The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

59 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Can any of the in the know guys tell us how much Van Veen is on weekly. 

When the Motherwell fans found out both ourselves and Killie had "blown their offer out of the water" I think they were claiming he must be on £10K a week.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

11 hours ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Can any of the in the know guys tell us how much Van Veen is on weekly. 

My guess is a schmoke and a pancake.

As for the game.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ..could go either way. Like us, their best performances come at home, and like them our worst performances are away. They've got a bit of an advantage in recent head to heads, and in McInnes you have a manager who has constantly done well against us (St Johnstone, Aberdeen and now Killie) even though our sides have changed drastically over that period of time.

That said, if we aren't to make it, then I certainly don't begrudge Killie from doing so. Sure, their club crest has the red hand of Ulster on it, and they do like so copy Rangers songs, but in general I don't mind Killie at all.

One minor nit-pick and it's nothing to do with the teams but the BBC write up, their claim of:

"With the three teams above these two in the table all in the Scottish Cup semi-finals, the chances are very good that fifth will offer up Europe, an arena where St Mirren last played in 1987 and Killie have been just twice this century."

Anyone else see the error there?

Ignore the above, I'm talking shit.

Edited by Ric

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

My guess is a schmoke and a pancake.

As for the game.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ..could go either way. Like us, their best performances come at home, and like them our worst performances are away. They've got a bit of an advantage in recent head to heads, and in McInnes you have a manager who has constantly done well against us (St Johnstone, Aberdeen and now Killie) even though our sides have changed drastically over that period of time.

That said, if we aren't to make it, then I certainly don't begrudge Killie from doing so. Sure, their club crest has the red hand of Ulster on it, and they do like so copy Rangers songs, but in general I don't mind Killie at all.

One minor nit-pick and it's nothing to do with the teams but the BBC write up, their claim of:

"With the three teams above these two in the table all in the Scottish Cup semi-finals, the chances are very good that fifth will offer up Europe, an arena where St Mirren last played in 1987 and Killie have been just twice this century."

Anyone else see the error there?

I assume you must be talking about the last sentence as everything until then is correct. 
Are you having a bit of fun and suggesting Wales isn’t in Europe because it is. 🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I assume you must be talking about the last sentence as everything until then is correct.

No, I'm talking shit, because I was sure the Viking game they played in was "last century" - in my mind it was mid 90s. It was literally at the start of this century.

I tell you, age really fucks with your memory

4 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Aye, you saying we have the red hand of ulster on our badge 

Come on now, you know how this goes.... ;)

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Any suggestions for parking in Kilmarnock today free or payed?

There are loads of options within about 10 minutes walk of the away end.

Like your ground though a lot of the parking in the streets around the stadium has been clamped down on so definitely don’t ignore any double yellows etc in the streets surrounding the stadium.

Edited by Sortmeout

22 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Can you be there AND be square? I'm asking for Brad Lyons.

Not the same Brad Lyons you guys had on loan or even the one we originally signed. Specky has been fantastic for us since McInnes brought him back in tail end of last season. He's a big lose for us inn midfield with his current injury.

27 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Bolton out with a broken hand. Tanser (pulled up in training) and Bwomono (virus) both doubtful.

That rather fucks up our relatively solid defence.

Having both Tanser and Elvis out is a disaster tbh. Could end up with a back three of Gogic, Taylor and Dunne, Brown and Fraser at wing back. That's not what anyone wants....

Just now, GAD said:

Having both Tanser and Elvis out is a disaster tbh. Could end up with a back three of Gogic, Taylor and Dunne, Brown and Fraser at wing back. That's not what anyone wants....

I think he would put Flynn at wing back before Fraser. To try and keep the back 3 as settled as possible. 

Brown left, Flynn right and Taylor, Gogic and Fraser as the 3

You have to imagine one of Tanser or Elvis will make it and it will just be Brown in for one of them 

Looks like both teams will have guys missing, so no huge advantage or disadvantage in that regard to either team. Any local Killie fans able to tell us how muddy the pitch is looking today? 😛

31 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Looks like both teams will have guys missing, so no huge advantage or disadvantage in that regard to either team. Any local Killie fans able to tell us how muddy the pitch is looking today? 😛

It's a quagmire. A total swamp.