Request a radar?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Charts use total successful actions, so some players just aren't liked. I tried to compare them v players at the same club too as part of it but you still find players in struggling teams can look worse. Its effectively comparing him to all previous versions of himself too since hes played for you in the period I look at.

Some CMs, who sort of do everything well and maybe not one thing a lot, can look poor in these too. Ali McCann was never outstanding looking and Connor Barron is similar.

Both those explanations make a lot of sense for Pittman. Midfield all-rounders, which is him, not coming out well. Also that his performances this season were well down on his previous standards until the recent tactical change.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I have no idea how to read these things so, to simplify, is green-good and red-bad? 

Basically the easiest way to view it, but orange shouldn't really be seen as bad, just not great for whats been at the club/league before, if that makes sense?

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Be interesting to see if Biereth was as out of place in our team as it felt at times.

beer.thumb.png.4a285b2613af55cfa1b4788c056ae0b8.png

7 hours ago, 2426255 said:

You can ram this modern shite straight back up yer arse. Football is about blood, sweat and grit - wanting it more and winning your individual battles, no yer wee geeks, dweebs and Aerial disruptors.

442, little and large, 1995 - that's all that's required. No need to reinvent the wheel.

CmOEiMoWAAAHY4t.jpg.6b49267d1b64ee2a3f6b05aaf08f457c.jpg

This is one I've been meaning to ask you for, for a while. Nouble from this season vs Nouble of the previous seasons. Looks to most Livi fans like he's had a massive fall off in terms of quality. 

Would be interested in Tete Yengi v Lyndon Dykes as well. Understandable there's a low number of minutes for Tete but he's having a similar impact.

7 hours ago, 2426255 said:

You can ram this modern shite straight back up yer arse. Football is about blood, sweat and grit - wanting it more and winning your individual battles, no yer wee geeks, dweebs and Aerial disruptors.

442, little and large, 1995 - that's all that's required. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Neil Warnock found ^^^

How long does each of these charts take to put together? Have you been working on this since yesterday afternoon?

+10 for the commitment.

Also find it funny the charts definitely favour the back row but Kerr is still the worst Dundee player.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Airdrie

Reveal hidden contents

airdrie.thumb.png.e50ee01d2bf2b397466a68fc7ea2bdda.png

Arbroath

Reveal hidden contents

abroth.thumb.png.b5a7700569c7bebabf6b58e8760dc915.png

Ayr

Hide contents

ayr.thumb.png.53e248439ea45558ec31ee183ca0d81b.png

Dundee United

Reveal hidden contents

duneeune.thumb.png.ad24c29ac1f3c603ace7edab9f8a10f7.png

Dunfermline

Reveal hidden contents

dunfermline.thumb.png.0df3c33e49086525021f3a70d2c92b7b.png

Morton

Reveal hidden contents

morton.thumb.png.b52d095df82b648a3dc6d9fa44fbdb9f.png

ICT

Reveal hidden contents

ict.thumb.png.74d5e3cf27b3388d00e2534e97dbc563.png

Partick Thistle

Reveal hidden contents

partick.thumb.png.38c916a8b8641683b41885f4f758dc68.png

Queens Park

Reveal hidden contents

qp.thumb.png.b60eded49f4c338d0e859f00e2620cf2.png

Raith Rovers

Reveal hidden contents

raith.thumb.png.24648f9cdb3624ca9225c9ba945a8a1a.png

War crimes commited in the Ayr charts 

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

This is one I've been meaning to ask you for, for a while. Nouble from this season vs Nouble of the previous seasons. Looks to most Livi fans like he's had a massive fall off in terms of quality. 

Would be interested in Tete Yengi v Lyndon Dykes as well. Understandable there's a low number of minutes for Tete but he's having a similar impact.

His best for you in it, against this season.

nouble.thumb.png.a7a035b1d4ebc8af131ebd758be7c8e7.png

Yengi v Dykes, Dykes remains the GOAT

dykes.thumb.png.92ae75d9d58166477318b9a46a9e8078.png

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

How long does each of these charts take to put together? Have you been working on this since yesterday afternoon?

