The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

52 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 5-2 
What an arse collapse that was and we can have no complaints. We definitely have a habit of doing that in big games under Robinson. It reminded me of the quarter final at Easter Road earlier in the season. 
A comfortable first half, deservedly go in ahead at half time, then completely shit the bed and get thumped second half.  Difference is we only shipped three goals in one half that night, five today. Whenever we seem close to actually achieving something, this happens. 
Ryan Flynn has been a great servant but he’s done at this level. He was at fault for at least two of those goals. I understand we have issues at right back when Strain is injured, but I hope he never plays for us again. Hemming was shit, again, Killie fans singing his name towards the end was some laugh. I really hope he isn’t our goalkeeper next season. 
We are on still on the verge of the top five and European football, but we simply won’t get it playing like that. Big game at Fir Park in a fortnight. 

So which goals are you blaming Hemming for?

Delighted to see almost 3,000 Paisley panda descend on Kilmarnock, go 2 up and look out their passports only to 45 minutes later be obliterated and have to travel back to fucking Paisley.

Terrific scenes.

12 minutes ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

I'd like to think that my depressed post on here at half-time, coupled with my 45 minutes of screaming abuse at my computer screen at various players for being useless fucking c***s, inspired that turnaround in the second half. A possible alternative explanation is that I'm an excitable fanny that should give our players and manager a little more leeway, considering how well the season had gone thus far until last week.

I was there when we went 6-0 up against Meadowbank after about 35 minutes sometime in the 90s, but Meadowbank were known to be utter pish then and we had players like Tommy Burns. Can't think of another game where we've scored so many goals in such a short space of time. That arse collapsing by St. Mirren was spectacularly inexplicable.

I just showed your earlier post to my other half and said that was exactly how I felt at half time.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Delighted to see almost 3,000 Paisley panda descend on Kilmarnock, go 2 up and look out their passports only to 45 minutes later be obliterated and have to travel back to fucking Paisley.

Terrific scenes.

That’s the spirit. This is the level of GIRFUY that all opposition fans should be aspiring to this week. You kunt. 😜

7 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Terrific scenes.

Lot of football to be played yet mate. Both Saints and Killie to get back key players should make for a interesting run in. Hibs and Dundee hoping for top six also. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

FT 5-2 
What an arse collapse that was and we can have no complaints. We definitely have a habit of doing that in big games under Robinson. It reminded me of the quarter final at Easter Road earlier in the season. 
A comfortable first half, deservedly go in ahead at half time, then completely shit the bed and get thumped second half.  Difference is we only shipped three goals in one half that night, five today. Whenever we seem close to actually achieving something, this happens. 
Ryan Flynn has been a great servant but he’s done at this level. He was at fault for at least two of those goals. I understand we have issues at right back when Strain is injured, but I hope he never plays for us again. Hemming was shit, again, Killie fans singing his name towards the end was some laugh. I really hope he isn’t our goalkeeper next season. 
We are on still on the verge of the top five and European football, but we simply won’t get it playing like that. Big game at Fir Park in a fortnight. 

I watched an awful 2nd half but it was clearly a different game you were watching if you are blaming Flynn and Hemming for that. Gogic, Dunne and Tanser were disgraceful in that 2nd half, an inability to defend punts up the park but hey ho you keep your scapegoats going. 

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

Was saying at 1-0 that we could really do with a second before half time because one wouldn't be enough to get us through the second half. 😀

If we'd added a 3rd and 4th we'd have been fine.

Wait...shit.

Still struggling to get my head around how inexplicable thst was today. 

We were miles on top in the first half and we've been superb at defending leads all season... the old cry of 'right, nothing stupid' went out the window and then some as the players appeared to have swapped the boots onto their other feet for the second half.

Fair play to Kilmarnock. They smelled blood in the water at the point where Gogic made an arse of a passback (again) early in the second half and got away with it and at that point knew they didn't have to do anything fancy to get at us, just play right through the middle.

We absolutely folded on a spectacular scale, every time Killie came forward they looked like scoring and for one torturous spell, were doing exactly that.

We need to lift it and quickly. We played a get out of jail card against Aberdeen and today was a huge step backwards.

Also, Dunne and Flynn should be thanked for their services and this should be the end of their tenures in St. Mirren shirts. I'd not be up nor down if that was the case for Marcus Fraser either 

Edited by djchapsticks

As abject a first half performance as we've seen in a while. Really annoyed at the manner of goals we lost. Felt the team lacked confidence and I don't know if it came from the two early balls Dennis doesn't come for. Where we're normally solid we just seemed shaky, and the two goals were pathetic - corners where the other team just showed more desire and alertness to pounce on balls in the box.

Felt half-time was a bit doom and gloom from everyone, summed up the team being booed off. Don't get me wrong, I had a couple of negative shouts myself and it definitely wasn't good. But my pal was texting me saying we'd been shite for a while now, and that sort of revisionism was rife around me (the squad isn't as good as we thought it was at the end of Jan) - we don't have to go back far at all for great performances vs Rangers, Aberdeen and Celtic, and a good result against Livi. I felt we just needed to stay calm and back the team in the middle of a wobble. Two poor games followed by a poor half of football - but I did feel McInnes could right us at HT.

