Smokies v Pars 30/3/24 (stay safe everyone)

Outrageously poor second half from us. 

Really good turnout from our fans but shockingly quiet crowd. Where were the 'famous' Section NW?

Anyway, played good first half (but have played better) and took a big lead. Thought we'd see it out and maybe get one or two more.

Instead we utterly shat it and let them back in to it big time. We were meek in challenges, poor and wasteful on the ball and seemed to lack confidence.

We got away with it when we should have cruised to a win second half.

Still, pleased with the win.

Credit to Arbroath 2nd half they pushed more men up top, went more direct and stopped our playing it out from the back much better. We had no plan B and nearly threw it all away.

Still, 3 points is what matters and I'm glad we scored 3 goals and took the points. I've seen us throw away 3 goal leads before, so fair fcks for seeing it out with the added on half hour injury time.

Walcott again strolled it completely and Bene looked back to his best. 

Jak has to score that chance first half but again looked decent. Allan had a good game  

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

I got home and emptied my underwear. PHEW. 

After the first half I had to chisel the front side but after the second half I had to chisel the back side.

Hard fought win in the end. Our performance had a bit of everything over the 90 mins. First half we looked streets ahead of Arbroath. But then, start of second half they looked streets ahead of us. In the end, we dug deep and held on for the win, which was good to see.

Arbroath had a lot of possession in good areas at 3-2, but the only chance I really remember was for McCann, to put us 4-2 up.

I seem to remember Mehmet making a great save early on, when it was 0-0. But first half we also hit the bar twice (scored from the rebound of one of them) and Jakubiak managed to miss an open goal. Overall, probably would have been good for a neutral, but I’m just glad we got the result.

2 hours ago, Nat Weederburn said:

No chance it was anything close to 7 minutes.

Aye right, took over a minute for your keeper to take goal kicks, but the ref should have clamped down on it earlier 

Very mixed feelings after watching that - a replica of the game much earlier this season against ICT.  Our makeshift defence - with injuries again - wobbly first half, the story of our season but we were a bit short all over the park.  Second half was a different story so dare I say it, some credit to the manager?.  Very committed front foot, when we could easily have capitulated and could easily have taken something from that game though scoring has been a struggle so 3 goals was beyond us.  We may be going down, but there’s still something there - though maybe not enough for the doom merchants and moaners emerging from the woodwork.  
Dunfermline were reasonably good in parts but I’d worry about going from strolling it to merely hanging on with occasional flashes of panic.  Like so many other teams in this division now, they demonstrate more ‘professionalism’ in all aspects of the game (not entirely  a compliment) which is a skill we seem to have lost.  Not sure if the ref occupied the same time zone.

Edited by farflung lichtie

Criminal to give a 3-0 head start. We were poor don’t even think we were particularly great in the second half but Dunfermline completely dropped off 2nd half and were very poor. 

can mehmet kick a ball properly? Thought his distribution was very poor strange technique 😂

I'm still trying to disinfect my clothes after the 1203 from Dundee to  Arbroath train - two carriages, after 2 cancelled before - never knew Failkirk had so many fans. 

The game, well easy street first half, pars sharp and to the second ball quickly and with purpose, the second half was the exact opposite. Thankfully we'd done enough first half to see us through.  

Gayfield quite nice in the sunshine, hailstones and pissing rain for full time though.

On 30/03/2024 at 18:15, DA Baracus said:

Outrageously poor second half from us. 

Really good turnout from our fans but shockingly quiet crowd. Where were the 'famous' Section NW?

Anyway, played good first half (but have played better) and took a big lead. Thought we'd see it out and maybe get one or two more.

Instead we utterly shat it and let them back in to it big time. We were meek in challenges, poor and wasteful on the ball and seemed to lack confidence.

We got away with it when we should have cruised to a win second half.

Still, pleased with the win.

What's with the dig at our supporters?