When did your team shite it big time?

45 minutes ago, Stu_81 said:

Dons 1-4 United LC semi 2008 at Tynecastle was a collapse and a sore one that night. 

It was, as was losing the SC replay to Hibs 4-1 at Easter Road in 2007, and the QoS match the following year. I was at all these defeats.

I also saw Scotland shit the bed 1-3 against Egypt at Pittodrie in 1990 and 1-4 against Sweden at Easter Road in 2004. I don't think the Sweden game really mattered but the Egypt one was about 26 days before the aforementioned Costa Rica debacle.

2 minutes ago, rollstar said:

I also saw Scotland shit the bed 1-3 against Egypt at Pittodrie in 1990 and 1-4 against Sweden at Easter Road in 2004. I don't think the Sweden game really mattered but the Egypt one was about 26 days before the aforementioned Costa Rica debacle.

Bryan Gunn was in goal for the Egypt route, hope this isn't a family thing about big tournaments. 

56 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Coca cola cup final v Aberdeen.

I was at that one in the Dundee end with my dad.  

Dundee were indeed hopeless that day.  They posed no real threat at all.

7 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I was at that I'm sure - was it not 1-3?

United scored a fourth after Lee Miller got sent off. 

Was the first time I had witnessed father leaving before full time, going back to 94 season, that shocked me as much as the result that night. 

1 hour ago, rollstar said:

It was, as was losing the SC replay to Hibs 4-1 at Easter Road in 2007, and the QoS match the following year. I was at all these defeats.

I was "lucky" enough to attend that Sweden game.

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

We’ve blown chances of the top 6 on the final game before the split a couple of times.

Also, losing the cup final against a team whose biggest (only?) goal threat was their right back. 

20 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Lincoln Red Imps (thank f**k for second legs). Or Artmedia Bratislava anyone? 

I would also add the fairly Recent Copenhagen and Bodo/Glimt knock out games. Thought we had a real chance in both ties. But awful home performances put paid to that. 

16 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Might be before your time but neuchatel xamax?

Lost badly away in Switzerland, game back in Glasgow on BBC get pen after a couple of mins Charlie Nic blasts over bar, won on the night but a case of what might have been.

Uefa cup 1991, I should remember this but my brain lost a good few cells in the 90’s. 
Think I’ll investigate further, thanks. 

4 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Uefa cup 1991, I should remember this but my brain lost a good few cells in the 90’s. 
Think I’ll investigate further, thanks. 

Hossam Hassan, the current Egypt manager, scored 4 IIRC

Not read all the replies but in terms of St Mirren the classic must be either Hammarby in Europe or against Rangers in the cup. Both of those were really tough to take.

What I would say is that there is a flip side to this, where we do tend to pull out a result when we need it. Either the Motherwell 3-2 game or Hearts 1-0 games to avoid relegation springs to mind, or as just about any Saints fans remember, that crazy result that kept us in the Championship, can't remember off the top of my head who that was against, but I think either Stirling Albion or Arbroath. If we lost that game we'd have been relegated to the 3rd tier of Scottish football for the first time.

On 04/04/2024 at 14:04, AJF said:

St Johnstone at home in the Scottish Cup as well, when they scored with the last kick of extra time after Clarke had gone up and got his head to it. They went on to win on penalties.

Every time I see that goal back I'm forever confused how nobody seemed to notice, or mark, the 6ft3 beardy c**t in luminous green standing in the 6 yard box.

22 hours ago, Stu_81 said:

Dons 1-4 United LC semi 2008 at Tynecastle was a collapse and a sore one that night. 

That was a reasonable United team so not sure this totally counts, albeit it’s definitely in my top 10 for games I left absolutely seething. 

Unless you’re talking about jamie langfield specifically of course, who did absolutely shite it from a cup of coke. 

Fucking Minsk. We knocked out Rosenborg which was a huge achievement, then went away to Minsk and won 1-0.

We didn’t play well against an absolute rabble of cheats, but in the end they went through after winning the penalty shootout.

That was the first time in the history of St Johnstone FC that we lost a home European tie. A record we’d proudly kept in tact against Hamburg, Monaco, Eskisehirspor, Rosenborg amongst others..  then lost it to fucking Minsk.

On 04/04/2024 at 20:40, rollstar said:

Was at the Costa Rica debacle 😪

Wasn’t one game specifically, but we completely shat the bed in the split 2 seasons ago. 3 points ahead of 6th and due to play United and Motherwell at home, I was getting the passport out.

1 point from a possible 15.