The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

19 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Currently <50 tickets for the away end available. Which means that 6 of the blocks are now sold and Killie will likely be opening block 9 today.

We must be over 2,400 sold by now and well on the way to 3k.

Fantastic showing. Well done Saints. 👏

On 11/03/2024 at 09:02, Arch Stanton said:

Nah...

Screenshot_20240311_090148_Chrome.jpg

That was a great St Mirren team but we had the infamous Jim Brown in goals. Signed from Beith juniors as emergency cover for the injured Alan McCulloch, he proceeded to lose 14 goals in his first two home league games 😖

https://www.killiefc.com/former-players-a-b/jim-brown-80-81

(The unfortunate appearance of the Scotsport cameras at the Rangers game meant he was later to feature in the Spitting Image "Scottish save of the season" competition).

Edited by Lurkst

4 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

That was a great St Mirren team but we had the infamous Jim Brown in goals. Signed from Beith juniors as emergency cover for the injured Alan McCulloch, he proceeded to lose 14 goals in his first two home league games 😖

What’s he doing this Saturday? 😜

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

No chance I'd be dropping Findlay at this point, he had a poor game along with everyone at the weekend but he has been in good form since the turn of the year. I don't understand the clamour for Mackay-Steven, he's been brought in as an impact sub for 20 minutes here and there. He doesn't have the legs to play as a starting winger in this team. I severely doubt that a guy who was on the scrapheap after being binned by Hearts and barely playing a game in years is expensive in any way.

If we want to go back to having two out-and-out wingers and Kennedy's not fit then it has to be Murray, even if he is obviously a bit of a downgrade in quality.

It's a moot point I think, since Mayo is suspended. I think for Saturday gone, Murray would have been the better option.

Just seen in our last 5 games v Kilmarnock we have 1 goal. And it was a Kyle Maggenis own goal!

Due to my son game I wasnt sure I was going to be able to get to this one but all things going well then two of us will be able to get there. What will parking be like round the stadium about 20/15 to 3? Usually get the train down but that won't work out 

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

(The unfortunate appearance of the Scotsport cameras at the Rangers game meant he was later to feature in the Spitting Image "Scottish save of the season" competition).

we signed mcculloch on loan from killie in 78.he played 10 games for us and was a great keeper   

4 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

It's a moot point I think, since Mayo is suspended. I think for Saturday gone, Murray would have been the better option.

I'm sure McInnes would agree in hindsight, but bringing in the clearly better player in Watson didn't seem like a bad decision at the time and I don't think many people would have disagreed with it at the time.

19 minutes ago, Fide said:

Kennedy, Van Veen and Stewart all likely missing this game, which is a blow. 

Whats up with van veen? Looks like we dodged an expensive bullet there.

28 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

What!! Surely you’re on a wind up, that can’t exist!!

Nope it's true...they charter jumbo jets on a regular basis and pick up the Shanghai saints, Bombay buds, and the Abu Dhabi Frank Mcgarvey SC on the way....

Tony Fitzpatrick told me this..😂

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

If it keeps raining like this for a day or two I expect the park to be pretty muddy on Saturday.

Should suit the Paisley hammerthrowers.

Fcuk. A mudbath won’t suit our midfielders. Damn. Advantage Killie. 😜

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Any news on Kyle Magennis recovery from injury? 

Still think the own goal he scored for Killie which helped us was a complete brain fart. 

Hopefully Kyle is on the mend. 

Won’t be back until next season. I personally worry that he won’t be back for us at all. He looked so fit and ready to go as well.

This might sound daft as I’m sure his hamstring was going to ping anyway at some stage however I think the OG attributed to the injury. He scored the OG and then his next real touch on the ball was a bad one, he overstretched to recover and the rest is history.  Great player though.