Rangers or whatever they are called v Hibernian

27 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

f**k's it got to do with football?  Bunch of sad b*****ds, just like your green and white brothers. 

Nothing. I’m not saying otherwise.

31 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I am a Loyal Ulster man
They say this day that I must hang
Cause I fought the IRA
They say that I must pay
Well they say this day that I must hang.

So build my gallows build them high
That I might see before I die
The Antrim glen and the hills of County Down
And I'll see again the lights of home

I do enjoy going to watch my football team and singing... er, whatever this is.

Regardless of the sectarianness or otherwise of the song, you do have to boggle at the self-victimization on display. Is there even *one* instance of anyone from Northern Ireland being subjected to capital punishment for 'fighting the IRA' since the IRA was founded? Surely, given the history of Ireland, they're not at a loss for instances of very real crimes committed against Northern Irish protestants or loyalists, rather than concocting entirely fictional grievances against a country they claim to be loyal to.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

Regardless of the sectarianness or otherwise of the song, you do have to boggle at the self-victimization on display. Is there even *one* instance of anyone from Northern Ireland being subjected to capital punishment for 'fighting the IRA' since the IRA was founded? Surely, given the history of Ireland, they're not at a loss for instances of very real crimes committed against Northern Irish protestants or loyalists, rather than concocting entirely fictional grievances against a country they claim to be loyal to.

The best part is if you google "build my gallows" it says it's a song by Glasgow Rangers. Another layer of irrelevance.

12 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Should change it to "build my pallets, build them high".

3 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Would I be right in thinking all ( ! ) three of the BBC Sportscene pundits ; Thommo , McFadden and McCann disagreed with the awarding of the penalty against us ?

Some kind of record !

Who is the ..... on VAR ?

Dallas?

7 hours ago, AJF said:

A compilation of Tav’s best goals would be great viewing. Often seems to score belters.

Who wants to watch 50 greatest penalties?

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not me, that’s why I said a compilation of his best goals.

How many in this unbelievably outstanding achievement record breaking accomplishment were penalties?

I'm betting it's more than the total amount of penalties Hibs have been awarded this century. 

10 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

How many in this unbelievably outstanding achievement record breaking accomplishment were penalties?

I'm betting it's more than the total amount of penalties Hibs have been awarded this century. 

I’d be willing to take that bet. What are you offering? 

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

65 of his 131 have been penalties, so almost exactly half. Which is incidentally 12 penalties less than the prior record holder, Graham Alexander.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

65 of his 131 have been penalties, so almost exactly half. Which is incidentally 12 penalties less than the prior record holder, Graham Alexander.

Only 65... Brother Beaton and his cohorts will have to up their game