Ayr United v Queen's Park Sat 23rd

24 minutes ago, Peil said:

What on earth was that temper tantrum from Paton about at full time?

Proper heads gone effort

You could see there was a reaction to something someone said to him in the second half, he was looking in to the SRE as we were taking a goal kick. He was obviously pretty upset about whatever it was but it was a bit over the top. Perhaps if any of the Ayr players showed as much fight as Paton we'd not be losing 2-1 going on 5-1 at home to Queen's Park. 

1 hour ago, Peil said:

What on earth was that temper tantrum from Paton about at full time?

Proper heads gone effort

There was some very nasty and irresponsible shouts from the SRE end today and Ruari was just responding to the Ayr supporters that there is no need for that. It's a game of football so please keep your awful abuse away from this sport. No need for the bile. Just enjoy the game bring the kids and the grandchildren and love football ❤️ 

9 hours ago, It is our time to shine said:

There was some very nasty and irresponsible shouts from the SRE end today and Ruari was just responding to the Ayr supporters that there is no need for that. It's a game of football so please keep your awful abuse away from this sport. No need for the bile. Just enjoy the game bring the kids and the grandchildren and love football ❤️ 

You must have excellent hearing to state that. I was directly behind the goal and had no idea what was said.

Cannot believe the video cuts away at 5:55. Can anyone tell me if your man there did launch the plastic cup he's got in his hand? The way he ducks under the crush barrier, fag still in mouth, is a thing of beauty.

image.thumb.png.76f3fbb88faf13a8cd2f5d9788732bff.png

15 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Cannot believe the video cuts away at 5:55. Can anyone tell me if your man there did launch the plastic cup he's got in his hand? The way he ducks under the crush barrier, fag still in mouth, is a thing of beauty.

image.thumb.png.76f3fbb88faf13a8cd2f5d9788732bff.png

Not at the 'christ died for our sins' fashbarrier. 

the simpsons helen GIF

48 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Why is there religious propaganda in our stadium? Massively inappropriate.

I'll need to see how much I need to crowd source to get an 'Eat the Rich' one up. 

Buzzing with that victory. Not only are the 3 points invaluable but the overall performance was superb outwith a sloppy opening 10 minutes to the 2nd half. Our press was excellent, we were aggressive and seen out the game efficiently once Ayr pulled a goal back. Watching us nowadays, it almost makes me more raging that we had to put with that utter shambles under Veldman first half of the season. We look a really decent championship outfit now

So many shouts for MOTM but i think it would be a toss up between Sheridan and Wilson. Wilson for me is the best centre back in the division. Was excited but apprehensive when he signed as you’ve not really heard his name for a few years given he’s been in the MLS and you’re worried if he has the legs/enthusiasm to play in the championship but he really is top class. Could easily fit himself in a Scottish premiership side if he wanted to. Josh Scott was once again superb at left back also

Ayr were very poor. Their insistence to play out from the back was odd considering they got caught out by our press on numerous occasions. Even after they scored, they really posed zero threat. Mental how finished McGeady looks. Seemed overweight and totally disinterested.

Still work to do but I just can’t see us getting relegated or finishing 9th. We’ve got a decent run of fixtures towards the end of the season and the team are full of confidence. If we can get a result at Morton next week and Inverness fail to win, I think we’ll be okay 

35 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Buzzing with that victory. Not only are the 3 points invaluable but the overall performance was superb outwith a sloppy opening 10 minutes to the 2nd half. Our press was excellent, we were aggressive and seen out the game efficiently once Ayr pulled a goal back. Watching us nowadays, it almost makes me more raging that we had to put with that utter shambles under Veldman first half of the season. We look a really decent championship outfit now

So many shouts for MOTM but i think it would be a toss up between Sheridan and Wilson. Wilson for me is the best centre back in the division. Was excited but apprehensive when he signed as you’ve not really heard his name for a few years given he’s been in the MLS and you’re worried if he has the legs/enthusiasm to play in the championship but he really is top class. Could easily fit himself in a Scottish premiership side if he wanted to. Josh Scott was once again superb at left back also

Ayr were very poor. Their insistence to play out from the back was odd considering they got caught out by our press on numerous occasions. Even after they scored, they really posed zero threat. Mental how finished McGeady looks. Seemed overweight and totally disinterested.

Still work to do but I just can’t see us getting relegated or finishing 9th. We’ve got a decent run of fixtures towards the end of the season and the team are full of confidence. If we can get a result at Morton next week and Inverness fail to win, I think we’ll be okay 

It was reminiscent of the first game up at Hampden where you insisted on playing out from the back and got caught short just about every time. Only difference is we were more clinical with our chances and today our goalie stopped it being a cricket score. 

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

How good was Dom Thomas' little dink off the bar though? That would have been some goal. We were so poor I'd have been happy to see it go in. 

Probably Dom's best performance in 2024. He was really up for it, unfortunatley for you guys.

7 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Probably Dom's best performance in 2024. He was really up for it, unfortunatley for you guys.

Dom Thomas yesterday could have been blindfolded with his football boots replaced with a pair of wooden clogs. His passing would still have been utterly superior to any of the sorry possession play Ayr had.

41 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

He was up against a clumsy centre back playing out of position tbf