Raith Rovers Vs Ayr United

Raith go in to this off the back of a bad result at the weekend. If this weekend is to follow the plot of the rest of the season, Raith will win and Dundee United will drop points. 

Ayr have a win one lose one record and go in to this one on the back of a win, so……….

Draw

image.jpeg.73b199a5e2b7fb17de1d828bae83e617.jpeg

Fear not Rovers fans, on our current Loss then win form we are due to lose this one before beating Morton, losing to Arbroath and most importantly for you winning at Tannadice. 

58 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Fear not Rovers fans, on our current Loss then win form we are due to lose this one before beating Morton, losing to Arbroath and most importantly for you winning at Tannadice. 

Deal 

The club update seemed to suggest that Dempsey will be back in the squad for this one although I’m not sure I’d be starting him. Syla went off against Airdrie although it looked like cramp so I’m hoping he’s okay for this one. My main worry is Murphy. He did a power of running in the last game and played the full 90 minutes so I’m hoping he has come through it okay. 

We could conceivably have to play a back four of Tomlinson, Sanders, McGinty, McAllister. 

You'd have to think Euan Murray misses this one after his head knock at Tannadice, so Scott Brown will continue in defence. 

Quite simply, Ross Matthews or Shaun Byrne must play. Nothing against Kyle Turner, but we can't just play a bunch of attacking midfielders again and expect to have any semblance of control. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr have a win one lose one record and go in to this one on the back of a win, so……….

This has been our pattern for the last 8 games starting with the defeat to Rangers.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We need 9 points from these 3 home games. Anything less and it's all over. 

7. The absolute number is 7, IMO. Yea, we want 9, but 7 and it’s still in play.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

7. The absolute number is 7, IMO. Yea, we want 9, but 7 and it’s still in play.

In theory I agree but I expect us to drop some points in 2 away matches after these games so think we need the full 9. 

10 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Home Win or we need to start preparing for the playoffs.

I’d say there’s no time like the present to start preparing for the playoffs. I’d be resting your entire first 11 and going with your youth team on Saturday. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.

do it jewish GIF

Reckon preparing for the playoffs is a good call.  Then anything better is a bonus..

Hopefully though Morton or Airdrie get their game together to claim 4th over the Pars, as I can see us Raithing it against them in the playoff semi (they ARE due us one as the league games have all been close wins for us).

As to the game, hopefully we play players in their right positions for a change.  Matthews MUST start.  

Edited by Heid_The_Baw