Airdrieonians vs Morton

5 hours ago, Pedro1874 said:

I cant help but view this game as a must win rather than a must-not-lose, given our remaining home games being against the top two, and 2 away games being direct rivals for the play offs, 1 against a team we have a horrendous record against in recent years and 1 against an ICT team that may have it all to play for to avoid the playoff spot on the final day,  

Airdrie on firs glace have a tougher looking final 6, but i feel the likes of Patrick will have downed tools by the time they face them if they have guaranteed a play-off place by that point.  so IMO we need to be picking up max points from this. I don't think it would be a terrible idea to Drop Muirhead for this one (nothing against the lad on the whole) get a Combination of Bearne and Garrity/McGrattan/Quitongo (prefered to rile the home fans)  to inject some pace in the wide channels  behind Oakley.  We've lacked alot of positive attacking play since George got injured and been far too static in the front line forcing us back far too often and resorting to hit and hope long balls.  

Dougie is never dropping Muirhead unfortunately with him being our top scorer, set piece taker etc.

I like the big man but shouldn't be undroppable especially when not doing enough in games. 

We started like a train the last time against Airdrie with Garrity and Quitongo on the wings. We looked so dangerous and both were involved in our 2 early goals.

I'd play one of them alongside Bearne abd give the big man a rest but Dougie won't. Muirhead can still be dangerous off the bench.

It's probably the one criticism you can aim at Dougie with his loyalty to Blues and Muirhead. Good players but shouldn't simply walk into the starting 11 every week. No doubt when Wilson comes back, he keeps Blues in the team and moves him to right wing!( I like Blues too btw)

However, in Dougie we trust etc etc.

8 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Love that the previous game is still on your mind. 

Big. Bad. Airdrie. 

Tremendous stuff. 

Very much so, it was a terrific win. Can understand why you’d rather erase it from memory though. 

22 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Will Oakley be wrapped in bubble wrap to protect him from ATS?

After the last butchering, it’s not bubble wrap he needs. It’s a suit of fucking armour.

I'm the biggest defender of Muirhead, but if there's any game to drop him it's Saturday. Been very ineffectual against Airdrie in the 4 games so far this season and we've got another 2 games in the 6 days after this that we'd maybe be better off resting him for all things considered. Looked at times like he could be doing with a game on the bench, but he has that rare ability to pull something out of the bag even when he's tired/underperforming so you're sacrificing that.

Bearne - Oakley - Quitongo from the start and get running at the backline. 

19 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Big bad Airdrie, but let's look at this seasons disciplinary table. I wonder who is top of the dirty b*****d ratings? 🤔

Probably the most boring argument on this website, but if you're so insistent on this odd hatchet men vs well-behaved team of sweethearts concept, you'll be shocked when you see who's closing in on top spot of the official SPFL 'dirty b*****d ratings'. 

image.png.fe4a5e457746caa39f0370bc2a81355a.png

43 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Big bad Airdrie, but let's look at this seasons disciplinary table. I wonder who is top of the dirty b*****d ratings? 🤔

Screenshot_20240404_103630.jpg

Averaging 3 yellow cards a game is mental 

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

Airdrie to win by 4 and VT to be on the verge on tears

Obviously been on the Bucky again.

3 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Probably the most boring argument on this website, but if you're so insistent on this odd hatchet men vs well-behaved team of sweethearts concept, you'll be shocked when you see who's closing in on top spot of the official SPFL 'dirty b*****d ratings'. 

image.png.fe4a5e457746caa39f0370bc2a81355a.png

Mate that would have been absolute fine had Morton not been top of that table as well. 

Will always try and be neutral when it comes to praise for the other team. From what I’ve saw this season against us Muirhead has looked garbage. Not the player I remember from the play offs a few seasons back.

Very very impressed with a few of your guys though Crawford and Oakley to no one’s surprise but also O’Connor and Strapp missing a few games against us helped. 

As for the game itself I always feel Morton are a hard side to beat regardless of form or squads and would take a draw. The injuries and run of games isn’t helping though and sadly I feel we lose this by a goal. Would love to be wrong and if we could I’d throw everything we can at this game and Dunfermline next Saturday with changes for the midweek fixture. That’s the 2 most crucial game of the run in to me. 

Edited by diamond_for_life

4 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Mate that would have been absolute fine had Morton not been top of that table as well. 

Nah, I'm happy to take the crown this year, just disproving Glenmavis Diamond's point. 

1 minute ago, diamond_for_life said:

Very very impressed with a few of your guys though Crawford and Oakley to no one’s surprise but also O’Connor and Strapp missing a few games against us helped. 

O'Connor's been dropped after a few dodgy performances and Strapp seems to be injured again. Waters and Broadfoot have done well in replacing them though, need the 2 of them to step up on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

Nah, I'm happy to take the crown this year, just disproving Glenmavis Diamond's point. 

O'Connor's been dropped after a few dodgy performances and Strapp seems to be injured again. Waters and Broadfoot have done well in replacing them though, need the 2 of them to step up on Saturday.

What worried me about Broadfoot was a season languishing in the lowland league then back to the championship I thought he would be done. Fair play if he’s stepped up. I also liked the young boy Bearne who played in the cup game but I don’t know how he done overall.

Muirhead won't be dropped and whether we like it or not Dougie right to play him. He's our top goalscorers this season and has a few assists too.

Hoping it's the same starting 11 as we had against QP although IF strapp and Wilson were back they'd rightly be in contention.

Been really tight games against Airdrie this season and this one will be the same. They're a good side that try to play football. Sometimes maybe overplaying however they have to be commended for sticking to their principles and style. 

Must win for us and I think we'll sneak by the odd goal.