On 20/05/2024 at 15:23, Wacky said:

Yet it’s official regardless of your denial. Dunfermline City is here to stay. 

The Queen did some dreadful things in her latter years, but making Dunfermline a city was the worst.

The shame killed her

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Queen did some dreadful things in her latter years, but making Dunfermline a city was the worst.

The shame killed her

I could be wrong here, but I’m pretty sure it was King Chick that seen sense. Dunfermline was once the seat of a King and his sainted wife. 

13 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I could be wrong here, but I’m pretty sure it was King Chick that seen sense. Dunfermline was once the seat of a King and his sainted wife. 

What King? He must've been shite to live in Dunfermline.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What King? He must've been shite to live in Dunfermline.

Malcom the 3rd Canmore and his wife St Margaret. It was a bit before my time, but I thought you would have known them  😉

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

Malcom the 3rd Canmore and his wife St Margaret. It was a bit before my time, but I thought you would have known them  😉

Aye, just forgot about him. King Malcolm of Dunfermline. Did he buy the title of the Internet?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, just forgot about him. King Malcolm of Dunfermline. Did he buy the title of the Internet?

King Malcolm of Dunfermline & the Internet ?

Don't be daft, there was no Internet in the 11th Century.

A qualified historian* writes: 

Medieval Scottish Kings tended to move around a lot and didn't really have a fixed capital. They would collect taxes in the form of conveth or a share of any crops. Wherever the King happened to be at the time that was where the capital was. 

Haddington was once Scotland's capital as William the Lion held a Parliament there but no one has suggested Haddington become a City. 

Malcolm Bigheid's wife Margaret reformed the Scottish Church to bring it more in alignment with Rome. So not staunch. 

*yes, I know. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

44 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

King Malcolm of Dunfermline & the Internet ?

Don't be daft, there was no Internet in the 11th Century.

😂😂

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

The honour was bestowed as part of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations for Liz, although she chose to die rather than go through with it, leaving King Jugears to sign it off

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A qualified historian* writes: 

Medieval Scottish Kings tended to move around a lot and didn't really have a fixed capital. They would collect taxes in the form of conveth or a share of any crops. Wherever the King happened to be at the time that was where the capital was. 

Haddington was once Scotland's capital as William the Lion held a Parliament there but no one has suggested Haddington become a City. 

Malcolm Bigheid's wife Margaret reformed the Scottish Church to bring it more in alignment with Rome. So not staunch. 

*yes, I know. 

In this case strip Dunfermline of their fraudulent title.

11 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

IMG_20240524_094540.thumb.jpg.037061750d79ab78953b39fe1bdf3b36.jpg

Dunno which town, but going by the rusty base, this is clearly the open-air public toilet.