Arbroath v Airdrieonians

Had a bit of worry when I saw the team like others, I guess, but McMaster & Lyall in the middle did well scooping up second balls and developing the play. The defence looked reasonably solid in a three and as much as it’s nice to know we can play that way I don’t think it should be our first choice. Feel for McGregor as it didn’t really come off for tonight, but showed some decent pace closing down.

All in all a reasonably routine performance, and with a confident CalGal who scores a hat trick it really could have been 5 or 6. Was the free kick deflected or did it just go through the keeper?

2 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Stream was lagging behind there, just seen the deflected free kick 😳😳😳 how embarrassing, just excited about the win and think we'll stay up now 😬

Love a Tuesday night victory irrespective of score. Think we'll be fine now as well.

2 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Had a bit of worry when I saw the team like others, I guess, but McMaster & Lyall in the middle did well scooping up second balls and developing the play. The defence looked reasonably solid in a three and as much as it’s nice to know we can play that way I don’t think it should be our first choice. Feel for McGregor as it didn’t really come off for tonight, but showed some decent pace closing down.

All in all a reasonably routine performance, and with a confident CalGal who scores a hat trick it really could have been 5 or 6. Was the free kick deflected or did it just go through the keeper?

I thought it took a couple of deflections, didn’t think there was much the keeper could have done. 

20 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I thought it took a couple of deflections, didn’t think there was much the keeper could have done. 

It did indeed deflect of Cammy. 

Keeper was getting it otherwise. 

Shoukd have been about 4-5. Airdrie actually played some decent football considering we rested a few players. 

Arbroath were absolutely terrible. Genuinely zero football played by them. The penalty wasn’t a penalty and the free kick for the goal wasn’t a free kick. 

10 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Had a bit of worry when I saw the team like others, I guess, but McMaster & Lyall in the middle did well scooping up second balls and developing the play. 

Finished watching the game back after a shitemare shift.Thought our play from second balls was everything we didn't do against  Ayr and helped keep the pressure on Arbroath for decent spells,especially second half where we bossed the game, same again on Saturday plz.

Props to the Arbroath TV commentary team,sounded like a smokie accented version of my mob where the last thing you talk about is the game itself when your team isn't performing,we've all been there. #ricflairwoooo

1 minute ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

Finished watching the game back after a shitemare shift.Thought our play from second balls was everything we didn't do against  Ayr and helped keep the pressure on Arbroath for decent spells,especially second half where we bossed the game, same again on Saturday plz.

Props to the Arbroath TV commentary team,sounded like a smokie accented version of my mob where the last thing you talk about is the game itself when your team isn't performing,we've all been there. #ricflairwoooo

The commentator does the post match interviews and opened the interview with McIntyre by saying we’ve just lost 2-0 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The commentator does the post match interviews and opened the interview with McIntyre by saying we’ve just lost 2-0 

He ignored Abroath’s goal as much as he ignored the T in the name Ballantyne. “Cammy Ballan-ine” 😂Enjoyed his commentary though, he was like Scottish footballs answer to Jerry The King Lawler.  

What about the Arbroath players diving for the penalty and also the free kick for the goal. Guessing that is what they have been practising in training rather than passing

14 hours ago, Aufc said:

Shoukd have been about 4-5. Airdrie actually played some decent football considering we rested a few players. 

Arbroath were absolutely terrible. Genuinely zero football played by them. The penalty wasn’t a penalty and the free kick for the goal wasn’t a free kick. 

32 minutes ago, Aufc said:

What about the Arbroath players diving for the penalty and also the free kick for the goal. Guessing that is what they have been practising in training rather than passing

Jesus wept, the absolute  nick of this, you won the game, you’ve had a terrific season, but they’re is enough so called “billy big boys” in this league, without adding too it, so behave yourself

10 hours ago, ecto said:

Jesus wept, the absolute  nick of this, you won the game, you’ve had a terrific season, but they’re is enough so called “billy big boys” in this league, without adding too it, so behave yourself

😂😂 calm down it was just a joke mate