Brother Beaton v Celtic: Apr 7th - 12:00

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s clearly a first choice in the Scotland midfield and arguably the best option we have. 

You honestly think that McGregor is the best midfielder Scotland have at our disposal just now?

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t say it was anti-Celtic or in any way imply it, what I am saying is it’s an awful decision for both VAR to consider it to be clear and obvious and secondly for Beaton to not stand by his original decision.

But that’s a view that’s not exclusive to me or just Celtic fans, you can just read this thread to see that

You were being very clever, and you know it. Rather than highlight the shortcomings of your team, you concentrated on a decision that, having now watched it a load of times, could have gone either way.

10 minutes ago, Molotov said:

You honestly think that McGregor is the best midfielder Scotland have at our disposal just now?

That isn’t what I said. I said he’s a first pick in midfield and it’s arguable that he’s the best midfielder we’ve got. Mainly in response to you deriding that view because he misplaced a pass. 

I don’t know why you think it’s such a ridiculous shout. 

Right, I’m away. Todays circus is done. Enjoyed the clowns and the freaks but more so the hot takes on said clowns and freaks. To all the non old firm fans, respect. We could all have chosen to be gloryseeking wanks under the auspices of “aye but my grandads carers mums hairdresser is married to a guy that supports (insert sectarian A or B)” . See you all for the next circus freak show. Special mention to every single decent old firm fan. Both of you.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

Right, I’m away. Todays circus is done. Enjoyed the clowns and the freaks but more so the hot takes on said clowns and freaks. To all the non old firm fans, respect. We could all have chosen to be gloryseeking wanks under the auspices of “aye but my grandads carers mums hairdresser is married to a guy that supports (insert sectarian A or B). See you all for the next circus freak show. Special mention to every single decent old firm fan. Both of you.

Well, that's me ok. Who's the other one?

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Right, I’m away. Todays circus is done. Enjoyed the clowns and the freaks but more so the hot takes on said clowns and freaks. To all the non old firm fans, respect. We could all have chosen to be gloryseeking wanks under the auspices of “aye but my grandads carers mums hairdresser is married to a guy that supports (insert sectarian A or B)” . See you all for the next circus freak show. Special mention to every single decent old firm fan. Both of you.

Trying a wee bit too hard chum. Nice that you enjoyed it though. 

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

A thought occurred watching that today - can you name a Portuguese footballer that ISN’T a cheating c**t?  Let’s say other than Eusebio.

Rui Manuel Costa, one of the finest midfield players ever to grace a football field.

Absolutely schooled Beckham and his pals from 0-2 down at Euro 2000.

No dives ever necessary in his toolkit.

Edited by Barney Rubble

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, that's me ok. Who's the other one?

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Trying a wee bit too hard chum. Nice that you enjoyed it though. 

Not Pete. Pete’s still hurting from licking a dog shit on Glasgow Green.

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t say it was anti-Celtic or in any way imply it, what I am saying is it’s an awful decision for both VAR to consider it to be clear and obvious and secondly for Beaton to not stand by his original decision.

But that’s a view that’s not exclusive to me or just Celtic fans, you can just read this thread to see that

So you dont think the ref booking a player for a dive when he was fouled in the box isn't a clear an obvious error? 

And if thats not a clear an obvious error, what part of dessers goal is the foul (which was a good numbers of seconds before the ball hit the net) not being awarded "clear and obvious" yet you are not having an issue with that one

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You were being very clever, and you know it. Rather than highlight the shortcomings of your team, you concentrated on a decision that, having now watched it a load of times, could have gone either way.

Except for the fact that I did, in my very first post after the game where I referred to our shitebag second half performance. 

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The ref thought the currant dived.  It was clear and obvious he didn't dive.

35 minutes ago, Molotov said:

He's not but he makes the team tick.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d recommend listening to these games on the radio. Tremendous entertainment spoiled only by the idiots talking over the seethe from the stands. 

Ha, same, I was out so listening to it in the car, the noise of absolute glee Pat Bonner made when the Dessers goal was disallowed had me howling.

11 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

So you dont think the ref booking a player for a dive when he was fouled in the box isn't a clear an obvious error? 

And if thats not a clear an obvious error, what part of dessers goal is the foul (which was a good numbers of seconds before the ball hit the net) not being awarded "clear and obvious" yet you are not having an issue with that one

No because it was in my opinion a dive hence why he was falling before any contact 

And the number of seconds before the ball hit the net is an irrelevance since what starts the attacking phase of play is always looked and the big difference between AJ’s tackle and the one on Iwata is that AJ actually got the ball. Small differences but important ones

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The ref thought the currant dived.  It was clear and obvious he didn't dive.

You think that challenge was enough to bring him down? And if so why start falling prior to it happening? 

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Struggling to find decent highlights of this game online. Thought Sky usually upload it fairly sharpish.

It involved both Rangers and Celtic, nothing decent about those two.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

You think that challenge was enough to bring him down? And if so why start falling prior to it happening? 

Yes.  Because he's a cheat.  

Still a clear foul and penalty though.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No because it was in my opinion a dive hence why he was falling before any contact 

And the number of seconds before the ball hit the net is an irrelevance since what starts the attacking phase of play is always looked and the big difference between AJ’s tackle and the one on Iwata is that AJ actually got the ball. Small differences but important ones

Getting the ball doesn't define if theres a foul or not, johnson nicks the ball then brings his foot up and catches silva on the knee

Does he make a meal of it, damn right, but is it a foul, yes it is, so for the ref to award a dive and a yellow for what was shown as contact and a foul in the box is a clear abd obvious error

Was it a clear and obvious error when the ref missed the foul in the build up to dessers goal? Yes or no?