Bonnyrigg v Peterhead

29 minutes ago, DDRose said:

I think it's between Stranraer and us to be truthful. I don't think either 3 of us win the play offs either. I really hope all 3 can stay up.

Couldn’t agree more with the 2 latter statements. I think EK would beat us all although I would hate to have the Chicken Man in the league.

Well after all the rain this week I can’t believe that the game is on , so well done to those who have been working on the pitch to make sure it’s playable. It’s not going to be a pretty game for sure with the wind also into the equation. Thought it was a so-so start for Callum last Saturday, how we need to score more goals and as usual the first goal today again being all important. Expect a lot of the fans will be regularly checking their phone to check on the score in an important game elsewhere in Central Scotland.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

The pitch will be really heavy, we’ll certainly not get the usual tiki-taka football we experience at NDP!! 🤨

Another massive game for the Rose, hopefully Calum Elliot has had time to install a few new ideas to the players.

Better performance from the Rose in awful conditions (well played both teams for battling the elements) but once again we lose a goal to a set piece header (a free header in the box at that), and a silly late goal that was preventable. Peterhead are a decent team, McKee and Ritchie look quality but I thought Currie was the MOTM.

Both Rose goals were crackers, which was pleasing. It’s onwards to next week ….

27 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Well that was a farce 🤣

Bits of the ground were actually damaged by the wind 

IMG_20240406_144331028.jpg

That happened last time there was a storm and was fixed. Given Edinburgh City s game at Meadowbank got abandoned for the wind should this match have finished especially seeing that collapse? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

That happened last time there was a storm and was fixed. Given Edinburgh City s game at Meadowbank got abandoned for the wind should this match have finished especially seeing that collapse? 

Truthfully No should never have started but same for both teams etc etc but we were all just pishin ourselves laughing when goal kicks were getting blown back by the wind  for corners or just getting blown over the stands etc Bonnyriggs bill for new balls will be lofty this week as some of them would have probably landed around leith 

Edited by doulikefish

The pitch actually looked better this time than our previous visit, the addition of some green stuff on top of the mud hid the fact that underneath must have had some corrugated sheeting blown off a roof somewhere. Add in a howling gale and any idea of playing football was a non starter. We had to adapt our play but for the Rose it was carry on as usual, have to admit their goals were well taken. We kept working away and deserved the draw but think everybody had been glad to get on the bus and head up the road. Stewart McKenzies kicking in general was ok but at least nothing came of him picking up his own goalkick resulting in a freekick in our own box