Motherwell v St. Mirren

At least Motherwell fans finally seem to have moved on from clinging to the irrelevant stat they scored more points than us last season. Small steps and all that.

8 hours ago, welldaft said:

For the first time in ages St Kidding have had larger attendances. Once you stop spunking money you will be back where you belong.

Is that really 1000 points behind. At your average points total that would take 100 years and then some to even catch up. 

For a team that are supposed to be similar you are actually a pale shadow. An irrelevance even. 

IMG_1932.png

You really have been broken ever since that Covid game a few years back that got called off as a 3-0 win for Motherwell and then overturned.

Fair play though, your presence on these threads is always a genuine highlight as it's cracking point and laugh material. Glad to see you here with all time league tables and juicy patter like 'St. Kidding'.

Keep up the good work x

3 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

When did you all become so insufferable?  ..... Oh aye ......

When we employed your ex-manager and ex-employee as our CEO, got our act together on and off the park, and you lot didn't.

I expect it will probably swing the other way eventually.

However, it's good to see you've all shown such high levels of resilience whilst adjusting to the situation.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

When we employed your ex-manager and ex-employee as our CEO, got our act together on and off the park, and you lot didn't.

Motherwell fans are really annoyed at other teams doing what they tried to do, but are doing it better. That's got to hurt, which explains their tear stained posts in this thread.

As for the game? Who knows. Whatever happens though, we know that this will be the last game between the clubs, so once it's over Motherwell can continue their battle against relegation candidates while we look out our passports.

Lazy journalism by the BBC for the team updates, must have had a half day yesterday 

Barry Maguire, Adam Montgomery, Jon Obika, Harry Paton and Callum Slattery have missed recent Motherwell games.

St Mirren defender Ryan Strain has been recovering from groin surgery.

8 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

You may soon discover a new low...lose the next couple of games and you could be sucked into that relegation play-off spot. 😬 

That's not a new low - we were in the play-off in 2015 but it led to two of the best football experiences I (or wider Scottish football) have witnessed. Not keen to go through it again though and fortunately there were some right huddies in 12th that season to spare us straight relegation 🤔

15 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's not a new low - we were in the play-off in 2015 but it led to two of the best football experiences I (or wider Scottish football) have witnessed. Not keen to go through it again though and fortunately there were some right huddies in 12th that season to spare us straight relegation 🤔

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up: if we had somehow managed to scramble to 11th that season (and I'm not suggesting it was close; we were fucking awful), there's no way we were doing to Sevco what you did. Occasionally there's a grand plan and you just have to go with it.

21 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

If we can drop 2 players and replace them with 5, we really should be winning this.

Is it unreasonable to expect to see the best players all playing at the expense of players not currently performing. I’d drop Fraser O’Hara Boyd Munce Flynn and Dunne from those who played against Kilmarnock.

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't like St Mirren 

Neither do I. Caused me no end of pain, heartache and suffering for over 50 years. 😂 

Supporting St Mirren should carry a health warning.

This legend has a lot to answer for having convinced me in 1974 to start supporting my local team on a regular basis after visiting our primary school.

IMG_8639.thumb.jpeg.dd3a0046a58655cbf781acb1bef711db.jpeg

Did you know Fergie once managed a St Mirren team which brought the largest away support in the last 50 years to Fir Park? 😂 

I recently met a couple of elderly Motherwell supporters who were there that day. One guy was a police constable on that match day and he said he’d never ever seen an away crowd as big as that in Fir Park during his career. 😂 

Ach it wouldn’t be an away day thread at Motherwell without mentioning this! 

Enjoy the game today whoever you support. May the best team win. 

COYS.

Stayed away from this thread as I expected it to be a car crash again again. 

Kettlewell needs to get back to playing the best players in their best positions instead of overthinking all the time.

Kelly

Mcginn Mugabi Casey 

Devine Davor Halliday Gent

Spitts Vale 

Bair

I’m assuming Miller isn’t fit to start. We were unlucky not to to win the previous two matches against the Saints this season so I ‘d take an ugly 1-0 win all day. 

15 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

I don't like them myself sometimes, like last Saturday 😇

Or the Saturday before............:rolleyes:

Difficult game today. Motherwell definitely have what it takes to produce a strong performance. Depends which versions of both teams turn up today.

Sadly due to our pathetic capitulation against Kilmarnock, this is a game we really need to win.

I don't see that happening, unless we pick our best XI.