The Diamonds in a final

I was in the new saints end today with a few mates as a neutral and it was very confusing how the whole crowd just went straight to silence as soon as the second half started, wierd to say the least.

Shout out to the guy who went to goad the new saints fans during the pitch invasion then fell on his arse not once but twice!

Edited by THE_warrior

It might be the diddy cup but it feels fucking glorious to win something. Loads of players out injuries or cup tied but felt we were fairly comfortable.

My only sadness is the realisation that, at some point, McCabe will leave airdrie. Genuinely the best it’s been supporting airdrie in my almost 40 years of living. 

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

The 6 biggest club sides in Wales don't even play in Wales .....,if they did,TNS wouldn't get a look in.

(Cardiff/Swansea/Wrexham/Newport/Merthyr/Colwyn Bay).

👍

Some folk will never like Airdrieonians because of various incidents in our history and that is absolutely fine and justified. We all know too well we have assholes in our fan base but we are a club with a sub 2000 average attendance. Today is always going to bring out more fans and I couldn’t give a flying f**k about flags or fans singing hello hello in a day like today. It’s all about the occasion and we got the win.

Fans can kid themselves on all they want but there are 3 maybe 4 teams in the lower leagues in Scotland who wouldn’t swap seasons with us. Promotion last year, top 4 so far this season, a cup final that we won, a young exciting team who play good football, a young manager who is getting all the praise for doing fantastic things.

A fantastic season no matter what happens and again just about every fan outwith one or two teams would love a season like this. 

Go ahead though focus on some union jacks and a few fans singing their version of hello hello.  Seen a few fans saying why don’t we chase them but I’ve seen assholes in just about every fan base. They are vastly outnumbered by the good ones. Would always rather focus on my own fans and our issues before looking outwards but each to their own. 

Said it before I love winning when teams/fans don’t like us. Makes it all the sweeter. Cheers for the read folks enjoyed it. Thank you to those who wanted us to win and to those full of abuse……………..GIRUY ♦️♦️

Edited by diamond_for_life

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The number of butchers' aprons around the pitch is embarrassing. Why don't the Airdrie fans chase these fannies?

Because the ones bringing these flags to matches are most Airdrie fans. 

27 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Because the ones bringing these flags to matches are most Airdrie fans. 

Not having that pal. Airdrie fans that I have bumped into over the years have been sound. The guys bringing flags to games are clearly trying make a political statement and are embarrassing themselves. Leave this shite out of lower league fitba..

Played well today, McStravicks goal was really well taken. As others have said this is the best couple of seasons we've had for 20+ years so enjoying it while it lasts, McCabe looks on the way to being a top manager so if we got another season of him I would be happy with that. TNS were ok but no better than we play in the Scottish Championship. I know a lot of people have questioned this competition but I still think it has value, best chance a lot of fans have of seeing a cup win.

7 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Played well today, McStravicks goal was really well taken. As others have said this is the best couple of seasons we've had for 20+ years so enjoying it while it lasts, McCabe looks on the way to being a top manager so if we got another season of him I would be happy with that. TNS were ok but no better than we play in the Scottish Championship. I know a lot of people have questioned this competition but I still think it has value, best chance a lot of fans have of seeing a cup win.

I thought TNS looked a threat early on out wide but as soon as we worked out how to stop them (20 mins in) they had nothing to offer, extremely one dimensional. And defensively in the first half they were as bad as I've seen in a long time from a professional club in terms of how easy it was to get in, literally all we did was chip nothing balls straight down the middle and we got about 4 or 5 opportunities, not sure how we only scored one. You can tell they are a side that are never tested defensively. I'm sure if they played Championship teams every week they would adapt to the level but I was unimpressed by them, we had essentially half a team missing in the 2nd half and looked comfortable, don't think our goalie had a save to make.

Don't mean that to take away from what we did by the way, just a comment on them.

13 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Saudi people finding out about Airdrieonians

YARN | Dude, you are going to love it | It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia  (2005) - S07E01 Frank's Pretty Woman | Video clips by quotes | 2fc21b7f | 紗

Stoning women and cutting body parts off, they’ll fit right in round Airdrie 

As much as I would have liked to beat Falkirk in the final, facing TNS definitely added something different to the match. There seemed to be a fair bit of media coverage before and after the game which can only be good for the club. 

An excellent win for the club which will hopefully give us a real boost heading into the final games of the season. Play offs would be immense!

TNS seemed like a reasonable mid-Championship level outfit, which is the least they should be for the amount of money they supposedly have pumped into them.  Airdrie were the better team and deserved to win, but there wasn't a huge amount between the teams by any means.  I think they dominate their games so utterly in their league - running up big scores, having the lion's share of possession - that they didn't really seem to know how to handle a team who were as good as them.  When we pressed and didn't let them have them have it all their way, they didn't really have much of a response.

Special shoutout to Charlie Telfer, who has been having a great season and ran the show in the middle of park yesterday, it'd be between him and McStravick for MOTM for me (and that goal would be worthy of it).   The defence was pretty solid, and given that we had no Megwa, that the defence and the new keeper will still be getting used to playing together and that TNS have run up some cricket (er, rugby, I suppose) scores, I thought we kept them at bay pretty consistently throughout.  Fordyce, as usual, was rock solid at centre half.

It was a really good day, and it was great to see all the kids there having a ball watching their team win a trophy.  You get precious few days like that following a small club, so you should enjoy them when you get them.  Big Toddy giving a high five to every single one of them as he walked to the dugout after getting subbed was a touch of class - the kind of wee thing that means so much to a kid and just cements that connection with their club.  Holding up Rae's jersey after the second goal was a nice touch as well.