Clyde Vs Stranraer, New Douglas Park Links

This is a big one we need the players to be up for this one, another Stenny performance would be appreciated but any type of win will do. With Kabia suspended I'd go for 

Kinnear

Lyon Howie Hamilton McGinn 

Grant Ballantyne

Scullion Leitch King

Allan 

I'd like to see Leitch starting in a more advanced 10 role to support Jordan and hopefully use the width of the park well, this will be tough I'd imagine Stranraer will sit which we have struggled with in the past. 

Sensible pricing for the game £10 and £5 hopefully a decent crowd and performance.

I'm sure the fanzone will have plenty of sand wedges available 

1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

This is a big one we need the players to be up for this one, another Stenny performance would be appreciated but any type of win will do. With Kabia suspended I'd go for 

Kinnear

Lyon Howie Hamilton McGinn 

Grant Ballantyne

Scullion Leitch King

Allan 

I'd like to see Leitch starting in a more advanced 10 role to support Jordan and hopefully use the width of the park well, this will be tough I'd imagine Stranraer will sit which we have struggled with in the past. 

Sensible pricing for the game £10 and £5 hopefully a decent crowd and performance.

I'm sure the fanzone will have plenty of sand wedges available 

Now that's what the defence should be . But McCall doesn't seem to fancy Mcginn for some reason. Rennie was fine at Stenny playing just behind Allan and not as deep as recently. Just hope McCall plays folk in their right positions hopefully a decent crowd. Also please start fast with aggression and a fast tempo not the tepid starts as in the last 2 games. 

There was talk on Facebook a few weeks ago of the golfers running a bus to this one. 
Would be a bit of fun if they turned up in plus fours. 
As for the football, I don’t want to think about that just yet. 

Kinnaer

Dunachie Sula Hamilton(C) McGinn

Cuddihy Ballantyne Grant Scullion

Rennie JA9

This for me is our perfect lineup, I’ve heard a lot of Sula slagging commenting on how he is a “bombscare” although Howie really gives me the fear when he goes on his mad runs. Barry Cuddihy played RM in the playoffs last year and I thought he was phenomenal there. 3pts is all I’m asking for 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪

Funny how we all see things differently,

I think Dunnachie at RB and Sula at CH together is an absolute nightmare scenario. Coupled with the form Cudihay is showing just now, it’s certainly not the line up I’d choose. 
That said, the deckchairs have been shuffled around relentlessly so who knows what we will see on Saturday. 

Wasn't at the away game against Stranraer, but led to believe we were bullied in that game and to an extent the same happened last time they came to NDP, so we really need to handle that and try to maintain a high tempo as much as possible. Huge game as me goes without saying we have we have to take any chances we are presented with.. defending set pieces as ever is the worry. 

By all accounts, Grant showed up quite well at Peterhead, so hopefully we can put an end the Howie in midfield madness and shift him to centre or right back, depending on whether it's Lyon or Sula that McCall's tombola machine least fancies on Saturday morning. Cuddihy's a weird one; it feels like these persistent injuries wreck any rhythm he's finding in his game and then, when he does recover some form, he's swiftly out for a few weeks with another niggle. He and Ballantyne have been big disappointments of late though; I had high hopes for the latter but he hasn't shown much at all, work rate aside. If we're ever going to start Robbie Leitch again then it should probably be at home, but he's been a massive disappointment too after a bright debut and strikes me as a deluxe Euan Cameron type, who trains well enough to be rated but never really makes a mark on games.

A draw doesn't kill us completely I don't think but, given our recent mini-dip in form, that or a defeat would be a big old step towards confirming 10th place. A win hauls us off bottom and big-time hands us the impetus heading into the last handful of fixtures, so hopefully we can show up in one of these games again and not hand out any freebies like we did at Bonnyrigg and Peterhead (x4).

I think 3 of the back 4 takes care of itself. Lyon and McGinn, two actual full backs, at full back and Hamilton in the middle.

Howie or Sula as the other centre half is the debate. Howie is the better player but, in my opinion, Sula has been the steadier of the two recently. Didn't see the game last week but it sounds like Sula was poor. Would be harsh to single him out though, given Howie and Hamilton were the ones that handed Peterhead a two goal lead. I think I'm right in saying Howie was without a club before signing for us in January? If so, it has shown.

Still, given you'd imagine Stranraer will be out not to lose primarily and we're likely to see a lot of the ball, I'd opt for Howie. Even rusty, he's the better option in possession. Sula will be a big miss defending set pieces but it's a risk we have to take. At least Ji Stevenson won't be there to blast the ball out for a freebie corner this time! We really have conceded some stupid goals this season btw.

We need to win. I appreciate a draw or loss doesn't mathematically do us in but it would make escape highly unlikely, especially given the inevitable blow to confidence.

My team for the weekend would be:

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Hamilton - Howie - McGinn -

- Grant - Ballantyne -

- Leitch - Rennie - King -

- Allan -

For me, Cuddihy is a better right back than he is a centre midfielder, and he's a better right back than Ross Lyon. Although Lyon has been fine of late, I still think he's one of our weakest points. Howie is a better player than Sula, he's been shaky but so has Sula. Leitch at 10 is an option, but I wouldn't want to pull Rennie out the team. Happy to be proven wrong! I don't think bringing Lyon or Sula in makes the team too much worse.

Whatever happens, this is the most important game of the season and we simply have to win.

Bringing in Lyon never makes sense to me. I’d go with that team maybe with the exception of Scullion in for King and Sula in for Howie. I feel Sula gets a harsh review in comparison to other bombscares in the squad over the course of this season.

I think this thread sums up why we have continued to struggle in games. An unbalanced squad, not an obvious best eleven and serious issues with height and aggression.

I actually thought the first half last week showed exactly why McGinn hasn't been starting. Plenty of attacking thrust but poor final delivery and defensive positioning. I'd not be adverse to him maybe playing on the left of midfield as his pace is a real threat.

Cuddihy and Grant in midfield as a base to build on. If we can fit in Ballantyne as well then so be it, but he doesn't win enough second balls for a game like this.

I'd probably play Howie at right back and keep Sula in for height.

Could be a total lottery this one. Fiery pitch with those winds. Oh well as has been mentioned Stranraer would take a draw. Capable of winning yes but so are Clyde. However I've been saying for weeks no matter what happens result wise in this game it will probably still go down to last 2 games to see whose unfortunate to be club 42. Its about time we improved our away form. Be nice if it started on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Could be a total lottery this one. Fiery pitch with those winds. Oh well as has been mentioned Stranraer would take a draw. Capable of winning yes but so are Clyde. However I've been saying for weeks no matter what happens result wise in this game it will probably still go down to last 2 games to see whose unfortunate to be club 42. Its about time we improved our away form. Be nice if it started on Saturday.

I'm not so sure, anything other that  a Clyde win and it's definitely advantage Stranraer.

Agree though, will be a complete lottery on Saturday.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Bringing in Lyon never makes sense to me. I’d go with that team maybe with the exception of Scullion in for King and Sula in for Howie. I feel Sula gets a harsh review in comparison to other bombscares in the squad over the course of this season.

Couldn’t agree more. Lyon is a liability and Sula, Scullion bring more to the team than Howie, Kingy.

8 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

We still won't shoot with that wind behind our backs until we are in the 6 yard box

If the wind's like that and King isn't shooting any time he gets the ball within 35 yards of Stranraer's goal I'll be furious