Dissertation Surveys

It seems like there's been a rash of these lately and the questions themselves seem like bot-led data-mining pish. 

Folk don't tend to start their dissertations at the end of March. The questions and subjects seem somewhat devoid of academic rigour. 

I imagine that clicking on whatever link will fire some nice spyware into your phones or that your answering questions on the forum post will give some AI more information about you.

It's a brave new world lads.

I really hope it actually is folk writing a dissertation and we end up with quotes from p&b in the final submissions.

'the vast majority of respondents responded sarcastically to the proposed notion'

'the most common answers fell along the lines of "f**k the old firm, they're c***s" '. 

'it is concluded that no further research is required on the topic'

48 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I really hope it actually is folk writing a dissertation and we end up with quotes from p&b in the final submissions.

'the vast majority of respondents responded sarcastically to the proposed notion'

'the most common answers fell along the lines of "f**k the old firm, they're c***s" '. 

'it is concluded that no further research is required on the topic'

He’ll need to have went along to ram forums of individual clubs as well to have done it properly, if it’s a real person.

It’ll wind up being some weirdo football tourist blogger.

Dissertation season has been a thing as long as I've been on P&B - surely it's just the time of year where Uni/College dissertations are due and some unfortunates are hanging their hopes on actually getting meaningful responses from this place...

31 minutes ago, Swello said:

Dissertation season has been a thing as long as I've been on P&B - surely it's just the time of year where Uni/College dissertations are due and some unfortunates are hanging their hopes on actually getting meaningful responses from this place...

20 years since I did mine, but this seems a bit late. Suppose it might be a different way of doing things now.

My Dissertation was on The Dilemnas of a Colonial Governor: Governors Bernard and Hutchison in Massachusetts. 

I might have got a better mark if I'd asked P&B in a survey tbf. 

I did my dissertation in the 36 hours before deadline, fuelled by nothing other than Tesco own-brand Red Bull and two packs of Marlboro Gold. Those were the days. 

Surveys were shared and answered on Bebo. One for the kids there.

56 minutes ago, Darren said:

I did my dissertation in the 36 hours before deadline, fuelled by nothing other than Tesco own-brand Red Bull and two packs of Marlboro Gold. Those were the days. 

Marlboro Gold. 🥰

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

20 years since I did mine, but this seems a bit late. Suppose it might be a different way of doing things now.

You might find your more prepared (virgin) students get to it early whereas the cool kids who were taking drugs and shagging are now desperately trying to catch up.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

^^^shagger

Just now, Sortmeout said:

You might find your more prepared (virgin) students get to it early whereas the cool kids who were taking drugs and shagging are now desperately trying to catch up.

There's nothing sexier than good organisation and preparation combined with academic rigour, imo.

9 hours ago, velo army said:

It seems like there's been a rash of these lately and the questions themselves seem like bot-led data-mining pish. 

Folk don't tend to start their dissertations at the end of March. The questions and subjects seem somewhat devoid of academic rigour. 

I imagine that clicking on whatever link will fire some nice spyware into your phones or that your answering questions on the forum post will give some AI more information about you.

It's a brave new world lads.

I wonder if this is step forwards or backwards from spamming the forums at 5am with posts about uni's?

1 hour ago, East Calder Lion said:

I am currently abroad on holiday.  I had some chap come up asking to take a photo of me for their dissertation! 

I left school at 15 so no idea what this dissertation shit is all about. 

I skim read the tread...

It's about shagging after a meal  then smoking Marlboro.

HTH