Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager - Pantomine Continues - Warnock's Gone

Who will be Aberdeen's latest manager?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How reliable is this guy? 

The owner of the account is a woman.

I don't think she particularly ITK but might get snippets.

There's no chance Thelin will want it, Rosler would be gone within 12 months, and Neil would only take the job as a second choice to his preferred option of remaining in England.

I find it hard to believe anyone actually knows what Cormack will do next, including the man himself.

54 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The owner of the account is a woman.

I don't think she particularly ITK but might get snippets.

There's no chance Thelin will want it, Rosler would be gone within 12 months, and Neil would only take the job as a second choice to his preferred option of remaining in England.

I find it hard to believe anyone actually knows what Cormack will do next, including the man himself.

Why would Rosler be gone in 12 months?

Incompetence ? 
Arguing with Cormack? Two egos clashing?
That just what he does?  

12 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Why would Rosler be gone in 12 months?

Incompetence ? 
Arguing with Cormack? Two egos clashing?
That just what he does?  

Looked Rosler up and he's been sacked at Wigan and Fleetwood, so no reason whatsoever to think he's the man we should be going for.

48 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Looked Rosler up and he's been sacked at Wigan and Fleetwood, so no reason whatsoever to think he's the man we should be going for.

Getting sacked in the EFL is no way to judge a coach. Everybody gets sacked and it's an environment of streaky teams.

Rosler has a decent record as a coach.

He's done relegation savlage, he's done well in the Europa League, and he's turned a struggling club into top-end of the table fare.

In many ways, he's exactly what you should be going for.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Getting sacked in the EFL is no way to judge a coach. Everybody gets sacked and it's an environment of streaky teams.

Very true, and as others have said this is what makes Alex Neil unlikely. The EFL managerial wheel of fortune will land on his name again soon enough, for a higher salary (and subsequent payoff) than we're likely to offer.

Fingers crossed Aberdeen appoint a complete mentalist.

A totally off the wall manager who gives the press and the old firm a run for their money.

What’s the former Darvel manager up to these days?

6 minutes ago, Ampersand said:

Very true, and as others have said this is what makes Alex Neil unlikely. The EFL managerial wheel of fortune will land on his name again soon enough, for a higher salary (and subsequent payoff) than we're likely to offer.

I'd be happy with Neil at Hearts. The issue for me is what clubs like ours would have to commit to to hire him.

Big salary, and he'd want a promise of a right good budget to even consider a job in Scotland. High risk, and likely to lose him sharpish if West Brom decide they want a new coach.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

I'd be happy with Neil at Hearts. The issue for me is what clubs like ours would have to commit to to hire him.

Big salary, and he'd want a promise of a right good budget to even consider a job in Scotland. High risk, and likely to lose him sharpish if West Brom decide they want a new coach.

I think Alex Neil still has a decent chance of getting a good gig in the championship down south.

Coming up to Scotland outside of the arse cheeks really is a tough gig with little chance of success due to the financial disparities. 

Basically on a hiding to nothing up here. 

Surely the money on offer down south for managers in the Championship must be much more than Aberdeen or Hearts can offer. 

Alex Neil spent a huge part of his playing career up here and knows what a toxic goldfish bowl it is. 

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I think Alex Neil still has a decent chance of getting a good gig in the championship down south.

Coming up to Scotland outside of the arse cheeks really is a tough gig with little chance of success due to the financial disparities. 

Basically on a hiding to nothing up here. 

Surely the money on offer down south for managers in the Championship must be much more than Aberdeen or Hearts can offer. 

Alex Neil spent a huge part of his playing career up here and knows what a toxic goldfish bowl it is. 

Well, that's my point.

Alex Neil clearly wants to be down south. I certainly wouldn’t complain if we appointed him but the club would have to be very mindful that any sort of success will see his mind wander fairly quickly. 

Gary Bowyer loves it up here in the north east , and he’s got previous for winning the championship, could be your man for next season , he’d definitely get you  boys back up again next season 

14 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Gary Bowyer loves it up here in the north east , and he’s got previous for winning the championship, could be your man for next season , he’d definitely get you  boys back up again next season 

It won't be a walk in the park, what with Utd being in there as well.  

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

likely to lose him sharpish if West Brom decide they want a new coach.

What's the average term of a manager these days anyway?   We've gone from one extreme to the other, but I would guess it is around two years max across the board.

Therefore if we lose a manager due to the team performing well and clubs with deeper pockets wanting them, then it is preferable to having to constantly sack them and pay them off.

The club structure should be able to cope with manager/head coach change, but at AFC it seems to be only our Heads of Recruitment that get the career-enhancing opportunities.

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

What's the average term of a manager these days anyway?   We've gone from one extreme to the other, but I would guess it is around two years max across the board.

Therefore if we lose a manager due to the team performing well and clubs with deeper pockets wanting them, then it is preferable to having to constantly sack them and pay them off.

The club structure should be able to cope with manager/head coach change, but at AFC it seems to be only our Heads of Recruitment that get the career-enhancing opportunities.

As soon as the ink is drying on the contract it’s only a matter of time before managers part ways. 

It is incredible to think that guys like Jim McLean were in charge for so long at Dundee United. 

Could you imagine Fergie being given the time now at Man Utd before he created his dynasty?

16 minutes ago, Molotov said:

As soon as the ink is drying on the contract it’s only a matter of time before managers part ways. 

It is incredible to think that guys like Jim McLean were in charge for so long at Dundee United. 

Could you imagine Fergie being given the time now at Man Utd before he created his dynasty?

Nope Fergie would’ve been out the door , Bobby Charlton saved Fergie his job , he was away to get punted till Bobby begged the board to give him more time