Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

Rangers heading into this one with a crucial advantage after our preferred referee has been appointed to officiate it.

VIP area of the Crown Bar has already been booked out with meet and greet and photo opportunities being advertised following the match.

In seriousness, it’s probably a game we need to win if we want to win the title, with a difficult post-split fixture list looking likely which will include our visit to Celtic Park.

Lundstram and Diomande seem to be almost certs to start. The question remains over who joins them. If we opt for Cantwell, we risk being overrun by Celtic’s midfield, while if we go with Sterling, we sacrifice a large potential attacking threat.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Rangers heading into this one with a crucial advantage after our preferred referee has been appointed to officiate it.

VIP area of the Crown Bar has already been booked out with meet and greet and photo opportunities being advertised following the match.

In seriousness, it’s probably a game we need to win if we want to win the title, with a difficult post-split fixture list looking likely which will include our visit to Celtic Park.

Lundstram and Diomande seem to be almost certs to start. The question remains over who joins them. If we opt for Cantwell, we risk being overrun by Celtic’s midfield, while if we go with Sterling, we sacrifice a large potential attacking threat.

Your first two paragraphs are more accurate than you think.

I don’t have us down as favourites in this one but you never know - If we’re at our best and Rangers are too then we’ll skelp them. If we’re not at our best and they are then we’re fucked. I’d take a draw tbh and hope to beat them at Celtic Park after the split.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Sterling to start. Cantwell to come on as a sub.

2 - 2 our defence still gives me the fear when the balls are played through the middle. 

No doubt we'll have the usual gaggle of ex celtic players pressurising the ref in the build up to the game,  a shame that celtic were too huffy accept tickets for this.

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

😂😂 ally doesn’t let the mask slip too often but when he does its always funny. 

He was already up to his knees in EBTs I suppose, what’s a bit of open sectarianism from a pundit eh?

Beaton to trip over his apron and miss a stonewall penalty for the H*ns. VAR not able to check as The R&ngers hadn't submitted their meter readings before the rate cap decrease which sent them over their £5 emergency credit. Wont affect the outcome though as what goes around comes around apparently.

Looking forward to this one, lots at stake and let’s just hope it’s the football we’re taking about when the result is in. 
Great to have CCV and Hatate fit for this, just a shame we could miss a fully firing McGregor and of course I think Palma could’ve done some damage at Ibrox if he was available. 

This could really go either way, my fear is Rangers could indeed, with Beaton calling the shots, shithouse their way to a victory. 
That being said, Celtic no longer have that blistering start to games and it usually takes them a full half to find their way to goal.

2 hours ago, stressball said:

image.thumb.png.14ed0641064b7c9deaa4f3715c0abecf.png

Off to a good start 

In this day and age should McMoist not be losing his jobs over that comment?. Basically admitting he will be wading up to his knee's in ****** blood. Astonishingly silly thing to come out with!!

Edited by Sting777

I wonder if there is a decision made following a VAR intervention that Celtic disagree with if Rodgers will hold the VAR responsible rather than the on-field referee that makes the final decision like he did following the Hearts match.

Something tells me Beaton will be the one in the firing line regardless if there does happen to be such an incident.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I am certain that Celtic fans won't complain about this referee appointment since they don't do paranoia at Parkhead. 

See what you did there.

2 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Beaton to trip over his apron and miss a stonewall penalty for the H*ns. VAR not able to check as The R&ngers hadn't submitted their meter readings before the rate cap decrease which sent them over their £5 emergency credit. Wont affect the outcome though as what goes around comes around apparently.

My only contribution to this thread is to point out that the masons are secular and not anti-catholic. The catholic church, however, forbade their flock from joining the masons in 1738 in response to their promotion of such wildly evil philosophies such as equality.

Thank you for listening I hope everyone enjoys the game and that football is the real winner.

30 minutes ago, velo army said:

My only contribution to this thread is to point out that the masons are secular and not anti-catholic. The catholic church, however, forbade their flock from joining the masons in 1738 in response to their promotion of such wildly evil philosophies such as equality.

Thank you for listening I hope everyone enjoys the game and that football is the real winner.

No, thank you - your contributions are most erudite. And you’ll be back, you know you will…😉

3 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Looking forward to this one, lots at stake and let’s just hope it’s the football we’re taking about when the result is in. 

We all know that whoever loses will be slating the officials regardless of the rights and wrongs of it.