Dunfermline Athletic -vs- Dundee United (Do we really have to edition)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

KRH and Matty Todd bringing levels of excitement to Friday nights not seen since the early days of Channel 5 and their back catalogue of Shannon Tweed movies.

More of a Russ Meyer film kind of guy. 

32 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Big fan of the Dunfermline players going round the crowd.

Thats how you build a connection with your fans, especially with the younger ones.

Good effort.

One nice touch they always do (as far as I know, even after a heavy defeat) is that the captain gives his armband to a young kid in the crowd. You just saw a shot of Benedictus doing it tonight at the end. 

Anyway, very good performance in the main - Fagan-Walcott was very good in the first half and the bizarre change of shape from United worked in our favour as we were happy to go man for man at the back and let our wing backs push on. Nicely worked goal by Jakubiak then Ritchie-Hosler to play in Todd but no idea what the United centre half was doing, letting Todd just drift off while he went to block a square ball that was never coming. Nice calm finish after a couple of games where he's looked to be trying too hard. Second goal was similar in that it went from our left to right across the edge of the area and it was a tidy finish. Felt we let them into things a bit much after that and Hamilton was fortunate to still be oh the park at half time. 

The change of shape probably helped United slightly after the break but what a catalogue of errors for the third goal. Losing the ball in a simple one on one challenge with nobody supporting behind, then three centre halves all going to the ball leaving Ritchie-Hosler all on his own to finish. Crazy stuff. He's quite confident with things like that having came through the ranks at Man City then Rangers and he was never missing. After that we could see it out and we didn't look to be in much trouble at all until the changes and the quick goal. I admit I was a bit worried they'd get a quick second and possibly then grab an equaliser but they didn't really create that much and we still had legs on the break. 

Crazy, stupid, bonkers division. We have a winning record against the league leaders now (on goal difference at least!) and could still finish 4th but equally we're still in danger of going down. Keep up that intensity and get Chris Kane back and we should be OK but who knows in this league?

Key players coming back for us is a game changer. KRH and Todd make us far more of a goal threat. Jak was unbelievable. Still Chris Kane to come back too.

Much more like it.

You could see the difference last 15 when we had Chalmers and Allan as our midfield compared to Hamilton and Otoo starting the game. Night and day. Also the move to back three was clearly a change for the worst.

One final word about Fagan-Walcott. Take a bow son, won everything in there. He and Jak are a toss up for MOM. Both had fantastic games.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I get why they gave wee Kane MOM, but I think Jakub was our best player on the night. 
I’m away to swally some single malt noo. 
COYP

From a Rover's fan, in with the bricks, for over 65 years I agree totally with your observations. Ca' canny wi' the drink. On second thoughts dinnae bother. It's a well deserved celebration.

Don't even know where to start.

As flat and terrible performance from a team desperately trying to put daylight between them and second place as you'll ever see.

Just looked empty and no drive whatsoever. Pars had our number tonight and looked the far far better team.

Watt sweating his puss off after 20mins didn't look great. Every first touch bounced away from Grieve. Moult ineffective. Midfield non existent. Defence making uncharacteristic blunders.

Complete and utter shitemare of a game for United.

Total bollocks 

Cheers boys for that result.  Not often I’ve been cheering on the Pars. In all fairness it was a well deserved win for Dunfermline, I thought you played well and deserved the win. Play like that in a few remaining games and you’ll be safe from 9th. 

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Cheers boys for that result.  Not often I’ve been cheering on the Pars. In all fairness it was a well deserved win for Dunfermline, I thought you played well and deserved the win. Play like that in a few remaining games and you’ll be safe from 9th. 

Sook

Seen some truly awful defending this year with our perma-crocked back line but United tonight looked ever worse than we did. No idea how much Gallagher is on but it's far far too much.

Same with Watt and Moult, hilariously bad the pair of them.

As poor as United were Jak, Kane, Todd, Edwards and Walcott were so so good.

Makes a big difference to have a squad to pick from but McPake changing it to a back 5 was a massive mistake and totally gave up our midfield dominance. Allan looked good but him and Chalmers in the middle are a complete liability.

Said last week that United should have punted Goodwin ages ago. Presumably he goes tomorrow to get someone who knows what they are doing to get them over the line.