St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And a 20 minutes later update. It is now blowin a hooley 🤣🤣

Welcome to Scotland 🤣

Yup, literally just started getting a bit windy up the minches (ooh err missus, titter ye not) in Cumbernauld. Literally went from nothing to a stiff breeze in the time it takes me to post shite on P&B.

4 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

A lightweight midfield and zero people to hold the ball up top in fairly windy conditions. 

It's a bold strategy but I'm feeling rather bittersweet for taking St. Mirren @ 7/4s

Finding it impossible to imagine that lineup not getting utterly bullied. I had a similar vibe before the 3-0 at Pittodrie last year.

I think draw is the absolute best we can hope for now but I've chucked a few quid on St Mirren -1.

Not convinced by that lineup.

Shankland out obviously a blow but confidence Kenny will do well enough, more frustrated that we probably should be playing Oda and Forrest up with him rather than just Forrest. Looks a bit lacking in attacking quality.

Edited by Tony Wonder

XgMvEHv.png

Like has been said by a few people, and I agree with it, it only take a bit of a swirling wind to ruin a game.

However the SPFL are clearly desperate for this game to go on, same for the Dundee one, down to the split being so close.

Funny Gogic was on AVFTT last night singing VARs praises, wonder what he'd say if he was asked at half time.

HT 0-1

Been a rubbish game, wind is running it really. Both teams have been poor and there haven’t really been any chances.

We had the wind behind us all half, cunningly decided not to use it to our advantage at all. Free kick on the half time whistle there and a chance to hang a ball up in the wind. Decided to play it short, messed it up, then it was half time. Summed the half up.

The VAR handball penalty for Hearts is the only thing that’s really happened.

Eyes on Easter Road second half, hopefully Saintees hold on. Can’t see us coming back to win this with the wind in our face second half - hope I’m wrong! 

Awful game. 

That free kick in the last minute sums up our performance. Everything we do is far too slow. Toyosi has had a few moments where he looks like he can get at Rowles but invariably ends up on his arse. One of Kilties quieter games as well. 

There have been loads of shite handball calls since VAR came in but that one was pretty straightforward imo. His arm was out from his body and it blocked a goalbound shot.

Nothing else has happened. Managing the game well enough but it's frustrating how often we've turned the ball over and then ended up going backwards.