Hibs v St.Johnstone

Absolutely gutted I’m missing a Craig Levein disaster class. 

Who knows, he might actually make an effort considering it’s Hibs were playing, before returning to giving no fucks. 

Pre match build up of Levein talking about "natural order" and smirking.

80 minutes of 5-4-1 with the lone striker touching the ball 4 times, all outside the box, while the rest of the team die on their feet.

10 minutes of 5-3-2 and multiple subs as we go all out attack to try and claw back a point.

Post match reaction of Levein talking about "natural order" and smirking.

From our Chairman re: NM:

"He will be successful and take us on. His first pick of players came in January and they have made a big difference. He has been unlucky with injuries and lost some games due to bizarre VAR decisions. All these things happen in football but with a modicum of good luck - which he has not had up until now - he will be a very successful manager."

I'll have what he's having. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I'll have what he's having

Early start in the pub for me tomorrow so come match time I might be as incoherent as him....................

4 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

"He will be successful and take us on. His first pick of players came in January and they have made a big difference. He has been unlucky with injuries and lost some games due to bizarre VAR decisions. All these things happen in football but with a modicum of good luck - which he has not had up until now - he will be a very successful manager."

I suppose he has to back the manager in public at least. I mean he can't come out and say "F*ck me, I've picked a right steamer here, who'll be gone in the summer. Just like the last two idiots we picked..."

See also: Dave Cormack. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Think he might regret those words if we fail to make top 6. 

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Early start in the pub for me tomorrow so come match time I might be as incoherent as him....................

I have practiced my booing all week. 

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Levein hinting that 2 up top is his new thing. What a time to be alive.

Combined with Tony Gallachers interview, it also confirms that the back 5 is here to stay (again) too.

Never understand why we're stuck with managers who blindly back a back 5, panic and go to a back 4, see a massive upturn in performance, then go straight back to the back 5.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Combined with Tony Gallachers interview, it also confirms that the back 5 is here to stay (again) too.

Never understand why we're stuck with managers who blindly back a back 5, panic and go to a back 4, see a massive upturn in performance, then go straight back to the back 5.

Teams like St Johnstone can't play 4 at the back.

Might just be me but we never really played 5 at the back against Dundee, it was more a four with Gallacher playing left midfield and Robinson at full back behind him. The fact Gallacher played there while Carey sat on the bench was the issue and we don’t have any right sided players so just alternated between Max and Smith doing very little on that side. I’d imagine we’ll be along the same lines today, a team of old would frustrate Hibs and hit them with a late winner. This lot don’t have it in them. 

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Might just be me but we never really played 5 at the back against Dundee, it was more a four with Gallacher playing left midfield and Robinson at full back behind him. The fact Gallacher played there while Carey sat on the bench was the issue and we don’t have any right sided players so just alternated between Max and Smith doing very little on that side. I’d imagine we’ll be along the same lines today, a team of old would frustrate Hibs and hit them with a late winner. This lot don’t have it in them. 

Gallacher on the left makes it back 5 for me, regardless of how it ends up looking.

The winds are absolutely hammering it down in Leith, think my flat is away to blow over.

Potentially season defining today, a Craig Leven 1-0 shitfest seems to blindingly obvious.