Livingston v Aberdeen - 06/04/24

The opening match of the season was close to being called off due to the shortage of football played. I have a sense that this game could deteriorate even more!

I expect Duk and Polvara to start because of their performances when coming on against Dundee.

The footballing masochist in me wants to see us win this game, then take something off Hearts at Tynecastle, hope County lose their next 2 games, and seeing us playing them at home in the first post split fixture, being just 6pts behind them, just to make it interesting still. Then reality kicked in and slapped me on the head telling me not to be so fucking stupid.

Yengi up front is about all i can predict from our starting line up, hopefully MacKay is fit to start too, at least with his pace helping Yengi we'd have some form of goal threat. Even though Aberdeen are no great shakes this season, they've got good goal scorers, which should be enough to beat us, so for once i'd love it if Martindale just threw caution to the wind and set us up to go score goals and f**k playing to try and stop Aberdeen scoring.

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

so for once i'd love it if Martindale just threw caution to the wind and set us up to go score goals and f**k playing to try and stop Aberdeen scoring.

I can recommend a good therapist.

I predict our players will not pick up the tools they laid down many months ago. It’s a shame Aberdeen are so bad or else we could get an absolute caning. One of these weeks it will be six or seven. Might get a 0-0 here.

2 hours ago, Stu_81 said:

Will the game be in doubt 🤔 hefty winds tomorrow afternoon.

Been pissing down relentlessly for the last 2 days.Thankfully its stopped now and a balmy 16 degrees fore cast for tomorrow.The wind,we can both deal with.Suspect the West Coast will take the brunt.

18 hours ago, betting competition said:

The opening match of the season was close to being called off due to the shortage of football played. I have a sense that this game could deteriorate even more!

I expect Duk and Polvara to start because of their performances when coming on against Dundee.

Robson came out afterwards and admitted the players had played the way he instructed.

I don't think Leven makes the same mistake.

Aberdeen are quite tempting odds for this given Livi have won 3 games all season. Thought the Dons were just ok during the 0-1 win at Fir Park but how have you been generally under Leven? Good enough for me to stick some money on an away win? 

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Aberdeen are quite tempting odds for this given Livi have won 3 games all season. Thought the Dons were just ok during the 0-1 win at Fir Park but how have you been generally under Leven? Good enough for me to stick some money on an away win? 

Doubt we'll win, but we might f**k your bet up and draw, same as we did the last game at home against them. Think it's prob worth the risk sticking something on an Aberdeen win though, as well as being shite, and Martindale playing players out of position and not playing Anderson for more than a couple of minutes a game, we're struggling with injuries.

Which all points to a freak result with Livi winning 1-0.😂

No real point in thinking we're going to get something from this, same cycle every week. Go into the game thinking about what we need to go our way, lose with a whimper and remember that we're already down at this point. 

2 hours ago, dezz said:

We're much better trying to play the way Leven has us attempting to play.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not able to get to this, so looking forward to a couple of mentions on Open All Mics between 3.00 and 5.00.

True

Mcintyre will however at least 5 times say "VAR is in operation today. Alan Preston , what do you make of it"

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Doubt we'll win, but we might f**k your bet up and draw, same as we did the last game at home against them. Think it's prob worth the risk sticking something on an Aberdeen win though, as well as being shite, and Martindale playing players out of position and not playing Anderson for more than a couple of minutes a game, we're struggling with injuries.

Which all points to a freak result with Livi winning 1-0.😂

Bet on. Congrats in advance on your 4th win of the season.