Clyde Vs Stranraer, New Douglas Park Links

3 hours ago, Fast_Action said:

Budinaukis. Anyone old enough to remember us having a dodgy keeper with the same name?  The no2 keeper to Bryn Halliwell?  But as dodgy as Stranraer's current offering.  Cost us a game against the dark side at Firhill on 02/01/2002. 

Edited to say that Alan Maitland was our manager then. 

Remember budinaukis playing a blinder against us for partick in a midweek game we won 2-1.  Carrots hit a beauty of a cross over and think big Mark McLaughlin headed a stormer to beat him with about 10 mins to go

We signed Budinaukis the next season and was pleased we did but think he got injured early on and never really did anything for us

Again if remember correctly he was in goal for Brechin when we beat them 6-1 the last game of the season where we nearly got promoted to premier league if we had only avoided defeat to ICT the week before

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's one way of looking at it. The other way is Stranraer acted like professionals and not Neds? 

Far from being neddy, showing a bit of dig and needle is desirable in a football team. I hope yours finds some before your play-off semi vs Spartans!

7 hours ago, Johnny Worm said:

Are you hanging about League 2 threads to give yourself a wee taster for next season?

It's a multi-club forum m8. 

5 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

Far from being neddy, showing a bit of dig and needle is desirable in a football team. I hope yours finds some before your play-off semi vs Spartans!

Aye, your players and backroom staff certainly behaved impeccably at Stair Park. 

18 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

premier league has var but we have to settle for a guess, aye fair enough

Yep. However i will always prefer a guess or sheer incompetence from a ref on the park than some nerd in an office controlling the outcome of games with the click of a mouse.

30 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

Yep. However i will always prefer a guess or sheer incompetence from a ref on the park than some nerd in an office controlling the outcome of games with the click of a mouse.

You know those "nerds in an office" are the normal refs we have on the pitch, aye?

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You know those "nerds in an office" are the normal refs we have on the pitch, aye?

Yep. A guy/gal running around the park with a whistle, making decisions as they see it, in the context of the game, is a referee. The same guy/gal sitting in an office with a laptop, mouse, a book of Association Football For Dummies and the Whatsapp message on who to upset this week, becomes a nerd.

Tis the way of things.

15 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

Yep. A guy/gal running around the park with a whistle, making decisions as they see it, in the context of the game, is a referee. The same guy/gal sitting in an office with a laptop, mouse, a book of Association Football For Dummies and the Whatsapp message on who to upset this week, becomes a nerd.

Tis the way of things.

I'm not sure your definition of nerd matches mine but I do agree we don't need VAR. If VAR stopped it would give us the shite refs we used to have back, instead of these useless c***s we have now.

45 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

becomes a nerd.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure your definition of nerd matches mine 

A referee is a nerd whether they're on the park or sitting in an office

I agree with both of you, down with VAR etc. It's much better that the mistake is made by the nerd on the park as opposed to being a comedy of errors by many nerds.

'Say 'nerd' again' 

Nerd

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Both previous games they won, the Stranraer players ran directly to our fans including their keeper In the first match at Stairs running the length of the pitch to do so and give a "get it up ye's" to us.

Cutely edited out the highlights but the SPFL going two footed with it In it's original form is quite hilarious and makes the winner even sweeter in my opinion.  

Edited by Glorious Purpose