🔴🟡Thistle vs Morton🔵⚪️ 16th March 2024

Getting a bit boring now giving our regular thumping to Mutton!! We are shit, defence and goalies are hopeless but its still another welcome 3 points against Greenock! Happy days! 

Woof.

45 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Fair play to Morton for scoring that late on to avoid the automatic liquidation forfeit for failing to score against us 

They nearly managed it right after halftime, would probably have fucked us... Decent save from Mitchell and Aero got back well.

Robinson, McInroy, Graham, McBeth all good - great. Our subs were odd, chucking on Alston and Stanway then sitting super deep.

MacKenzie trying and failing to run to the corner on a 3v1 rather than slippin McMillan through...

Morton were insipid/garbage/piss poor. Imrie (w**k) getting rinsed by Doolan (good guy) is pleasing.

Morton really poor 1st half. They weren't even doing the ugly stuff well 1st half...turning the ball over in dangerous areas repeatedly. Only for us to fail to capitalise. 

Clean sheet was on until McKenzie's brain fart late on.

Morton's one tactic seemed to be the long throw/set piece: hope you stay 4th though. Our best match up in the league bar Arbroath. 

The match was a lot more comfortable than the score line suggest. Thought Robinson deserved the MOTM. Graham and McBeth also excellent.

10 points taken off Morton this season. Easy as always.

Edited by Reid

What an absolute gang morton are by the way. Zero attempt to play football just constant hoofs up the park to a guy that can't hold it up. 

In fairness it looked a lot better when they had Oakley to hold it up.

Ode to Doogee

There was a chino'd wee gnaff called Doogee,

Who thought himself quite the Thuggee,

He came to Firhill,

Had another embarrassing spill,

What a sad delusional wee gnaff is Doogee

Hahhaahahah, Morton really are awful. 10/12 points thank you very much and off ye pop. I would rather go down to the lowland league than have to watch a football team every single week, that play the style of football Morton do. Genuinely in all my years watching football the ugliest team I have ever seen bar none across the season in our 3W 1D 0L against them. Robinson was outstanding. I have criticised Aero loads and occasionally McMillan too of late, but I thought both were superb today. Hopefully the turning point for our season as we are somehow still 3rd.

A part of me is disappointed that we conceded late and didn’t win at least 3/4-0, which probably would have been the fair result. But after two months without a league win, I’ll take it. 

Robinson head and shoulders above the rest, but solid performances throughout. Pleasing.

That’s as bad as I’ve seen us… no clue in possession beyond ‘give it to Power’ or ‘skelp it long’.

We somehow managed to be worse out of possession, though… barely won a second ball all day and got bullied by a team who pressed miles better than us.

And maybe the clearest example we’ve seen of Imrie making a total arse of the team selection. No amount of injuries justifies two of the shouts: French as a ‘midfielder’ (Jesus wept) and Gillespie as a ‘number 10’ (more tears).

No problem acknowledging the better team won, but I’ve got to mention the bollocks with the hoardings: possibly the most tin-pot thing I’ve ever seen at any level of football. Hope it was worth it.

38 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

No problem acknowledging the better team won, but I’ve got to mention the bollocks with the hoardings: possibly the most tin-pot thing I’ve ever seen at any level of football. Hope it was worth it.

I don’t think you understand what the word tinpot means.

Just watched highlights, Morton keeper at the first straight out of this season's Thistle keeper handbook (or forget how to use your hands-book) so cheers for that.

Thank f**k MacKenzie's Stuart Armstrong vs England style brainfart at the end was done with a 2 goal lead rather than 1.

Quiet thread, would be about 100 more posts tonight if the result had been the other way round. Enjoying the silence.

Just remembered - what was Imrie (w**k) playing at when he went ballistic at the guy in the main stand? Just being a wee p***k as per usual, presumably annoyed the ball wasn't coming back quickly enough?

Again - to reiterate - he is a complete cock, and I am delighted we ruined his day. Alan Archibald (good guy) didn't bust him open hard enough tbh

image.png.ef3166bac4ca48a191fc02a9f10dce4e.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely