Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

A whole two matches? Wow.

Celtic, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Hibs, Dundee, Livingston, Motherwell and Rangers. A list of teams Clancy has officiated exactly twice this season.

He has only been appointed a St Mirren match once, which means the only sides he has officiated more than twice are Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone.

So aye, try as you might to make it seem like two matches is low to somehow fit a narrative, it’s actually the norm.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Long thread ahead for @AJF, sad that none of his fellow bears help him out. 

I'm sure they'll all appear if Rangers win. A truly pathetic bunch of fans.

Have to say I've enjoyed Celtic fans complaining of a "Beaton conspiracy", considering hes awarded them a penalty in 3 of 4 games this season, and the only time he didn't they were winning until the last minute.

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Long thread ahead for @AJF, sad that none of his fellow bears help him out. 

You know me, an arbiter of truth. As long as unfounded claims are made, I'll be here!

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Celtic, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Hibs, Dundee, Livingston, Motherwell and Rangers. A list of teams Clancy has officiated exactly twice this season.

He has only been appointed a St Mirren match once, which means the only sides he has officiated more than twice are Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone.

So aye, try as you might to make it seem like two matches is low to somehow fit a narrative, it’s actually the norm.

It was the way that you were wanting it to appear that two was a huge number of matches.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have to say I've enjoyed Celtic fans complaining of a "Beaton conspiracy", considering hes awarded them a penalty in 3 of 4 games this season, and the only time he didn't they were winning until the last minute.

Lots of chat online how the officials were out to get them at Tynecastle. Blows my mind that they fail to see they got what could be said a debateable penalty 1st. If the officials are out to get you they would deny you a stonewaller, not give you one with enough doubt to get away with not giving it. Also it is a very risky game if you are officiating with the intention of making sure the OF get beat by giving them a penalty 1st, they score that they probably win the game, no blame is put on the fact they actually missed it.

6 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

I'll be more confident of a win if McGregor is back for this one. Having Carter-Vickers back in the squad is a boost too. Big decision up front is whether to start Kyogo or Idah.

I know Hatate is back but I can't decide if it's too risky starting them both. I think Kyogos record against them means he starts for me.

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was the way that you were wanting it to appear that two was a huge number of matches.

I really wasn't. I was simply using the fact that he had officiated two of our matches this season as evidence to refute the claim that he hadn't taken charge of a match involving us since a complaint.

It was you that went on to emphasise the amount.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I know Hatate is back but I can't decide if it's too risky starting them both. I think Kyogos record against them means he starts for me.

Hatate playing that bounce game plus the game against Livi makes me more confident of starting him. I fully expect it to be McGregor, Hatate, O'Riley if all three are fit. Iwata and Bernardo should be good options from the bench.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I could've sworn the last Old Firm was at Ibrix.

Nah, Parkhead. 2-1 but should have had them very dead and buried.

Weirdly my biggest memory of the game is Taylor screaming at Mikey Johnston to stop wandering away from his man.