Junior Takeover

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

LL2 seems to be the better of 2 evils, it's a sore one for the EoS and WoS but it will make the Lowland League more marketable and hopefully put an end to some of the lingering problem with the B teams.

It should have been all planned and in the pipeline years ago though. Then clubs would have known what the longterm plan was all along

You can have three up/down between LL1 and LL2. Then for LL2 three down, and the Champions of WoS, EoS and SoS auto promoted (or thereabouts depending on pro/rel to League Two of course).

With 32 members, the LL can accomodate 4 B teams and take control of that situation away from the SFA and put it to bed.   The SFA had their fingers badly burned over the Conference debacle but the LL can offer them a solution that doesn't upset the current 16 member clubs.  Four vacancies in LL2 (or two in LL1 and two in LL2, whatever) after that any other club who want a B team start at the bottom (like Livingston are about to do).

What that would also do is allow WoSFL clubs, some of whom are shit scared at being the first to go to the LL, to move into LL2 along with a group of their chums.

6 minutes ago, Basile Boli said:

I get that, but if I asked my mates and footballing acquaintances who are not as clued up on the non-league scene as you or I if they knew of the Junior Cup or the South Challenge Cup I know which way the answer would be heavily skewed towards. I think that is worth something.

Not sure that's reason enough to persuade these clubs to be fair.

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Let them play in the junior cup, whats backwards about it is the wosl panders to another competing associations cup. Its a backdoors takeover to let the dinosaurs get what they wanted in the first instance. Hopefully this debacle pushes more sensible football administrators to press for a Lowland League 2.

Why not go for WOSFL. EOSFL, HL & LL all at tier 5, HL & LL already tier 5 so why not add in WOS & EOS? Surely that would be the most progressive move?

Winners then enter a mini league and the winner (assuming meets the criteria) face off against the bottom of League 2 for a place in the SPFL. 

Having it regionalised tier 5 with the 4 regions makes it a much more attractive pyramid system, instead of paying crazy amounts of money on transport in tier 5, better use of the money would be investing in ground/playing staff? Once or if you reach the SPFL then you need to accept travelling anywhere in Scotland. 

The easiest way out of the WOSFL, if it is so bad, is to simply win the league and win the play off. There really isn't anything complicated about getting out the league. I don't get what the complaints are, it is as simple as if you are the best team you win the league.

Over the course of a season the best team wins the league, last season Beith were best side, season before Darvel with the only difference being Darvel were able to play in the play-offs, Beith weren't. I am a firm believer that the league table come the end of the season doesn't lie. 

14 minutes ago, Talbotphotos said:

Why not go for WOSFL. EOSFL, HL & LL all at tier 5, HL & LL already tier 5 so why not add in WOS & EOS? Surely that would be the most progressive move?

Winners then enter a mini league and the winner (assuming meets the criteria) face off against the bottom of League 2 for a place in the SPFL. 

Having it regionalised tier 5 with the 4 regions makes it a much more attractive pyramid system, instead of paying crazy amounts of money on transport in tier 5, better use of the money would be investing in ground/playing staff? Once or if you reach the SPFL then you need to accept travelling anywhere in Scotland. 

The easiest way out of the WOSFL, if it is so bad, is to simply win the league and win the play off. There really isn't anything complicated about getting out the league. I don't get what the complaints are, it is as simple as if you are the best team you win the league.

Over the course of a season the best team wins the league, last season Beith were best side, season before Darvel with the only difference being Darvel were able to play in the play-offs, Beith weren't. I am a firm believer that the league table come the end of the season doesn't lie. 

Paying crazy money for buses to play Junior diddy cup games in Aberdeenshire watched by 2 men and a dog is fine though…..

18 minutes ago, Talbotphotos said:

Because the SFA will not allow it (too many voting members at tier 5) and the SPFL wouldnt allow it (they just want two leagues to drop into).

13 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

Is the premise of LL2 not going to have the same drawbacks as the Conference League in that it relegates x amount of teams overnight?

It would open up for the top 5 or 6 of WoS / EoS Premier to move into LL2 (so 5/6 move up from EoS/WoS 1st Div etc), it should also open up promotion / relegation into LL1 going forward, and from the Wos and EoS into LL2.  Problem with the Conference it was only 10 teams, national, and 40% were B teams.

No solution will tick all the boxes.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Problem with the Conference it was only 10 teams, national, and 40% were B teams.

And none of the Highland League teams wanted anything to do with it

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

is LL2 just something that was made up on this thread or is it actually a proposal under consideration?

i suspect it's the former but people are talking as if it's the latter.

It's been talked about since the Pyramid began and yes, has been discussed at board level (as has HL2).  Whether it happens is another matter, but at some point the SFA will try again with B teams / Conference / other crackpot idea.  LL2 is a good chance to get a grip of it on LL terms.

As for travel, potentailly a LL2 could look like

Beith

Auchinleck

Clydebank

Darvel

Pollok

Cumnock

Broxburn

Musselburgh

Jeanfield Swifts

Sauchie

Dunbar United

Dalbeattie Star

Celtic B

Hearts B

3rd B team

4th B team

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

is LL2 just something that was made up on this thread or is it actually a proposal under consideration?

It was mentioned by one of the LL Higher-ups around the peak of their cnutiness, so it was pretty much disregarded and told to bolt from what I remember 

Anyway probably veering well off topic,  but the stage we're now at with the Pyramid, these are the sort of discussions that should be happening. 

Having the CEO of the SJFA potentially become Chairman of the WoSFL is bonkers, and not good for progress.

13 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Very much the former in answer to a hypothetical question. 

But good to see the Tom Johnston's old WoS at tier 5 get an airing.  A proposal which he suggested was only option but was never going to be accepted which no doubt was the plan all along. Failure was supposed to see the SJFA toddle on with his office at Hampden, gratuity and all the blazeratti freebies continuing on unabated

Edited by clansman

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It's been talked about since the Pyramid began and yes, has been discussed at board level (as has HL2).  Whether it happens is another matter, but at some point the SFA will try again with B teams / Conference / other crackpot idea.  LL2 is a good chance to get a grip of it on LL terms.

As for travel, potentailly a LL2 could look like

Beith

Auchinleck

Clydebank

Darvel

Pollok

Cumnock

Broxburn

Musselburgh

Jeanfield Swifts

Sauchie

Dunbar United

Dalbeattie Star

Celtic B

Hearts B

3rd B team

4th B team

Cheers. I'd be up for that (I'm very progressive) until I see the B teams. they can gtf.

32 minutes ago, Talbotphotos said:

1. Exactly what geographical 'region' would the LL cover? How would relegation from or promotion to LL work?

2. Where do you get the "crazy amounts of money on transport in tier 5" from? I've heard no complaints from LL clubs, and the HL have been managing happily with much greater distances since God was a boy.