Open Goal Podcast

14 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

I get the impression  the average P&B poster is Middleclass, went to Uni, has a beard, likes pro wresting, likes posting Simpsons memes.

They are football fans but actually hate the types of people that actually play football in the main. Working class comes from council estates. Bit too Crass for them.

Its a class thing. Bit of snobbery going on here IMO

Sounds like a bit of reverse snobbery going on here IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

I get the impression  the average P&B poster is Middleclass, went to Uni, has a beard, likes pro wresting, likes posting Simpsons memes.

They are football fans but actually hate the types of people that actually play football in the main. Working class comes from council estates. Bit too Crass for them.

I dunno what you were hoping for when you started this thread, but you’re coming across as an unhinged weirdo mate. 

18 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

There was a working class guy in my street just this afternoon.

I kicked him to death and fed him to the hounds.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Who are all these footballers from schemes we all look down on? The Scotland captain is from Newton Mearns ffs.

He does have a conviction for drink driving though tbf.

If my memory serves me correctly.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

41 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

maybe not so much him right enough, but you do with Ferry, Kyle, Mcfadgen and all the guest they have on. You should give it a listen.

Try and be a bit more tolerant and less of a snob

A snob is someone who gets out of the bath to go to the toilet, nothing to do with disliking numpties.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

There was a working class guy in my street just this afternoon.

I kicked him to death and fed him to the hounds.

Imagine actually physically touching one of the dirt people. Wouldn't be me.

I was never a fan on AVFTT. I enjoyed the podcast but hated the TV version. Since chilling out and realising that it's just a load of normal guys having a laugh and talking genuinely about football, I've begun to really enjoy both.

I used to enjoy Open Goal, again only the pods, watching it was shit. Recently I've realised that although they get a helluva higher grade of person from within the game, there's very little football talk other than "wit aboot Tommy Gravesen".

I do quite enjoy Under the cosh but it's just Open Goal on a larger scale and with a broader range of people comes a broader range of stories of people wanting to square go other rockets.. they also seem to replace Gravesen with Vinnie Jones or Duncan Ferguson. 

TLDR - they all have a place. Find your place and don't cry about ither people enjoying a different place.

Why not open a thread in the Rangers/Celtic forum as that is usually the main topic of conversation on Open Goal. Anyone interested can comment there and proper fans can continue with the rest of the site!

9 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

A snob is someone who gets out of the bath to go to the toilet, nothing to do with disliking numpties.

Only because I can’t get the bits of sweetcorn to go down the plug hole.

Open goal is 90% premier league and 70% of that is about Rangers and Celtic. 

A lot of the anecdotes recited by current and former pro's tend to be dreadful. Andy Halliday is a dull but excitable person which is a bad combination and it is littered with mild homophobia. It's not for me but I will listen to the odd interview when it is someone I want to listen to. 

AVFTT, I listen to the lower league podcast and thats about it. 

so my original question was why dosnt Open Goal have its own section like

a View from the Terrace

Improving Scottish Football

Nutmeg

even thou its about 50 times more popular to normal football fans ?

And the answer would seem to be that P&B posters hate it because of these lower class football plebs that appear on it. Even thou the same lower class plebs actually play the game that the P&B claim to love.

What a special subset of football fans they are. 😀

4 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

so my original question was why dosnt Open Goal have its own section like

a View from the Terrace

Improving Scottish Football

Nutmeg

😀

There's numerous posters from AVFTT that post on here.

I've never heard of "improving Scottish football" podcast, is it any good?

Nutmeg sponsor the site.