The Diamonds in a final

Having slated the challenge cup changes over the years, this hypocrite is heading to the Falkirk stadium for the chance to see a cup win in a centenary year. 

TNS can't be underestimated so I'm hoping we're on our A game. Have enjoyed our recent visits to Falkirk so please keep it going.

Interesting to see our line up....

Josh is out

Defence will pick itself except Cammy for Megwa who is cup tied.

Would think Rhys will replace McMaster?

Who partners Toddy....Gabby and McGregor possibly still injured and Lyall is cup tied.

Few headaches for the gaffer this week

Edited by ElDiamondo

Looking forward to this having seen us win this a number of times in the past. Strnage playing a Welsh team and cant see them bringing a big support so migt be a bit of a strnage atmosphere (not sure how many we'll take, 2000 maybe?). 

Looking forward to it,  I think this will be a decent final,  TNS looked good in the semi and stifled a decent Falkirk side and have a long unbeaten run to defend,  Declan McManus plays for them,  a striker that most clubs would love to have, and he isn't a regular starter for them..

Like all games the first goal will be crucial, they look very well organised..

Ticket sales are slow, expect a bit of a rush closer to the game though,.

One of the things we will have to control is the pressure of expectation,    a lot of our fans expect us to turn up, sword them and applaud like demented sea lions as Rhys parades the Spfl Trust Trophy around the Falkirk stadium on the back of a white charger.....

PS.  Airdrie and finals with teams that play in green and white hoops don't normally end too well..

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Looking forward to it,  I think this will be a decent final,  TNS looked good in the semi and stifled a decent Falkirk side and have a long unbeaten run to defend,  Declan McManus plays for them,  a striker that most clubs would love to have, and he isn't a regular starter for them..

Like all games the first goal will be crucial, they look very well organised..

Ticket sales are slow, expect a bit of a rush closer to the game though,.

One of the things we will have to control is the pressure of expectation,    a lot of our fans expect us to turn up, sword them and applaud like demented sea lions as Rhys parades the Spfl Trust Trophy around the Falkirk stadium on the back of a white charger.....

PS.  Airdrie and finals with teams that play in green and white hoops don't normally end too well..

Yes I'm assuming a really difficult game . Having been at those two green finals maybe it will be third time lucky? 

12 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Looking forward to this having seen us win this a number of times in the past. Strnage playing a Welsh team and cant see them bringing a big support so migt be a bit of a strnage atmosphere (not sure how many we'll take, 2000 maybe?). 

They have zero fans. Their support will probably consist of the youth team and their roly poly chairman. 

Edited by Girth

TNS are a side that this year alone benefitted from 800.00 euros in Uefa prize money. They have real quality in the side and a winning mentality. I'm sure that Rhys and Dycey have done their homework but I would have been more confident about the game if Megwa and Rae were available.

There is a souvenir 68 page glossy programme on sale for the Cup final..

This is available through a website of Ignition Sports media,  cost is £5 plus £3 postage.

No doubt will be on sale at the game as well,  We dont get to many finals, one to get pulled out the drawer in 25 years..

I have just had a look at the Welsh league table and there can’t be one other set of fans in that league with a good thing to say about TNS. What an absolute pointless division of football that is.

This will be a tough tough game but it’s very hard to gage how good TNS actually are. They only just saw out East Fife on penalties but wiped the floor with Arbroath. Looked impressive enough in the win over Falkirk. 

I see the bookies have them slight favourites which I think is about right though 

C'mon Airdrie ✊

TNS hav an arrogance about them,they scutched us at Almondvale a number of yrs back.

You'd hav thought they'd just won the World Cup  !!

Edited by Dav nan Gael

1 hour ago, moses1924 said:

Wonder what kind of crowd there will be, given the push on social media all week to sell tickets i'm guessing fairly low, always seemed a bit optomistic to open 3 stands...

No idea about TNS but looking at the available sections to Airdrie it looks pretty healthy to me. Behind the goal has about 140 seats left out of half the stand (1000?), most of which I imagine will still sell. And the only sections of the lower main stand that look like they won't sell out (or near enough) are the 2 sections nearest the TNS fans which is maybe a third of the stand. I think we'll have near 3000 which is as good as we can get these days - that's pretty much what we had in the home play-off ties and at home to Hearts. I think for us to ever get higher than that it would have to be a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden.. maybe next season...

Said at the time that I wanted Falkirk in the final as it would have been a cracking crowd and atmosphere. With TNS it was always going to be a bad look for the TV cameras in terms of attendance, but that's what you get when you invite them into the tournament.

Nomads only brought a couple of hundred or so up to Inverness when County played them, so I'd expect more, but not by much.

On 20/03/2024 at 12:04, Aufc said:

Whilst most people dislike us, surely an airdrie win is required for Scottish football

Unfortunately those in charge seem detrermined to have this cup either go to another country or a B-Team to justify giving them spots that should go to either LL or HFl clubs