Scotland Vs Northern Ireland

I don't know what's worse, that first half or folk claiming Andy Murray isn't Scotland's greatest ever sportsman. He is, by a long long way given what he achieved in a high profile sport against the best ever players in that sport.

Chris Hoy maybe second. Alex Ferguson was a great manager. 

Just now, Crùbag said:

Patterson is shoight. What a bozo. Clarke deserves a lot of plaudits but our defence is still woeful. Patterson, Souttar and to a lesser extent Porteous aren't up to it.

The same Porteous who was excellent in qualifying?

Pato has been bad, but he hasnt hid. His attitude remains excellent.

He has been massively isolated too. 

Not going to argue with him not being great, but we have more senior players who aren't stepping up here (looking at McGinn).

2 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Dykes actually turning his back and running away from the ball sums up Scotland's 1st half.

Clarke has his work cut out here to salvage something positive out of this, as well, let's face it, he's made an arse of the 1st 45mins.

Said it on another thread and I stand by it, there's a conversation to be had about Dykes. We've been awful going forward and he's played a major part in that. 

Thank the Lord I was working until 8 tonight or I'd be there watching that.

Don't agree with booing your own team, though. A disgruntled silence would be better.

These days I dislike NI and Wales intensely. Albeit not to England levels.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Simao said:

Are people really trying to argue that some fat darts player is a more iconic sportsman than Andy Murray?

Many think that some moany permacrock tennis player is a more iconic sportsman than Jocky Wilson.

As for the game, if we're playing a top tier nation Patterson puts that out for a shy. After Friday you'd think he'd have learned and play conservatively. Guilty of arrogance, must be a class at Murray Park.

17% possession and one nil up, that sort of stuff just isn't in our DNA. Just feel we're not far off getting an adjective used to describe us similar to Hibsin it.

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Possible red in this game.  NI putting in some nippy stuff for a friendly.

The body check on McTominay late on should have been yellow.

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

I don't know what's worse, that first half or folk claiming Andy Murray isn't Scotland's greatest ever sportsman. He is, by a long long way given what he achieved in a high profile sport against the best ever players in that sport.

Chris Hoy maybe second. Alex Ferguson was a great manager. 

Clearly what is required is a Murray v's Stephen Hendry playoff at a neutral sport, perhaps nine-ball pool, to determine Scotland's 2nd greatest ever sportsman behind Kenny Dalglish.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The same Porteous who was excellent in qualifying?

He was hot and cold but certainly better than Souttar and Patterson. Was pish against the Dutch.

Pretty embarrassing. Thank god it’s no a competitive game.

although they were never scoring until patterson gifted the opener.

since then we’ve been shocking, wide open but getting no joy going forward.

add into it an injury to our best player. 
love a friendly 🙄

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Clearly what is required is a Murray v's Stephen Hendry playoff at a neutral sport, perhaps nine-ball pool, to determine Scotland's 2nd greatest ever sportsman behind Kenny Dalglish.

Seems heavily weighted towards Hendry that.

Best of 3, pool, squash and darts.