Best Squad in the League vs The Championees

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

My main takeaway from Hamilton yesterday was, for a wee stumpy guy Henderson's got some pace on him.

My main takeaway was either that team are carrying a lot of timber or horizontal stripes are DREADFULLY unflattering on one’s physique.

Based on Accies form in the last 7 games or so, I thought they'd be our toughest game but that yesterday was an utter canter for us. Didn't need to get out 3rd gear, Miller and Nesbitt were brilliant, Tait and Spencer won the midfield battle and the defence kept Hakeem Rose quiet with the exception of a few half chances. Shout out to Hogarth as well, nothing to do all game but still had the concentration and alertness to pull off two saves to keep the clean sheet

Also, how many times did Miller say "Invincibles" in his post match interview? The players have a determination to do it and for their sake rather than the fans, I hope they do it. 

Accies were poor, continue like that and they won't go up

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Apart from a couple of decent chances, if I was an Accies fan, I’d be gravely worried about the players attitude, application and general malaise. It was an absolute canter and we’ve had teams like Annan and Edinburgh giving a far more dig. Play offs are cup finals - play like yesterday and you’ve absolutely no chance of getting up. 

You'd think those that watch Accies every week would have been highlighting how poor the manager is at managing and motivating our team...

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

My main takeaway was either that team are carrying a lot of timber or horizontal stripes are DREADFULLY unflattering on one’s physique.

Thought it was just me. Barjonas and Henderson looked huge.

Hoops and being on TV not a flattering combination. 

Nesbitt and Miller were outstanding yesterday. Particularly the former, MotM for me and one of our top performers this year. Always been capable of turning in that level of performance but has been so much more consistent this season. When he plays well, the team plays well. 

As others have said we cruised it without having to get out of second gear. Accies didnt really create anything of note, pretty sure Rose was flagged offside for his header in the first half

Based on that and the previous games I reckon Hamilton will do fine in the play offs tbh. Especially as Martin will probably be match-fit just in time. A decent side with lots of good players for this level. No shame in not being to live with the Navy Blue Juggernaut. Hopefully they manage to relegate Queens Park in the process, an even more tinpot outfit. 

Ps top work by Tait at the opening goal, possibly the most worthwhile booking of all time in professional football. Watching back on Alba they said he has his fingers in his ears, looked to me like he was actually making crying eyes gestures? Hope McGlynn is on the phone to Hibs right now about getting him back for next season 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Thought it was just me. Barjonas and Henderson looked huge.

Hoops and being on TV not a flattering combination. 

My, my, my, you need have a word with your fashion consultant, that is sooooooo yesterday! 😁

Hoops make you look thinner.

Horizontal vs. Vertical Stripes | Fact and Fiction About Striped Clothing

7 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

So Falkirk fans are finally realising that Rankin doesn't know what he's doing? 

There's been a bit of tongue-in-cheekedness about it all, but looking at your stats, there is no doubt he has done "well".

I think actually seeing how feeble your side looked yesterday has probably made a few (myself included) go "ah, they are pretty gutless".

Hamilton have been pish against us, particularly yesterday, but they’ve had a good season.

They are probably better than we were last season I would say and I think they’ve got a decent shot at coming up via the playoffs. I’m not saying that Rankin is a good manager or otherwise but they’ve done not bad. No shame in finishing a distant second to us this year.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

My main takeaway from Hamilton yesterday was, for a wee stumpy guy Henderson's got some pace on him.

He is rotten 

hamilton remind me of us last season, some very good players, some potential and a lot of jersey fillers. they have an enormous squad (6 or 7 more than us i think)  and a shortage of leaders. Injury playing its part there. rebuild required but it may be good enough to go up if they can get their best players up and running.

14 hours ago, StuartA said:

Because we made an utter c’nt of it for years. Back now though. 

11 hours ago, Roboccop said:

Actually everything regresses towards the total wage bill. That’s the one highly correlative metric that counts in all leagues ( more than turnover or transfers). Read the Numbers Game. 

of course having a high home attendance makes the wage bill higher too, but that is the best predictor of final success  

9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Because we bought utter shite.

Quite obvious I would have thought.

So it is about results and not home attendances, thank you for confirming.

Enjoy the championship next season hopefully we join you if not we’ll have enough to see off those hicks from Arbroath.

Slightly late to the party with regards to Accies' / Rankin's performance to date this season.

If we take the three head to heads where Falkirk took all 9 points and say instead that the Accies won all three of these games then there would be an 18 point swing from where we currently stand now: Falkirk, instead of 87 points would have 78 and the Accies, instead of 65 points would have 74 points so we would still be 4 points ahead of them.

It isn't that the Accies have done badly, it is just that Falkirk have been out of this world.

17 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Expected a tougher game than that tbh, Hamilton really haven't got that much about them at all, not convinced they'll go up via the playoffs on that showing. All about hitting form at the right time ofcourse. Be interesting to hear what deluded pish Rankin comes out with post match. 

We will be the only team going up to the championship this season 

16 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

So why has it taken Falkirk with this massive fan base so long to get out of this backwater league where they so greatly out number the opposition fans on a weekly basis? 😱

Shafted by covid year one followed by poor leadership/management 

The same could happen to Hamilton.

I noticed a few of the Hamilton players are quite rotund, Barjonas especially.

Au revoir Hamilton we'll meet again don't know where don't when but I know we'll meet again some sunny day 👌👌

PS won't be next season