+10 for the commitment.

Also find it funny the charts definitely favour the back row but Kerr is still the worst Dundee player.

Takes about 3-4 minutes to load the code by pressing a button, then I just type a name in, select a season/club from a dropdown, and press a button.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

War crimes commited in the Ayr charts 

Aye didn't feel right seeing Reading.

From memory Murphy was second.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye didn't feel right seeing Reading.

From memory Murphy was second.

It's probably because it doesn't boil stuff down like crosses allowed for example.  Murphy has had to do a lot of defensive work to cover Reading ironically.  

No requesting anything for it but I'm interested in what you do for goalkeepers.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's probably because it doesn't boil stuff down like crosses allowed for example.  Murphy has had to do a lot of defensive work to cover Reading ironically.  

No requesting anything for it but I'm interested in what you do for goalkeepers.  

Nothing 😂 ive tried ones for goalkeepers before but its a waste of time really. Youre aswell just looking at save % and xG prevented charts.

Im limited by WyScout data which isnt ideal for defensive stuff. I hate how they decide what a "won aerial duel" is too.

I’d assume these charts are useful when it comes to deciding if a player will be suitable for a certain specific role in their position, rather than just assessing if they are ‘good or bad’. 

For example:

I need a centre back who is physically dominant in the air, and wins loads of headers. Will Joe Wright fit this mould? According to the data - yes. 

Does that mean that Joe Wright is a great centre back? No.

Not a diss on him, as I like him  

Edited by Nadroj

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reveal hidden contents

duneeune.thumb.png.ad24c29ac1f3c603ace7edab9f8a10f7.png

Dunfermline

edwards showing up well isn’t a surprise, he’s had a good season surrounded by shit, Otoo probably the only other contender for player of the season I’d be interested in how they compare, perhaps slightly unfairly on Otoo who’s been punted about in different positions but they largely do similar jobs in being defenders who also get heavily involved with attacks.

I, and I think most pars fans will be very surprised about Comrie showing so poorly, he’s not had his best of seasons but not been terrible, is it your factors? I see you’ve used the same criteria as edwards and whilst they have both played wingback edwards is very much an attacking one and Comrie is more about defensive contributions which is why he’s often deployed at RCB.  But even if you’re judging him on RCB it’s as a 3 and it would be completely unfair to compare him to CBs playing in a 4 which he’d never play.

Am I right your/wyscout model still prefers players based on a traditional positions struggling with differing between how distinct some roles in a team can be?

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I, and I think most pars fans will be very surprised about Comrie showing so poorly, he’s not had his best of seasons but not been terrible, is it your factors? I see you’ve used the same criteria as edwards and whilst they have both played wingback edwards is very much an attacking one and Comrie is more about defensive contributions which is why he’s often deployed at RCB.  But even if you’re judging him on RCB it’s as a 3 and it would be completely unfair to compare him to CBs playing in a 4 which he’d never play.

Am I right your/wyscout model still prefers players based on a traditional positions struggling with differing between how distinct some roles in a team can be?

I try now to group players by all positions they play. So Comrie plays RCB, RB, and RWB. RCB becomes CB, and RB/RWB become FB, and his "new position" becomes "CB, FB". Hes then compared solely against players who also share that "new position" of "CB, FB".

Its not ideal and still has weaknesses but think its better/fairer than just comparing him against everyone whos played full back? Tends to be a decent overlap between players who play both CB and FB playing wide in a back 3 sometimes.

Issue for Comrie will be hes possibly getting compared to players in your League One winning side last season aswell? Adding a league filter to when players are compared against those at the same club is probably next for me to put in.

15 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Probably been answered already, but is there no copyright issues with sharing these?

Why would there be?

WyScout get bitchy if you publicly charge for sharing their raw data, but all the "metrics/sections" used here are ones ive made without giving away the raw data, codes all mine for the charts, and i dont charge for doing anything.