What are your storage preferences for various staple foodstuffs?   

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Manky  to have an open container of food anywhere but the fridge.

Aye, like dry pasta and sugar. 🤔

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm genuinely amazed that people put sauce in the fridge.

Read the label

Heinz nutritional info | Heinz ketchup, Ketchup, Ketchup bottle

Edited by Rugster

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Those should be kept on the person in case of bumping into Nigel Farage. 

If we're using that metric I'll keep my eggs in the freezer. 

You can store the sauces in a cupboard until you open them and then keep them in fridge. Don’t see why you wouldn’t keep in fridge anyway as it just keeps it fresher.

Storing potatoes in the fridge is weird as f**k. 

Chocolate tastes better if it’s from the fridge although I never normally stored it there til recently.

I came across a "hack" recently that suggested keeping potatoes in a cupboard in a paper bag would keep them fresh for 6 months.

That seems incredibly unrealistic.

13 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That's an American label

Tomato sauce is for children

Do you do everything labels tell you to?

Uk labels say the same. 
I agree, but it is a sauce and you said you were amazed that people put sauces in the fridge. 
No. 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I came across a "hack" recently that suggested keeping potatoes in a cupboard in a paper bag would keep them fresh for 6 months.

That seems incredibly unrealistic.

They definitely stay fresher in a paper bag. If you buy them from a butcher, or grocer, or anywhere other than a supermarket really, they come in a paper bag. 
6 months more than a stretch though, I agree. 

Edited by Rugster

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They definitely stay fresher in a paper bag. If you buy them from a butcher, or grocer, or anywhere other than a supermarket really, they come in a paper bag. 
6 months more than a stretch though, I agree. 

Talking of buying things from supermarkets, I can't get my head round people buying packs of the same product lying loose next to them, often for about 3 or 4 times the price. 

I love a boiled egg, so keeping them in the fridge would increase the risk of them cracking. Cupboard for me.

Dinna buy tatties, but if I did they'd be stored in a cupboard, where they would sprout, grow and form an entire complex civilisation before I remembered about them.

Broon sass goes in the fridge as I generally buy it when pished and use it seldom after that.

Broon sass on a sassidge safty is one of the pleasures of life.

58 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Citation needed.

Any sauce. I usually just go by this rule as when you buy some of them (hoisin sauce was a recent example) it says once opened keep in refrigerator and use within 2 weeks. Don’t see why you would chose to out a sauce in the cupboard once the seal has been broken.