Couldn't believe Vassell came back out. I'd spent all first half moaning about how overdue he was a spell out the team. Spent so much time today rolling about, captured beautifully when he fell over at a ball he should have won, spent too long on the ground, then gave away a foul getting back up.

I wonder if Derek took him aside and told him we needed a BIG captain's performance from him. Go lead by example and drag us back in to. Christ, it was like someone had stuck rocket fuel up his arse. He was tremendous second half, a proper captain.

We were growing back in to it but nothing seemed to be coming off - Armstrong and Watkins both good chances to score. Felt it might not be our day, but said to my dad around 55-60 mins, we need to score now so we've time to get back in to it.

Well, after getting our first, we just went for it hell for leather, and St Mirren just collapsed. Vass shows good determination for the first. Watkins wins the pen brilliantly and it was an interesting contest between someone who never seems to miss pens, vs a keeper and ex teammate who we've seen save so many. The third one is the one that kills it for the Saints for me, a cracking big header and I wonder when we see it back if Hemming feels he sold the jerseys at that point - maybe I'm being harsh but I was surprised and delighted it ended up in the net. Superb goal from big Vass for the fourth. Then David Watson, the boy who only scores tremendous goals, pops up with goal of the season.

This moment, when that thug Gogic gets absolutely done, *chef's kiss*

_132946576_21015832.jpg.f15d8d583bb74537c30ce94858a7e04d.jpg

I'm gonna watch the Sportscene highlights more than once, that's for sure. Beautiful stuff the day, made all the better with the Forever & Ever podcast live show - a really cracking afternoon and good to meet @stevieKTID the handsome b*****d.

Edited by deadasdillinger

1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

When you lose 5 goals in 20mins, you have got to say well done to the other team, but also questions about our manager for being to late to see the shit that was hiting us in the 2nd half. 

He's been crossed off our list.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'll be waiting. He was emptied weeks ago for being a racist c**t.

I didn't know he'd gone all racist.

Hopefully he was a gloomy, miserable racist. 

RIP.

10 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

As abject a first half performance as we've seen in a while. Really annoyed at the manner of goals we lost. Felt the team lacked confidence and I don't know if it came from the two early balls Dennis doesn't come for. Where we're normally solid we just seemed shaky, and the two goals were pathetic - corners where the other team just showed more desire and alertness to pounce on balls in the box.

Felt half-time was a bit doom and gloom from everyone, summed up the team being booed off. Don't get me wrong, I had a couple of negative shouts myself and it definitely wasn't good. But my pal was texting me saying we'd been shite for a while now, and that sort of revisionism was rife around me (the squad isn't as good as we thought it was at the end of Jan) - we don't have to go back far at all for great performances vs Rangers, Aberdeen and Celtic, and a good result against Livi. I felt we just needed to stay calm and back the team in the middle of a wobble. Two poor games followed by a poor half of football - but I did feel McInnes could right us at HT.

Couldn't believe Vassell came back out. I'd spent all first half moaning about how overdue he was a spell out the team. Spent so much time today rolling about, captured beautifully when he fell over at a ball he should have won, spent too long on the ground, then gave away a foul getting back up.

I wonder if Derek took him aside and told him we needed a BIG captain's performance from him. Go lead by example and drag us back in to. Christ, it was like someone had stuck rocket fuel up his arse. He was tremendous second half, a proper captain.

We were growing back in to it but nothing seemed to be coming off - Armstrong and Watkins both good chances to score. Felt it might not be our day, but said to my dad around 55-60 mins, we need to score now so we've time to get back in to it.

Well, after getting our first, we just went for it hell for leather, and St Mirren just collapsed. Vass shows good determination for the first. Watkins wins the pen brilliantly and it was an interesting contest between someone who never seems to miss pens, vs a keeper and ex teammate who we've seen save so many. The third one is the one that kills it for the Saints for me, a cracking big header and I wonder when we see it back if Hemming feels he sold the jerseys at that point - maybe I'm being harsh but I was surprised and delighted it ended up in the net. Superb goal from big Vass for the fourth. Then David Watson, the boy who only scores tremendous goals, pops up with goal of the season.

This moment, when that thug Gogic gets absolutely done, *chef's kiss*

_132946576_21015832.jpg.f15d8d583bb74537c30ce94858a7e04d.jpg

I'm gonna watch the Sportscene highlights more than once, that's for sure. Beautiful stuff the day, made all the better with the Forever & Ever podcast live show - a really cracking afternoon and good to meet @stevieKTID the handsome b*****d.

Right back at ya big man😘

To use the cliche "a game of two halfs". Thought we were the better team in the first half and looked in control. Credit to Killie blew us away in the second and our inability to deal with them coming at us cost us. Just need to take it on the chin and say enjoy your night Killie fans.