Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

So there's approximately a 92% chance of 5th getting Europe?

Absolutely, but that's not 100%.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You could say that for any game though. The fault here lies predominantly with Dundee for having an unsuitable pitch, and also for their seemingly deluded belief that their pitch would go on to be fine and that there was no need to make contingency plans. I'd say the main criticism I'd have is that the SPFL should have possibly taken it out of their hands and built in a contingency at a different stadium tonight.

There's always a risk that any game on matchday 33 could be called off anyway, and that's why the split is built around the Scottish Cup semi-final weekend. The post-split fixtures are usually out not out until Tuesday/Wednesday anyway, so as long as the SPFL are somewhat proactive I don't think there will be a delay of anything more than a day or so with that.

As I may have said before, anyone with a modicum of sense would have scheduled the match for Tuesday 2nd April. Anyone that denies that is simply being argumentative for the sake of it. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I can definitely accept that point of view, my issue is more the ongoing suggestion that games are *always* scheduled for the earliest possible date which is not the case at all. Clubs are always going to have a bit of input on the date of a rescheduled match too, and I would assume both were happier to take the risk here.

Again, anyone with a modicum of sense knows that SPFL didn't want to schedule the match in the week leading up to the Rangers v Celtic match. Rangers would have released a statement rivalling that nonsense today.

Oh christ just realised that this fill the first couple of hours (and open all mics) on Saturday with a raging Kenny McIntyre....a big, big decision to call it off.....could have a big, big influence on the outcome of the title....and numerous other big, big things.....yawn.

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

Oh christ just realised that this fill the first couple of hours (and open all mics) on Saturday with a raging Kenny McIntyre....a big, big decision to call it off.....could have a big, big influence on the outcome of the title....and numerous other big, big things.....yawn.

I have a solution for that.

Sarahgreener GIF by Simple Life Social

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

A perfect impression of Kenny McIntyre. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Absolutely, but that's not 100%.

As I may have said before, anyone with a modicum of sense would have scheduled the match for Tuesday 2nd April. Anyone that denies that is simply being argumentative for the sake of it. 

Again, anyone with a modicum of sense knows that SPFL didn't want to schedule the match in the week leading up to the Rangers v Celtic match. Rangers would have released a statement rivalling that nonsense today.

You are basing this opinion on the assumption that Dundee were not consulted about the rearranged date and disregarding the potential that they preferred the game to be rescheduled for today.

2 minutes ago, Clangers said:

No VAR.

it would have to be prearranged that rangers get there penalty in the 55th minute.

All that's needed at Tannadice is a pitch side monitor.

They managed it for the play-off final at Firhill last season.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

What's the longest match thread on PnB,  this surely must be a contender by the time the game gets played. 

Dumbarton v Stirling last season was forty pages of glorious rage before a ball was kicked and that's League 2. Surely the Premiership can do much better than that.

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

giphy.gif

Are you not the one that called everyone who didn't agree with your opinion bearded hipster wrestling fans? I think you should sit out of the topic of embarrassing tbh...

8 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Why not switch the game to Tannadice

Are all the stewards employed for Dens tonight familiar with Tannadice? How would the segregation work given the Shed doesn't hold as many as the away end in Dens? As funny as it would be, how would it be decided what Sevco fans who had tickets are not getting in?

Are the catering staff employed for Dens aware of how everything works at Tannadice and where to go etc? Will they be expected to transport all the food and drinks over to Tannadice? See the same for hospitality.

How will fans' tickets work? Their ticket for Dens won't work on the scanners at Tannadice. Will the Dens tickets/turnstile staff be expected to manually check and record thousands of tickets by hand?

The police set up for a game at Dens. Do they need to draft in more officers? Send some home?

Will Dundee United be cool with their ground being used anyway? Would they expect payment? Would Dundee pay them? Would they trust Dundee fans to not make a mess of their ground?

13 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Why not switch the game to Tannadice

Was just reading the league regulations. Rule 134 states:

"That is not in the interest of Rangers tears."

Seems pretty cut and dried unfortunately.