Junior Takeover

Just now, Shanner said:

same guy that was bubbling about sporting integrity earlier. 

another crybaby. 

Everyone knows that Talbot don’t want to play in the LL.Pointless football club not interested in progressing but want the money from the real Scottish Cup.

Just now, Vanderbilt said:

Everyone knows that Talbot don’t want to play in the LL.Pointless football club not interested in progressing but want the money from the real Scottish Cup.

big bad Talbot waaaaah. 

35 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Check out the Lowland League and the EoSFL. They've got 2 people involved in both.

That’s even dafter as surely your team is only playing in one of the other? You get promoted then you aren’t active in the east? 

Not as conflicted but daft.

2 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

That’s even dafter as surely your team is only playing in one of the other? You get promoted then you aren’t active in the east? 

Not as conflicted but daft.

I think what they're talking about is the Secretary and Fixture Secretary. Neither one is making up the rules or votes as far as i'm aware.

31 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

I think it’s clear to see that there’s an attempt to turn the WoSFL back to the bad old days.

The next 4 league meeting should be interesting.

How about Lowland league 2

Filled with licensed clubs who apply for membership. Applications open to SoS, EoS and WoS clubs.

That would test any WoSFL clubs commitment to the pyramid. 

I can understand the reluctance of some sides in the West to seek promotion to the Lowland League - the LL would involve significant amounts of travel and the costs associated with this for many WOSL sides especially the Ayrshire ones to the likes of Dalbeattie , Cowdenbeath and Berwick. I don’t think for many WOSL sides this cost would be offset by significantly higher home crowds or larger travelling supports- I have no doubts that the likes of my own team Clydebank , Talbot and Pollok’s travelling supports would also probably be higher than that carried by many LL sides if not nearly all of them. 

I recognise as a Bankies fan I  can’t talk from a position of strength giving our recent form and the likelihood of us blowing our best chance of potential promotion for some time but am worried at the potential for no WOSL sides participating in the LL for some time to come 

There are many current sides in the WOSL Premier who I feel could more than hold their own in the LL but worry that we won’t get the chance to see this anytime soon

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Wow, seriously?

Rules are changing all of the time to accommodate the dinosaurs.Anything progressive that’s proposed is voted down.

Edited by Vanderbilt

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Examples please.

Junior Cup now priority for fixtures 

SJFA committee members now allowed on WoSFL board.

Proposal for Premier League clubs to either have a license or prove that they’re moving towards getting one binned.

Edited by Vanderbilt

20 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Junior Cup now priority for fixtures 

SJFA committee members now allowed on WoSFL board.

Proposal for Premier League clubs to either have a license or prove that they’re moving towards getting one binned.

So when you said all of the time you were massively exaggerating? 

ETA - are all of these things open to votes by member clubs btw? (I don't know the political workings). if they are it seems like all of the above is fine and in line with the way the organisation should function

Edited by Shanner

5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

So when you said all of the time you were massively exaggerating? 

ETA - are all of these things open to votes by member clubs btw? (I don't know the political workings). if they are it seems like all of the above is fine and in line with the way the organisation should function

More to come I’m sure when McDiddycup is in charge.

Just now, Vanderbilt said:

More to come I’m sure when McDiddycup is in charge.

why can't we all just act in the interests of Clydebank at all times? that seems to be the common point from a good number of your fans on here. completely reasonable.

5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

why can't we all just act in the interests of Clydebank at all times? that seems to be the common point from a good number of your fans on here. completely reasonable.

Why can’t we all just act in the interests of the pyramid instead of a stupid old devalued cup?

25 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It should be the aim to work towards a positive pyramid, for all clubs interested in such.

If there are clubs, and I'm not saying there is, not interested in the bigger pyramid system, then revive the old Junior set up for them.

It's baffling that everyone wanted to leave the West Region Juniors but many want to play in the Junior Cup. Who forced all these clubs to leave the West Region Juniors?

Edited by not man of the match

1 minute ago, not man of the match said:

It should be the aim to work towards a positive pyramid, for all clubs interested in such.

If there are clubs, and I'm not saying there is, not interested in the bigger pyramid system, then revive the old Junior set up for them.

It's baffling that everyone wanted to leave the West Region Juniors but many want to play in the Junior Cup. Who forced all these clubs to leave the West Region Juniors?

the clubs can comfortably play in the current league and the junior cup. some manageable fixture issues apart it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

7 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

You did. It was you!

13 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

This, in my opinion, is a bad faith argument. It's very possible for clubs to want both - it doesn't need to be an either/or scenario.

If the majority of clubs are leaving a league setup, it's not as simple as saying the ones who didn't want to leave should just have stayed put. They aren't staying in the same environment.