Queens v Kelty

Just now, ALOREBURNE said:

Absolutely nobody is behind Bartley. He’s an absolute diddy who talks a good game but as you know he’s media trained. Clearly talked himself into a job…

It's been on repeat for most of the season on every internet page going the line "talked himself into a job" and quite frankly it's a load of nonsense. 

He's a rookie manager assistanted by a complete no hope given a budget of £2.99 working with a school camp. 

It was always going to be a gamble from the start.

Where the major problem has been is this comple basket case of a board made a major f*** up by giving him a 2 year deal so when it inevitably did turn sour we were financially stuck with him. 

On 05/04/2024 at 10:04, MazzyStar said:

Queens will make light work of this glorified pub team, which should be enough to avoid finishing 9th. 

A bit harsh, especially as they sit higher in the table than your team, they're only part-time too!

Just now, Kunter said:

He's a rookie manager assistanted by a complete no hope given a budget of £2.99 working with a school camp. 

Good job he's been shrewd with his budget then and not blown it on a 29 player squad...

1 minute ago, Robert Forbes said:

A bit harsh, especially as they sit higher in the table than your team, they're only part-time too!

You obviously don't know that no-one should take any notice of Mazzy. He'll enjoy the bites he's had though.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good job he's been shrewd with his budget then and not blown it on a 29 player squad...

Which is utterly ridiculous at this level & accies have done the same...as a bairn I knew mcguffie would be at best an enigma...can look like a world beater for a minute...just forget about the other 89 or so

If there is any justice in this world Bartley will never ever get another manager gig, not sure what his long term plan is but not at all suited to management.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

29 players on peanuts.  The board wanted a development squad and they signed the players off. 

It was never a promotion team.  No one could honesty look at this squad prior to the first league game and say, we were in with a good chance or, good quality squad. 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Which is utterly ridiculous at this level & accies have done the same...as a bairn I knew mcguffie would be at best an enigma...can look like a world beater for a minute...just forget about the other 89 or so

Indeed. Apparently he said some of the youngsters aren't good enough which is why they haven't featured. Why bloody sign them then? 

Tbh, I'd have McGuffie starting every game from here on in. Streets ahead of the boy keeping him out the side the now and unlike a lot of our squad he doesn't shit the bed on the ball. 

11 minutes ago, Kunter said:

It's been on repeat for most of the season on every internet page going the line "talked himself into a job" and quite frankly it's a load of nonsense. 

It was always going to be a gamble from the start.

Where the major problem has been is this comple basket case of a board made a major f*** up by giving him a 2 year deal so when it inevitably did turn sour we were financially stuck with him. 

He was giving a decent full time budget okay not on the level of Falkirk /Hamilton but more than enough to get us into the playoffs looks like he will do that !

He decided to go with a young squad of  29 odd  players rather than get some experience and quality into it.

Don't think Bartley has a clue what a decent player is look at Mumbongo no wonder Hamilton  don't want him.

He should have been sacked months ago take the financial hit  but all the board are leaving so they don't care let the new board  sort out the mess we are in .

Just now, Kunter said:

29 players on peanuts.  The board wanted a development squad and they signed the players off. 

It was never a promotion team.  No one could honesty look at this squad prior to the first league game and say, we were in with a good chance or, good quality squad. 

I'm not arguing that point. The point is he had a budget to bring in 29 players and should have used it better. 9 players less could have meant a better quality 20. 

I'm not defending the BoD by any means but Bartley can't wash his hands of this season's shitshow either. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not arguing that point. The point is he had a budget to bring in 29 players and should have used it better. 9 players less could have meant a better quality 20. 

I'm not defending the BoD by any means but Bartley can't wash his hands of this season's shitshow either. 

Totally agree about the squad size, but I'm not sure I'd let the BOD totally off the hook. Yes the manager identifies the players he'd like to sign, but surely it's the BOD that approves each player contract, appropriate level of checks and balances etc etc. I'd have liked to think the BOD would have questioned the wisdom of signing quantity rather than quality. So yes, the main blame lies with Bartley but the BOD have to be partly culpable too.

There literally can’t be any one connected with Queens who could conceivably want Bartley to be at our club one minute longer but we are somehow stuck with him. That home record for a FT club in L1 is an unmitigated disaster and an utter embarrassment to all concerned. 

The first half today was virtually impossible to do anything other than try and get a 0-0 and wait for the wind advantage. At 0-1 we should have been capable of at least winning the second half but failed miserably - created virtually nothing and having got back to 1-1 conceded a truly dreadful goal following a brilliant save from Stone.

Bartley’s tactics are truly pathetic. He goes with a back 3 in second half and deploys McKechnie as a LWB despite him being “all right foot” and totally out of touch.  I thought my day couldn’t get any worse until the Announcer names Kieran McKechnie as MOM. Honestly, you couldn’t make it up………………Todd was the only player who genuinely tried to make things happen for us but got little or no support. Bartley inexplicably shuns players who could actually give us a decent chance of getting out of this self inflicted nightmare - Ambrose, Reilly, Gibson and to a lesser extent McGuffie. Kilsby has been dreadful since joining us- he should have been hooked at HT but the fact that he was our only left footed defender saved him. 

We continue to “sleep walk” towards L2 - Manager and players should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

57 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Ok now I believe you boys are in real bother..stick or twist with Bartley?

That ship sailed months ago when our wonderful board of directors announced they were leaving en masse at the end of the season, leaving a completely rudderless ship heading straight for the rocks and Bartley sat at home each evening watching his beloved Arsenal on Sky.

The timing of that board announcement ... Jesus wept man ...

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

That ship sailed months ago when our wonderful board of directors announced they were leaving en masse at the end of the season, leaving a completely rudderless ship heading straight for the rocks and Bartley sat at home each evening watching his beloved Arsenal on Sky.

The timing of that board announcement ... Jesus wept man ...

In fairness, the best thing they have done in years is announcing they are standing down.

Mind you, if they had any leadership skills at all (which they don’t) they would have fired Marvin by November. 

Just in and don't really know what to say after watching that debacle.

Bartley is just clueless and if he thinks Mumbongo is the answer to playing a lone striker then heaven help us and league 2 here we come.

The most disappointing thing about today was the crowd wasn't big enough to get the Bartley, Bartley get tae f@ck get tae f@ck chant going!

3 hours ago, Artemis said:

At the risk of upsetting those who don’t believe statistics are relevant at this stage of the season, that is the 13th home league game Queens have played this season against teams not called Edinburgh or Annan and they have won precisely none of them. 
P13 W0 D3 L10.
Their home form continues to be a complete and utter disgrace.

Good grief. I knew your home form was poor, but that's astonishing.

9 minutes ago, printer said:

Not really if you'd seen and witnessed our manager!

but he talks a good game.

Edited by bod

54 minutes ago, printer said:

Well ... that's a very polite way of putting it ...

Two things for me today  and I know its ifs but if Connelly goal had stood it would have changed the momentum for the second half - was he off side I couldn't really tell and no one has commented on here about it.

Secondary we shot from outside the box and got a deflected goal, game changer, game on, heads up. What happens we make 3 changes and change system at the back. Horrendous defending allowed kelty player to waltz through our defence from the left wing, it just kept opening up in front of him but a great save from Stone. It would have been a great goal from kelty viewpoint. The resultant corner , Stone seemed to have it but didn't keep it then it should have been cleared. I'm thinking players did not know what they were doing , nothing new there, but changes didn't help and he should have held off 5-10mmins after scoring

Edited by queenslad