The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

Maybe Robbo’s team selection raised a few eyebrows pre-match, but fcuk me if we weren’t 2-zip up at half time, Mandron misses an absolute sitter for 3-zip, and we’re well into the second half still at 2-0. Maybe Robbo’ could have done something in the second half, but from where I’m sitting, 99% of the blame (from a St Mirren perspective) sits squarely on the shoulders of the players on the park. They collectively turned to a soft-as-shite pushover. Which frankly, is something you cannot accuse them of being this season. The capitulation was actually pretty disgraceful. Hopefully do a helluva’ lot better at Fir Park. Not clarting the bed in spectacular fashion would be nice.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Your team has fought back from being 2 goals to win 5 - 2 and you're spitting the dummy out.

Strange behaviour.

f**k up, there's a good lad. 

10 minutes ago, mcginns said:

That is an absolute embarrassment to be fair.

Exactly. Don’t want to take the shine off the boy’s moment, but he had to display neither skill nor pace to score that goal. He just ran past Dunne and Gogic like they were stuck to the floor. 
Fair play to the boy for doing the business, but defensively the only word to describe that is embarrassment. 

If what Watson done was easy you'd see it happening all the time. Its a testament to his quality that it looked that simple.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If what Watson done was easy you'd see it happening all the time. It’s a testament to his quality that it looked that simple.

Utter nonsense. I believe the boy is a player, but what he did there was nothing special. 
And the reason you don’t see it all the time is because defenders aren’t usually that shite. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Utter nonsense. I believe the boy is a player, but what he did there was nothing special. 
And the reason you don’t see it all the time is because defenders aren’t usually that shite. 

You're allowed to concede a goal and not have to blame your defenders. 90% of players they come up against wouldn't even consider trying to beat them like that, never mind manage it and then finish the chance.

Watched Sportscene on the i-player just to make sure that 2nd half actually happened.

What a game of football the boys from Kaiserslautern picked to come over for...

FB_IMG_1710684195957.thumb.jpg.5646c82910200035c4587fbf39b9bb5c.jpg

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If what Watson done was easy you'd see it happening all the time. Its a testament to his quality that it looked that simple.

The boy just doesn't score easy goals 🤣

16 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Watched Sportscene on the i-player just to make sure that 2nd half actually happened.

^^^ The best performance from guys wearing red jerseys seen in Kilmarnock yesterday.

28 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I saw them in First Edition, did wonder why they were there.

42 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

One of them stood next to us for the second half, we were in the East stand just in front of the singing section ( he was wearing an old yellow Killie away top ) the big fella had an amazing time he lifted me clean off my feet after Watson's goal.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe Robbo’s team selection raised a few eyebrows pre-match, but fcuk me if we weren’t 2-zip up at half time, Mandron misses an absolute sitter for 3-zip, and we’re well into the second half still at 2-0.

The Mandron chance has been mentioned a couple of times. If we're talking about the one in the second half, he was miles offside and it was flagged.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guess you had to be there.

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Well myself and the other guy shared a laugh about so that will do me. 

That's all well and good but did you then bore the f**k out of him with graphs and a PowerPoint presentation?

35 minutes ago, Torfason said:

That's all well and good but did you then bore the f**k out of him with graphs and a PowerPoint presentation?

PowerPoint is shite.

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yeah, easy peasy goal to score. I mean, Gogic is known for being easy to push around like that. 

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What utter nonsense. 

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But he didn’t get pushed around. He just ran past him (hardly at breakneck speed).

Sauntered past them, like on the way home from work on a Friday without a care in the world.

Edited by mathematics

We got our arse handed to us on a plate second half. 
The defending from the whole team was a disaster second half.

Let’s however get something right. Killie never turned into peak Barcelona. We just collectively collapsed. 
Killie certainly deserved to pump us. Happy to take it on the chin and move on. But lessons need to be learned by the manager. 
Robbo continues to play Flynn in crucial games when he really needs to put his trust in younger players. I think he started Flynn in a home game pumping by Celtic. I like Ryan Flynn for what he has done for our club but I believe his time as a first team player at our current level is over. 
He also is very “protective” of his captain and vice captain even when they are not playing well. 
This will either make or break our season depending on how our squad reacts. 
Our support needs to do what it’s always done and get behind the team and urge them to victory like we’ve seen before.
I remember we were turned over by Kilmarnock midweek at Rugby Park under Gus and the next game we went away and pumped Falkirk when no one expected us to get a result. 

Something to cheer the Buddies up tonight. 

COYS.