St Johnstone vs Dundee - The Tayside Derby - 30/03/24

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Like a breath of fresh air having a decent ref for a change. I applauded his performance at the end.

Thank you.

I hope you had as great a day out as I’ve had. 

Thank you 

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Like a breath of fresh air having a decent ref for a change. I applauded his performance at the end.

Thank you.

It's the same ref we had in the 3-3 against Motherwell at Fir Park just before Christmas, and I thought he had a very good game then. That was his Premiership debut and I did wonder about the power dynamic it created with a far more experienced referee on VAR (I can't recall who it was).

Today certainly addressed that question, with him sticking to his original (correct) decision despite being asked to review it by the far more experienced Greg Aitken. 

4 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

If he did - and I didn’t see that from the stand so taking your word - shouldn’t he still have been sent off despite the advantage?

If a player puts in a late tackle the ref will go back and book the player after the phase of play - I don’t see the difference. 

Not particularly passionate about it - just a query on the rules really. 

Bad tackles are still bad tackles regardless of whether advantage is played and therefore a card will still be given. A red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity or a yellow card for denying a promising attack can't be given if the referee plays an advantage and therefore the foul doesn't actually deny anything.

I think it would only have been a yellow for Mitov regardless given the position on the pitch and the position of other players.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Keeping Gallacher on in midfield as long as we did when you’re looking for a player to create something and Carey is sitting on the bench was a particular favourite.

It's like he's terrified of making a sub when we're not losing. A brave manager makes changes after we equalise to try and keep the momentum going.

It's almost as annoying as how long it takes him to actually make the change once they decide what's happening. Sidibeh absolutely fucked and down with cramp twice, about 5 minutes apart, and then he finally decides Kimpioka will replace him, only to spend a further 5 minutes getting Kirk to explain his role (which was the exact same role he's played in every game for us) on the touchline.

What the actual f**k are our defenders doing here? Wide open goal, player lining a shot up, and theyre casually strolling out the box holding each others hands.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What the actual f**k are our defenders doing here? Wide open goal, player lining a shot up, and theyre casually strolling out the box holding each others hands.

I’m not saying your defence is blameless but I’d be more concerned with your midfield if I were you.

There were two Dundee players running towards goal down your right hand side from midfield with nobody near them.  In fairness to your players in defence I think they assumed Cameron wouldn’t shoot (very few players would have) and were therefore more concerned with the Dundee players running up the park to support play.  Players not being tracked by your midfield.

One of the players supporting our attack was McCowan.  It appeared to me that was a player your players were coached to stop influencing the game so I don’t think you can criticise them too heavily for concentrating on him and the other Dundee player.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not saying your defence is blameless but I’d be more concerned with your midfield if I were you.

I'm very concerned by it tbh. Two absolute passengers in there who Levein is absolutely obsessed with playing, then Phillips, who has a habit of looking really good while simultaneously failing to ever track runners or not hand the ball away 20 yards from our own goal.

All 3 contribute nothing in attack (the only goals they've this season has been against you (Kucheriavyi x2, Smith at Dens, Phillips has 0)) while also crippling us off the ball.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm very concerned by it tbh. Two absolute passengers in there who Levein is absolutely obsessed with playing, then Phillips, who has a habit of looking really good while simultaneously failing to ever track runners or not hand the ball away 20 yards from our own goal.

All 3 contribute nothing in attack (the only goals they've this season has been against you (Kucheriavyi x2, Smith at Dens, Phillips has 0)) while also crippling us off the ball.

Just goes to show some players really do raise their game for certain opposition.  It’s almost like they believe it’s a derby…..

Just now, Shadow Play said:

Just goes to show some players really do raise their game for certain opposition.  It’s almost like they believe it’s a derby…..

Tbf i think thats what we miss now. For all you take the piss there was a spell where it felt like our players just wanted it more in these games and that made a difference.

A midfield of Craig, Davidson, and Wotherspoon scrapping and taking bodies feels like a lifetime ago.

On the subject of Kucheriavyi and Smith, enjoyed the sequence of 5 consecutive corners and not a single one being a decent delivery.

Fair play to the Saintees they were a decent team for a good few years.

That's why it's very funny that nowadays you can show up looking like you've just had a night on the skite and beat them by accident despite being well off it.

Edited by The Algebraist

11 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Fair play to the Saintees they were a decent team for a good few years.

That's why it's very funny that nowadays you can show up looking like you've just had a night on the skite and beat them by accident despite being well off it.

Unfortunately with the Chumpionship being so bad they will stay up,(unless they have a monumental arse collapse).

Probably good for us though, as them and the DAB's will weaken the top flight next season.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Derryboy62 said:

Imagine we send you into the play offs. That would be quite amusing

We'd deserve it tbh. Would arguably be your biggest achievement since relegating your future merger partners a few years ago. 

Probably ruffle a few feathers with this but I’m not a fan of Mitov. He’s clearly a very good shot stopper but I think his distribution and kicking is poor, and he always looks very erratic. Just lacks a calming presence for me. Maybe I’m being harsh because I don’t see a lot of him but just based on observation from games we’ve played. 

Sidibeh is an absolute menace but his general play is poor. He’s one that could be a good player though in time. 

Fair play to the st Johnstone fans in that corner next to the away end, they keep singing regardless of what’s going on. Even after our second went in they continued to maintain an atmosphere. 

On 30/03/2024 at 15:33, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Dundee fan getting ambulance treatment from smoke bomb burns 😂😂😂😂

Not sure where you're finding the humour in this.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure where you're finding the humour in this.

Wasn't the wee boy I seen. It's cool though you can all jump to conclusions and assume I was talking about the wee boy and laughing at him 👍 cause that's the usual on the internet. About 6 of you quoted me jumping to that wrong conclusion.

It was an idiots who lit and chucked them getting his hand treated  I seen🖕 is everyone wanting to feel sorry for and jump to his defence as well? 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe