Junior Takeover

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's been talked about since the Pyramid began and yes, has been discussed at board level (as has HL2).  Whether it happens is another matter, but at some point the SFA will try again with B teams / Conference / other crackpot idea.  LL2 is a good chance to get a grip of it on LL terms.

As for travel, potentailly a LL2 could look like

Beith

Auchinleck

Clydebank

Darvel

Pollok

Cumnock

Broxburn

Musselburgh

Jeanfield Swifts

Sauchie

Dunbar United

Dalbeattie Star

Celtic B

Hearts B

3rd B team

4th B team

There is an unlicenced team in Beith in there. Wouldn't have thought so 

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It would open up for the top 5 or 6 of WoS / EoS Premier to move into LL2 (so 5/6 move up from EoS/WoS 1st Div etc), it should also open up promotion / relegation into LL1 going forward, and from the Wos and EoS into LL2.  Problem with the Conference it was only 10 teams, national, and 40% were B teams.

No solution will tick all the boxes.

So in short, yes it has exactly the same issue. 

The WOSFL isn't perfect but it's a brilliantly entertaining league to be a part of and the opportunity for promotion is there for every team that wants it and is set up for it.  The issue with guaranteed promotion to the LL is certainly there at the moment - the solution there is for the LL to open up the number of promotion places, not plank another league in the middle. 

Edited by Dean Learner

1 minute ago, Dean Learner said:

So in short, yes it has exactly the same issue. 

The WOSFL isn't perfect but it's a brilliantly entertaining league to be a part of and the opportunity for promotion is there for every team that wants it and is set up for it.  The issue with promotion to the LL is certainly there - the solution there is for the LL to open up the number of promotion places, not plank another league in the middle. 

It's not exactly the same at all if you read what I wrote.

The LL will not open up any further until the SPFL reciprocrate, that won't happen either. It's not right IMO but here we are.

Does it really matter if tier 6 is called WoS Premier of LL2, not really, but what it would provide is more opportunity for promtion to tier 5, upto 3 auto promotion places instead of a play-off.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's not exactly the same at all if you read what I wrote.

The LL will not open up any further until the SPFL reciprocrate, that won't happen either. It's not right IMO but here we are.

Does it really matter if tier 6 is called WoS Premier of LL2, not really, but what it would provide is more opportunity for promtion to tier 5, upto 3 auto promotion places instead of a play-off.

It is exactly the same issue. Everybody below that tier is relegated overnight. 

Do they not count as long as five or six stay where they are and have an easier route to the tier above?

Edited by Dean Learner

Lowland League wouldnt agree to 3 up and 3 down from LL1 and LL2 and I wouldnt trust them at all. B teams are very unappealing to be playing for all West and East of Scotland teams.

Also one of the teams who would benefit from LL2 would be Blackburn United who would far more likely be a East Premier team after removing the top 6 or 8 teams from it so I can see why Burnieman is pushing this idea. 

I could see LL2 being an extension of East of Scotland League so West teams need to be very careful and not find themselves all but relegated again if East teams push for this and we go down a tier minus Clydebank or whoever wants to go to LL2.

Just now, Dean Learner said:

It is exactly the same issuverybode. Everybody below that tier is relegated overnight. 

No they are not, some are, some will move up to fill gaps created. What about the rest of my post about increased opportunity to move up tiers which doesn't exist now which is the bigger picture.

5 hours ago, mike strutter said:

Simply not true ... when talbot were doing everything they could to avoid a pyramid system my opinion was the same and it still is ... they wanted to continue to be a big fish in a small pond who were invariably winning the league and gaining entry to the big scottish where they would hopefully go on a wee run and gain substantial amounts of money , then get bumped out and spend the money mopping up any decent players to avoid their junior rivals getting them and simply repeating the cycle ... that my friend was the talbot mentality and you can tell me till your blue in the face that it might not have been but you'd be wasting your time ... as for Clydebanks season then yes im disappointed in our recent run of poor form but we will come again and we won't stop till we're out of this set up .. which is what we have always stated was our intention ... now thats forward thinking mate , thats pushing for progress... have a great day.

Clydebank blew the West Junior dinosaur set up wide open when they said they were leaving for the East of Scotland League.

I'd give it till the end of the season and if they feel certain clubs are holding up the pyramid the Bankies should start to look at joining the South of Scotland League.

More chance of Clydebank reaching the LL via that route.

It's not as though it can't be done, two clubs did it in the other direction from the South to the West.

Just now, Burnieman said:

No they are not, some are, some will move up to fill gaps created. What about the rest of my post about increased opportunity to move up tiers which doesn't exist now which is the bigger picture.

You are describing the Conference League. 

5 hours ago, mike strutter said:

Auchinleck Talbot are about as progressive as the orange order.

Wow what a statement to make I think u need to go back to school to learn history talbot has nothing to do with the orange order so I would kindly ask u to remove such allegation 

3 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Lowland League wouldnt agree to 3 up and 3 down from LL1 and LL2 and I wouldnt trust them at all. B teams are very unappealing to be playing for all West and East of Scotland teams.

Also one of the teams who would benefit from LL2 would be Blackburn United who would far more likely be a East Premier team after removing the top 6 or 8 teams from it so I can see why Burnieman is pushing this idea. 

I have nothing to do with Blackburn United these days, maybe play the ball not the man.

Pro/rel between LL1 and LL2 would be more than between LL and tier 6 currently, which is the point,

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Clydebank blew the West Junior dinosaur set up wide open when they said they were leaving for the East of Scotland League.

I'd give it till the end of the season and if they feel certain clubs are holding up the pyramid the Bankies should start to look at joining the South of Scotland League.

More chance of Clydebank reaching the LL via that route.

It's not as though it can't be done, two clubs did it in the other direction from the South to the West.

Maybe they should try and win the league and progress out of it that way? Absolute desperation. 

Just now, Burnieman said:

I have nothing to do with Blackburn United these days, maybe play the ball not the man.

Pro/rel between LL1 and LL2 would be more than between LL and tier 6 currently, which is the point,

I dont think people trust the Lowland League to have 3 up and 3 down as so against even having guaranteed 1 relegation place never mind 3.

4 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

I can understand the reluctance of some sides in the West to seek promotion to the Lowland League - the LL would involve significant amounts of travel and the costs associated with this for many WOSL sides especially the Ayrshire ones to the likes of Dalbeattie , Cowdenbeath and Berwick. 

None of these places are far from Ayrshire tho.

If 2 hour journeys scare you then tier 5 is absolutely not the place for you. 

Edited by parsforlife

Just now, Shannon said:

I dont think people trust the Lowland League to have 3 up and 3 down as so against even having guaranteed 1 relegation place never mind 3.

We're talking apples and oranges.  LL would run both divisions, all members equal etc so yes, I think pro/rel would be a lot different than LL v EoS/WoS. 

It's all theoretical however the Pyramid should be continually evolving to suit the needs of the clubs in it, and we have an issue of pro/rel between tiers 5/6 which needs a solution.