Dissertation Surveys

5 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

I am currently abroad on holiday.  I had some chap come up asking to take a photo of me for their dissertation! 

I left school at 15 so no idea what this dissertation shit is all about. 

^^^ Elephant Man.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

My Dissertation was on The Dilemnas of a Colonial Governor: Governors Bernard and Hutchison in Massachusetts. 

I might have got a better mark if I'd asked P&B in a survey tbf. 

"F*** Bernard and Hutchison, they were c****"

14 hours ago, Darren said:

I did my dissertation in the 36 hours before deadline, fuelled by nothing other than Tesco own-brand Red Bull and two packs of Marlboro Gold. Those were the days. 

Surveys were shared and answered on Bebo. One for the kids there.

I have a friend who wrote her dissertation in a wardrobe on bear tranquiliser (It wasn't actually but we still don't know what it was) in the two days before.

She passed.

12 hours ago, superwell87 said:

I wonder if this is step forwards or backwards from spamming the forums at 5am with posts about uni's?

I'm still waiting on my order of magic spells from the other guy that was spamming.

It's the audacity of the wee p***ks. 'Here lads, do me a turn and help me, this is my first and last post on this forum.'

Except from Darren. He just continued to pedal his shite.

15 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"F*** Bernard and Hutchison, they were c****"

Funnily enough...

Bernard was a bone idle shagbag. Hutchison took over his mess but gets the blame from the revolting Americans. 

If someone with a username I recognised, or at least has a history of posting asked these types of questions. I'd play ball.

Johnny come lately's with 7 posts, all the same post asking about their uni thing. Nah.

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

If someone with a username I recognised, or at least has a history of posting asked these types of questions. I'd play ball.

Johnny come lately's with 7 posts, all the same post asking about their uni thing. Nah.

The only actual P&B posters I've seen post this sort of thing are @Romeo (on behalf of his wean) and @accies1874 or @Scotty Tunbridge, I forget which. Them, fine. Everyone else, I've no idea why they're not banned and deleted instantly. This inquisition is long overdue.

I remember my first meeting with my dissertation advisor: 

‘the key is to make it about something that really interests you’

’well, I…’

’no, not football. Do not make it about football’ 

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I remember my first meeting with my dissertation advisor: 

‘the key is to make it about something that really interests you’

’well, I…’

’no, not football. Do not make it about football’ 

I got the same advice about a book review for O grade English in 1978. 

I wonder if other sports forums get similar requests?

On 28/03/2024 at 03:12, RawB93 said:

I have a friend who wrote her dissertation in a wardrobe on bear tranquiliser (It wasn't actually but we still don't know what it was) in the two days before.

She passed.

Sorry to hear that. Too much of the bear tranquiliser, I assume?

On 27/03/2024 at 15:32, Swello said:

Dissertation season has been a thing as long as I've been on P&B - surely it's just the time of year where Uni/College dissertations are due and some unfortunates are hanging their hopes on actually getting meaningful responses from this place...

It’s always the guys who are going to fail and haven’t proofread or even run it past their tutors.  

On 27/03/2024 at 16:35, tamthebam said:

My Dissertation was on The Dilemnas of a Colonial Governor: Governors Bernard and Hutchison in Massachusetts. 

I might have got a better mark if I'd asked P&B in a survey tbf. 

Fucking hell that sounds boring.

Both my dissertations were absolutely hopeless. I'd figured out that I was going to get a Desmond for my first degree unless I wrote an absolutely stunning dissertation and second time round I was guaranteed a 2:1 as long as I passed and again would've needed a stunning mark to get a 1st.