thing" is sensible grounds to have a ban on thing, is the most depressing thing I've read on here in some time. 

It's amazing how many Scottish football fans are so utterly fucking oblivious to what actually makes up Scottish Football, and the challenges faced year on year. Horrendous number of people outing themselves over this. 

Aye but, you're like, well biased!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If you tolerate this then your football club will be next.

You know, you're right. I have emailed ny club to ask how they voted. They may not tell me, but I'll tell them how I feel about the whole thing.