Smokies v Pars 30/3/24 (stay safe everyone)

Can’t see a thread yet so thought I’d start one.

Thinking about going up to this to see if The Pars can win 3 in a row and keep up their push for safety/promotion play off place!

I would also like to visit one of my favourite grounds while they are still in the Championship. Do they still do those steak and black pudding pies?

With Raith and Falkirk also playing in the same area I am glad that I will be driving up as there is potential for a few problems on the trains going up that way! 

11 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Thinking about going up to this to see if The Pars can win 3 in a row and keep up their push for safety/promotion play off place!

I would also like to visit one of my favourite grounds while they are still in the Championship. Do they still do those steak and black pudding pies?

With Raith and Falkirk also playing in the same area I am glad that I will be driving up as there is potential for a few problems on the trains going up that way! 

Yes, they still do S+B pies but get them early I think they tend to run out of them. The train journey could well be interesting  with these other games around this area. As for the football hope we can give you a game.

43 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Thistle fans complaining that Arbroath ran out of pies before half time on Saturday. Possibly due to greedy b*****ds buying two. 

The Falkirk game is a later kick off so probably not too much cross over on the train from Dundee.

Anyway, another victory would be rather delightful.

My only two hopes for this game is the Arbroath that came back against Raith doesn’t turn up, and they pies don’t run out before I get to the front of the queue. 

I don't want to sound condescending but if Arbroath go down, it's been a hell of a run in the Championship for a part time side. Something to look back on and be proud of, especially pushing for the title one year. 

I don't see Arbroath dropping like an anchor similar to Brechin or even Forfar, i reckon we'll see you again at this level soon.

17 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

No one enjoys league 1 

I was beginning to think Falkirk loved it there, but it would appear they were simply not good enough to escape it until now. 

In a weird way, it kind of feels like next summer, Scottish football is where it should be.  Once Falkirk are promoted, it feels like all the "big" championship clubs like them, Dunfermline etc.  Have escaped and got back to their proper level.

Similarly, assuming that Dundee United manage to wheeze across the line, then there won't really be any premier clubs slumming it in the championship.  Even we don't really belong in the championship, and league 1 is probably where we "should" be.

So aye, come this summer, all of Scottish football is back where it belongs!

Don't think much football will be getting played at this if the recent weather is anything to go by. Any sort of win will do!