Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Yes we've had a pitch inspection, but what about second pitch inspection?

Hearing there will be a break midway through the first half for a 3:30 pitch inspection. You can't be too sure.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I assume it's the official match ref who's given the go ahead - unless it starts raining heavily again I think they'll play to a finish. 

I'd also assume the ref has been leant on to get this to go ahead.

A couple of bad injuries in the first 10/15 minutes would change his mind. There could be a huge fallout from the decision to play on that pitch.

14 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Someone is getting leaned on to pass that. 

100%. Last day of last season the fog at Cove was obviously requiring the game to be abandoned. The ref was was not allowed to abandon it because it was the last day and the SPFL weren't having games taking place at different times, we ended up scoring the winner from 30 yards and while it was a good hit, I have serious doubts about the keeper being able to see it before it was 10 yards in front of him.

Similar thing here with the split impending. The ref's been told the game has to go ahead no matter what, because that pitch is clearly not playable.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be called all the names under the sun for saying it, but it's genuinely a disgrace that it's been allowed. That's a major hazard for players who are absolutely going over ankles on that part of the pitch.

Not as major a hazard for Mellon as it was the last time St Johnstone came to Dens.

Absolutely amazes me that people think that after watching a clip on X they are better placed than a qualified match official to deem whether the pitch should be declared playable or not.

Just now, craigkillie said:

This is fairly pathetic to be honest, all worried about the players getting a wee bit wet and muddy.

Is it? The bounce of that ball in the videos earlier should be giving cause for concern, I reckon and I think that's what Motherwell are referring to rather than players slipping or playing in a bog.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Absolutely amazes me that people think that after watching a clip on X they are better placed than a qualified match official to deem whether the pitch should be declared playable or not.

We have the benefit of not being forced to say its playable by our employers.

Anyone with a brain can see that massive sandpit is a massive hazard to the players.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is fairly pathetic to be honest, all worried about the players getting a wee bit wet and muddy.

You’re at it here surely Craig? 

Theres’s clear potential for injury on that pitch with large patches of sand that will play and cope differently to the grass

Just now, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Get it ploughed up and enjoy the fallout when the game is either postponed on Wednesday or the rangers blame the pitch for losing the title after dropping points playing in a quagmire 

Bet you anything the Wednesday night game will be moved to a neutral venue.

Like any right minded person, I think Dundee are a horrible little club. 

HOWEVER... seeing the absolute seethe and heads gone this pitch debacle has caused, especially from the currant buns, has increased my appreciation of Dundee tenfold. Good job lads, and keep it up 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We have the benefit of not being forced to say its playable by our employers.

Anyone with a brain can see that massive sandpit is a massive hazard to the players.

Just to place you on record are you saying that the referee is being forced by his employer to declare a pitch that is not playable (and therefore not safe) playable?   Other than observing the pitch on X I don’t suppose you have some firm evidence to back your conspiracy theory?  Will definitely be interesting if there are any insurance claims should a player become injured.

Did Motherwell suffer many career ending injuries in home games when it was Fir Park that was an absolute disgrace a few seasons back? Fir Park is braw’ these days, but it closely resembled the current Dens Park surface, if not worse.

So much seethe over very little.

Deduct points?  When has that ever happened as a consequences of a waterlogged pitch?

Games off - what a joke

Games on what a joke.

Well done the folks of Dundee in making the pitch playable today.Ive seen much worse.