Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

This may not be popular with a lot of Dundee fans but I believe McCowan’s overall contribution this season to the team has been better that’s that of Greig Stewart when he was at Dens.  That’s not in a criticism of Stewart.

I genuinely wouldn’t swap McCowan for Cantwell, Dessers, Dowell or Silva and that’s not just based on last night’s performances.   I have no idea how much those four players cost.

You’ve got it absolutely spot on. Greg’s goals were exceptional and he was great to watch but let’s not forget the not tracking back and leaving his fullback exposed side to his game. 

McCowan has been fantastic since Tony Doc came in. Probably our player of the season. 

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm sure if any other clubs have 5 postponements in the same season then they will be dealt with in the same way.

Motherwell were only given a suspended fine - Dundee will be consulting their lawyers I suspect.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm sure if any other clubs have 5 postponements in the same season then they will be dealt with in the same way.

At what point do this season's postponement become irrelevant?

If (and I appreciate it's a big 'if') we completely overhaul our pitch and have it verified that the drainage is up to the standard required by the rules, will we still be forced to pay the suspended fine if a severe storm hits the day before a game and completely swamps the pitch?

In such a scenario, why would we be any different to, say, Ross County, who had a game postponed this season because of a waterlogged pitch?

Edited by The Master

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Sitting in 10th with 31 points, -22 GD after 33 games and went on to get relegated, you say?

image.png.17fc439d70525f07187fa7ae5b721ac5.png
Excellent. 

f**k.

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Just to show how things can change. 

Screenshot_20240418_152335_Chrome.thumb.jpg.707a2f59bb525cc38cd2e8920f3b7d75.jpg

Screenshot_20240418_152409_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6d879046394d787bfd5b2b141676dcc.jpg

That can't be right. We gave Jim Goodwin a 2 year deal on the back of his performance in a situation where we simply couldn't be saved.

Those tables suggest we gained no points after the split.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

If (and I appreciate it's a big 'if') we completely overhaul our pitch and have it verified that the drainage is up to the standard required by the rules, will we still be forced to pay the suspended fine if a severe storm hits the day before a game and completely swamps the pitch?

In such a scenario, why would we be any different to, say, Ross County, who had a game postponed this season because of a waterlogged pitch?

Alternatively, if the cost of fixing the pitch is more than £120k, it might be worth taking the gamble it won't rain in Scotland next season.

Which, tbf, is probably what they did this year...

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Solely depends on if you happen to be playing one of the arse cheeks.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Motherwell were only given a suspended fine - Dundee will be consulting their lawyers I suspect.

Should be like proper law, with the Motherwell precedent being set, but no, we've got a bunch of clowns making up shite as they go along.

12 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Clement is balder than a Shoot 5 football.

Atleast he's not went for one of those ridiculous hair transplants. 

10 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I honestly don’t think there are many posters on P&B that would wake up the morning after Rangers dropping points in the title race and think “I want to discuss the manner in which Dundee fans celebrated.”

Each to their own though.  

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

And keep protesting that you don’t hate Dundee.

Ignore him. He’s a weird guy. Gets weirder in the lead up to the 12th of July. He’ll get it out his system after a nice ‘walk’.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

That was a bit weird from Dindy even going by his usual fishing standards.

If it was Killie, then he would have been celebrating. 

This view doesn’t surprise me after I watched your team do a lap of honour after a home draw against Celtic.

41 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ignore him. He’s a weird guy. Gets weirder in the lead up to the 12th of July. He’ll get it out his system after a nice ‘walk’.

The obsession you seem to have with Rangers is in keeping with most Ayr fans I know.