Airdrieonians vs Morton

Airdrie have been immense here and their press has killed us, but fucking hell, even discounting the extent to which we only look bad because Airdrie have been so good, this has been appalling. Even with every Airdrie player being very good Power has probably been their best player.

The first goal doesn't happen if he doesn't f**k about in midfield when he'd had plenty of time for an easy pass, and that's twice in four games we've gone 1-0 down that way. That was in the second minute and he's only gone downhill from there. Broadfoot hasn't been much better, and while I'd be looking at Mullen for the second too it's primarily on him.

There's always a chance we fluke an equaliser at 1-0, but we're not getting back in a game from two down and it could have been more already. We've had a couple of chances through extremely lucky breaks of the ball and if we're still fucking those up, scoring twice in 45 minutes really isn't likely.

No idea how the officials bottled the decision after that brawl in the box. A Morton player on top of Hancock with hands at his neck and somehow we get three bookings and they get two because some of our boys had the audacity to drag the man off him. Atrocious decision.

As for Morton more generally, what an embarrassing shambles of a team. Biggest hammer throwers we’ve played all season and crap at football too. One of our best performances of the season imo.

Well that was extremely pleasing.

Imrie slowly losing the plot as the game progressed was nice to watch and you guys must be so happy Oakley is back, he truly did make the difference today. 

Imries interview with Garif will be a joy to watch later. 

♦️

Disappointed with that. We had a real chance to kick the shit out of Morton today and close the gap at the top of the fouls and bookings table but they were just too good. Absolute kicked and fouled their way through 90 mins and I can see them being run away leaders come seasons end. Well deserved but they will be disappointed to escape a red card today which would have sealed it. 

Oh well we gave it our best but weren’t a patch on the cloggers of Greenock. I suppose I will need to console myself with a skooshed 3-1 win pushing clear of them in the race for the final play off position. I guess I will settle for that

Edited by diamond_for_life

15 hours ago, ??? said:

mate your supporter ran the line at Cappielow back in the day and was dodgy. gees a greet.

The red diamond ♦️to hopefully prevail 

get it up ye's ya fucking bunnets.

THE RED DIAMOND ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️